• Published 15th Jun 2013
  • 3,553 Views, 75 Comments

Lost - Cyanjames2819



A new creature is loose in Equestria, and the Princess of the Night must figure out what it is before anything happens. Fluttershy is now missing from Ponyville and Luna fears the worst for the timid little pony.

  • ...
13
 75
 3,553

Chapter 18: Binary Minds

The morning light shined through the window of Fluttershy's room, and onto Nebula's sleeping form. The warmth of the light waked him from his slumber and opened his eyes to see his two most prized possessions, Fluttershy and Playtime.

He pulled them a little closer with his wing, causing Fluttershy to stir and repositioned herself to get more warmth from his body. He smiled at his divine goddess in his embrace and looked at their little angel sleeping beside her, embracing his bushy tail.

He leaned in and kissed both their foreheads lightly. Fluttershy made a sly smile when he kissed her and sighed happily, Playtime just tightened her embrace on his tail.

He just looked at the two sleeping and wondered what they were dreaming about. Curiosity then took him over and leaned in to touch his nose with Fluttershy’s.

One moment he was in the room, the next, he was outside on the side of a hill. He looked at the sky and it was orange and noticed the sun was setting under the horizon

"Nebula! Nebula, Please Don't Go!" he heard Fluttershy at the top where a Weeping Willow was rooted. He started going up, but when he heard whimpering, he started going faster. He looked around and everything was beginning to darken and fade away.

He got up to the top to see a crying mare on the grassy ground. "Fluttershy?" he said and got a little closer.

She quickly looked up with teary eyes and smiled widely once she saw her special dragon. She quickly got up to her hooves and hugged him tightly. "Please Don't Leave Again! Please!" she cried out and tightened her grip around his neck.

He sat down and wrapped his arms and wings around her, "I won't, Fluttershy. I'm right here." he said to her, trying to calm her down.

He gently wiped her tears away and caressed her pink mane. She sniffled and rubbed her cheek on his warm coat, "You feel so real." she said to him, now calmed down.

"That's because I'm just visiting." he said to her.

She looked up at him in wonder, "Really? So... is it really you?" he nodded. She smiled and rested her head on his chest, "I love the real you. It's so hard to imagine you up." she said to him.

"Well, enjoy it while it last. The sun was up when I woke." he said to her.

She looked up at him, "The sun's up?" she asked and he nodded. She smiled, leaned up and kissed him. When they woke, their lips were pressed together.

They separated and opened their eyes to see each other and smiled. "Good morning, love." she greeted.

"Good morning." he replied.

They both heard the filly yawn and looked to see Playtime rubbing her eyes with one of her fore hoof. Fluttershy pulled her closer and rubbed her cheek with hers, "Good morning, my little Angel." she greeted the filly.

Playtime smiled at her with tired eyes, "Good morning, mommy." she yawned and rested back down.

Fluttershy just loved being called "Mommy" by the filly. Her heart melted every time she called her that and just wanted to love and hug the life out of the filly in her hooves.

Fluttershy kissed her on the cheek, "Sleepy?" she asked. Playtime nodded while yawning. Fluttershy suddenly yawned as well, "Oh my. You're contagious." she said to her and Playtime giggled.

As Playtime fell asleep, Fluttershy looked at Nebula with a hopeful smile, "Can you be with me in my dreams?" she asked.

Nebula smiled and nodded, "As you wish." he said quietly.

They rested back down, touched their noses together and closed their eyes. In no time, they were back together, but in a different location this time.

They both were at the top of a cliff, a forest below and the sun setting behind the mountains.

Nebula rested down and looked at Fluttershy, "What do you think?" he asked her.

Fluttershy stepped closer to the cliffs edge, looking at the breath taking scenery, "It looks beautiful..." she answered.

"Good." he said and just watched her looking at the new location.

She slowly started backing away and went over to his side. He wrapped a wing over her; "I love it." she said and rubbed her head on his side with affection.

He smiled, wrapped his arm around her and kissed her forehead. "Anything for you." he said and both looked at the setting sun.

After a few more moments, the sun fully set under the horizon, darkening the sky. As the moon came out, the clouds disappeared to show the star filled sky.

Fluttershy looked at the night sky in awe and wonder, "Wow..." she looked at him, "Is this accurate?" she asked.

"Hundred percent. I just made them a little brighter for you to see." he looked up at the sky, "Not the same with my old view though." he said.

"Oh... well... what did you see before you came here?" she asked, curios.

He looked at her, "You sure?" he said, a little surprised. She nodded eagerly with a smile. "Okay then. Will be right back here if you want." he said to her and the world around them started to change, twist, and shift. In no time, they were surrounded by empty space and stars, and even other distant nebulas.

Fluttershy started looking all around her, nothing but stars surrounding them. "Oh my. This is what you see every day before?" she said and looked under her hooves to see more stars.

"Yes, but... I never saw beauty out of it. All I saw were my and my siblings’ stars surrounding us. Nothing more." he said to her and started looking around again, "But now... it's good to see them again like this."

He then thought of something and looked at the mare, "Do you want to see Playtime before she was a filly?" he asked her.

She looked at him with a smile, "Of course!" she answered.

He unwrapped his arm around her and brought out his clawed hand. Fluttershy looked closely as a small dot of white light appeared hovering above his palm. She looked at the closest star to her side and looked back; "She was so small." she looked closer.

"Yet the liveliest then all others." he said then the little star turned into a sleeping filly, hovering just above his hand.

Fluttershy smiled at the filly, "How in the world am I so lucky to have you two?" she continued to stare at the glowing, sleeping filly.

"That is a question I don't have the answer to." he said to her and watched the sleeping filly with her. They both leaned in on each other and Nebula rested his cheek on her head.

After a moment, he looked at her, "Thank you, Fluttershy. For showing and guiding me through the path." the world around them then started changing again and rested his hand back down. He stood up and a large, glowing sphere appeared in front of them, surrounded in glowing purple gas.

He walked up to the orb as Fluttershy stood up to her hooves, "What is this?" she asked.

"My core before you came. But this..." the orb glowed even brighter than before, causing Fluttershy to shield her eyes with her hoof, "This is now my core."

Fluttershy then noticed images spinning around her, the glowing purple gas now light in color. She looked at the images closely and saw they were memories of the times they were together. From first beginnings of them meeting in the Everfree forest, right up to when they woke up moments ago.

She then found a letter orbiting his glowing core, the letter Fio gave him for saving her life.

Nebula then reached into his core and pulled out a small glowing orb from it. Then it started to reform itself and turned into a necklace, the white stone dimly glowing. The string replaced with silver, shiny metal and held the white stone as though metal vines grew out and spiraled down onto the stone.

He went up to her, the necklace floating right beside him, "Fluttershy." he said to her. She looked at him, "You changed and reformed everything I once was," he gently grabbed the necklace and showed it to her, bowing down to her, "For that, I give you a piece of my heart as a gift for my appreciation." he said to her, still bowing down to his divine goddess.

She was speechless... she had no idea what to say. An actual piece of his core... no, his heart for her and her alone. He's even bowing down to her like she was the Princess of Equestria herself.

She took one step forward and the necklace started to float up to her and gently floated back down around her neck. She looked at it for a good long moment, and then her eyes began to tear up. She looked at him, "Nebula." she said to him.

He looked up at her and she pressed her lips onto his with closed eyes. As if a light switch has been turned off, the area around them turned black.

As they wake once more, they blinked their eyes to see each other, kissing. Fluttershy blushed and both separated, "Good morning, love." she greeted once more with a smile.

"Good morning." he replied.

"Gooooood Morning!" Playtime yelled and started jumping on the bed happily.

Fluttershy giggled, and then felt something tied around her neck. She lifted her head and saw the necklace around her neck.

"Oooh... pretty." Playtime stopped jumping and looked at Fluttershy's new accessory. She looked up at her, "Was it from, daddy?" she asked.

Fluttershy looked to her side and smiled at him, "Yes, sweetie." she kissed him once more and noticed Playtime's eyes and cutie mark glowing again, a smile forming across her face happily.

Author's Note:

Hope you like the chapter, everyone. So what do you think about the story so far?

The two new stories are up now:
1. Divine
2.Mending the Broken
So read the little samples on both stories and leave a "Like" to vote for it. The voting will end at the end of November so you have plenty of time.

Till next time, have a nice day and good reading.

Play: Oooo, what's that thing do!?
Me: It's called a Pencil. You write and draw things with it on a paper.
Play: Oh! oh! How about that!
Me: It's called a Scissors. You cut things with it like paper or cardboard. How about you? What do you have there?
Play: It's a little flashlight the Doctor gave me. (She points it at my computer and started making a little buzzing sound. My computer screen explodes) Or... something else. (She chuckles nervously and ran out my room)