• Published 15th Jun 2013
  • 3,553 Views, 75 Comments

Lost - Cyanjames2819



A new creature is loose in Equestria, and the Princess of the Night must figure out what it is before anything happens. Fluttershy is now missing from Ponyville and Luna fears the worst for the timid little pony.

  • ...
13
 75
 3,553

Chapter 20: The Hunt

Playtime rested beside her mother on the bed, waiting for her to wake. Fluttershy was almost all bandaged up, an IV applying liquids into her body, her right eye purple, the tip of her left ear having a small, healed tear and both her wings wrapped in bandages.

Playtime then rested her head beside the mare's side, listening to her slow breathing and the constant beeping of the machine on the other side of the bed.

Outside the room were the rest of the five Elements of Harmony, looking in through the small window door, plus Spike, piling on top of each other.

Rarity hopped off, "Poor little Playtime. She almost lost everything." she sat down with a light thud, "I can't imagine what she thought when she saw Fluttershy like that." She then frowned, "And where in Equestria did Nebula go!? He was supposed to keep the two safe!"

Twilight went up to her, "Rarity, quiet down. You don't want Playtime to hear you." she said in a hushed tone, then sat down beside her, "Something happened to Nebula while he fought off the wolves."

"Yeah," Spike jumped off of Pinkie's head and onto the floor in front of Rarity, "the guy changed almost like a Changeling."

"What did he look like?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Well. His coat was gone and replaced with a scaly one. All black, grew another set of horns, his wings were like a bat, he had that arrow head at the tip of his tail and his eyes turned purple." Twilight answered and felt a shiver going down her spine, "He looked so... angry and... hurt. Right after he took care of the wolves, he teleported away with a loud roar."

"What happened to Fluttershy, then?" Rarity asked.

Applejack sighed, "Only, Playtime knows that, sugar-cube."

Back in the room, Playtime gently scooted a little closer to her mother and laid her head to hear her mother's breathing. After a while, she yawned and slowly started closing her eyes, feeling tired. She then closed her eyes, surrendering to the Sandmare's magical sands.

The little group outside looked back in, through the small window and saw the little filly resting beside Fluttershy, her little body slowly rising and falling.

"I... I think she's asleep." Twilight said, standing on top of Rainbow Dash.

"Let her be then. She went through a lot." Rarity said, still looking at the filly. She was standing on Applejack to the right side of the group.

"A party won't bring back that little smile of hers." Pinkie said, resting on top of Twilight and Rarity.

"I can't see!" Spike jumped up and down to try and take a peek into the room, but all he saw their big flanks and tails.

"Ehm." the five collapsed on the floor and into a little pile of ponies. Twilight looked up and saw both Princesses looking down at them, a line of ponies bowing down at their wake.

"Princess!" Twilight quickly stood up at attention, accidently bumping Spike with her flank and made him fall with a grunt.

Celestia then used her magic to put the dazed ponies back on their hooves, plus Spike. She mentally counted them and saw Fluttershy was missing, "Are you all okay?" she asked the little group and they all nodded, but Rarity was still looking in the room. "Miss Rarity?" she snapped the mare back to reality.

"Oh, um, yes, I am fine, Princess." she answered back with a light blush.

Celestia looked in the room and saw Fluttershy and Playtime in the room alone. She looked around and saw a doctor going towards them with a clipboard levitating in front of his face. "Excuse me, Doctor." she said to the colt with a lab coat.

"Hm?" he stopped, but kept his gaze on his papers.

"Is it okay if we go in to check on Miss Fluttershy?" she asked him.

The Doctor looked in through the window for a moment without looking at the Princesses, "I guess it is fine, but not for too long." he returned his gaze back to his paper work.

"Thank you, Doctor." Celestia thanked him and he just nodded in response and left them.

Celestia gently opened the door and went in, the others following her in and Spike closed the door behind them. Luna tried to lean over to the mare and the filly to get a better look, but was stopped by an unknown force. She tried it again, but was pushed back to her hunches. "What is this?" she asked her sister.

Celestia got to the side of the bed and reached out with her fore hoof and was stopped by some sort of a bubbly force field, "I don't know." She then tried pocking it with her horn, but nothing proved effective.

After a moment of trying to break it, Rarity spotted Playtime's Cutie Mark glowing; "Playtime created the bubble." she got closer and pointed at the filly's glowing Cutie Mark, "See?"

Celestia raised an eyebrow in interest, "She's a special little filly, I know that the first time I saw her, but I never thought she could have done this." she tried to get a closer look. She then spotted a little bit of light shining through the fillies closed eyes, her little tears sparkling, “Here eyes as well?”

Rarity sat down, looking at the filly, "She's afraid of losing her as well." she heaved a heavy sigh, "Doing something only full grown ponies should do... It seems like the opposite is happening to this little family…"

Luna looked at the little group, "Have any of you seen Nebula yet?" she asked.

The five looked at one another to see if any of them did. Twilight looked at Luna, "Well... not exactly, Luna."

Fluttershy moaned and turned her head to the side. Everyone went silent as they watched the mare stir and shift.

Fluttershy then felt her body resting on a bed, her little girl's warm body resting beside her, but felt a little too exposed. Where was that warm wing and body keeping her and her little girl safe and warm?

She blinked a couple of times tiredly and looked from side to side with half closed eyes. "Where... am... where am I?" she said silently. She breathed in deep, but stopped immediately as she winced at the sharp, stabbing pain on her side.

"Take it easy, Fluttershy." she heard.

She cracked open her eyes and saw her friends surrounding her, the two Princesses as well. She then felt the little warm bundle move closer to her on her side. She looked down and saw her little girl sleeping soundly, her Cutie Mark lightly glowing. She smiled, took out her hoof and pulled the filly a little closer to her.

"Are ya okay, sugar-cube?" Applejack asked her friend.

Fluttershy looked around the room, "Where's Nebula?" she then asked.

Everyone went silent and looked at one another to bring the news. "Ah... we... can't find him, Fluttershy." Twilight spoke up, her ears pulled back, somewhat retracted her head back as well and tilted her face to the floor.

Fluttershy chuckled lightly, "Th-that's funny, girls." she started looking around the room with a sly smile, expecting Nebula to pop out somewhere. "Now where is he? Nebula?" she continued to look.

Everyone just looked down to their hooves, Celestia as well, but Luna was looking to the side, away from the familiar faces. Fluttershy looked at each one, her smile slowly fading away with each passing glance, "Where... where's Nebula?" she asked, realizing her friends weren't lying or playing a little prank on her.

"He, ah... I and Spike probably saw him last." Twilight spoke, "When the wolves attacked, he showed up to help us, but then... he... changed." Fluttershy then remember the beating of the lifetime and closed her eyes to push the memory back. "His coat turned scaly, black as night... his wings to bat wings, he grew another set of horns, and his eyes turned purple with dagger like pupils." she continued, "After he changed, he took care of the wolves by himself in anger like he was in a hurry. After that, he teleported away with a loud roar." she finished.

Fluttershy cracked open her eyes and looked down at Playtime sleeping away beside her, her Cutie Mark still dimly glowing. She then looked at herself to see she was covered in bandages and felt the IV needle in her fore hoof and couldn't fully open one of her eye.

"Fluttershy?" she looked at her friend Rarity to her right. "Are you okay, darling?" she asked, worried.

Fluttershy then shifted around to sit up on her bed, accidentally waking Playtime in the process.

Playtime jerked her body, startled by the sudden movement and looked around to see what caused her to wake with half closed eyes. She looked at her mother and saw she was looking down at her.

Fluttershy made a sly smile, "Hello, Playtime..." she greeted the now awake little filly, "Sleep well?" she asked with a wider smile.

Playtime quickly crawled closer to her and hugged Fluttershy's waist tightly, "Mommy!" little tears started to form with a happy smile.

Fluttershy wrapped her hooves around the filly, "There, there... It's okay, sweetie... mommy's hear." she comforted her little filly and pulled her a little closer.

As they hugged, the invisible force disappeared, and Playtime's Cutie mark glowed brighter, causing everyone in the room to feel a sudden wave of happiness, if not, everyone in the building felt it.

Fluttershy kissed the filly's forehead and hugged her, "Please don't leave me again, Mommy." Playtime sniffled and hugged her tighter, in fear of losing her again.

"I'm so sorry, sweetie. I won't." she answered.

After some bonding, Playtime got herself comfortable on her mother and rested with a smile. Fluttershy caressed her grey mane with a sly smile.

"So... if you don't mind, Fluttershy," Celestia spoke up, "Do you remember who... harmed you?" she asked.

Fluttershy started pondering, looking up at the ceiling, "Well... it was this mare with a hood. She pinned me down and..." she winced and shook her head, "But I can't remember the rest."

"Well... how about Playtime?" she asked once more and looked at the resting filly.

Fluttershy looked down at the filly, "Playtime." she said and the filly looked up at her, "Can you tell us what happened after when mommy got hurt?" she asked hopefully.

Playtime sat up, trying to remember what exactly happened, "Um... When the bad pony magic up this sharp thingy, she said something, but then a scary dragon picked up and threw her on a tree. Then it grabbed the scary wolf and took it apart. I saw the bad pony getting up... she looked hurt and blood started coming out her nose and mouth. The scary dragon went after her but the bad pony turned into a cloud and went away." she then sniffled, "I went over to mommy to see if she was alright..." her lips started to quiver and sniffled once more.

"That's good enough, sweetie." Fluttershy hugged her and caressed her mane.

Playtime hugged her back; "I was so scared." she said and started whimpering on her mother's soft coat.

Luna leaned over to the two, "Thank you, Playtime. We'll find your father." Playtime looked at her with teary eyes. Luna reached out with her wing and wiped her tears away with the tip of her feathers.

In the Everfree forest, was the fleeing mare. She breathed heavily as she galloped through the forest. She concentrated on her wounded sides, but failed, "Why can't I heal!?" she shouted to herself, then she heard a loud roar behind her.

She summoned up a pack of wolves to take care of her attacker. After some distance, there was a loud explosion and a bright flash of light. She started to fear of losing her life and what her attacker will do to her. "The... 'Cough!'" she coughed out her own blood, "The worst plan I ever made!" she said to herself and mentally bucked herself.

She then ran into a wall of rock filled with vines and moss. She looked back and heard the creature crashing through the forest, getting louder every second. She then concentrated hard and teleported herself away. She reappeared at the top of the cliff and shook her head. She looked at the edge and slowly walked over, still hearing the creature crashing through the forest.

She got to the edge and saw the trees shaking and moving towards the cliff face. The creature appears out of the forest and looked around for its prey.

The mare then accidentally slipped one of her fore hoof over the edge, causing a piece of rock to fall off. "Buck!" she silently cursed to herself. The piece of rock fell beside her attacker.

The black Dragon looked up the cliff face and saw his target. He growled and shot a fireball towards the mare.

The flaming ball of cyan fire swiftly darted through the air. The mare quickly got up to her hooves, but the fireball hit the edge of the cliff, blowing up on contact. She flew through the air and landed hard on her side, wincing in pain.

Nebula started climbing up the cliff wall, digging his claws into the solid rock like a knife on butter. The mare slowly got up to her hooves, pain flooding every part of her body. She then heard a crunching sound of the rocks and looked towards the cliff's edge to see her attacker glaring at her, baring its teeth.

She summoned up packs of wolves around and ahead of her. Nebula got up, his bat wings spread out, "You will pay for what you have done to my treasured mistress!" he yelled and started charging towards her.

"Attack!" she ordered her minions.

Nebula rammed through the wolves like a high speed train. Before he could reach the mare, his hind legs were bitten, stopping him from going any further. The mare turned around and started galloping away, blood still oozing out.

Nebula watched as his target getting away with a trail of bloody hoof prints. He kicked off the wolves on his hind legs in frustration, breathed in and then blew super heat fire at the wolves.

After that, the ground turned to molten glass, red hot from Nebula's fire. He started walking through the glassed ground, each step sticky like a bee's honey. "You will pay." he said, looking towards where she ran off. He spread his wings and with one power down stroke, he got to the air and flew.

Author's Note:

That was pretty okay chapter I guess, but I hope you liked it.
On YouTube, I'm making "How to Draw Tutorial: MLP" videos. They're not professionally done, but check them out and follow along if you want.

Part 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x76XPuW6ayU

Part 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH5eJkBxm40

I hope you have a nice day and till next time, good reading.

Me: Er... sorry about... ah... (I sat on my chair, feeling uncomfortable and nervous.)
Shy: Oh, it's okay, honestly. (Fluttershy's body was all bandaged and smiling happily at me, but behind her was a terrifying new Nebula, bearing his teeth at me angrily, a bleeding mare or the new Nightmare Moon glaring daggers at me, the mane six clearly disapproving and Playtime just snoozing away on Fluttershy's back)