• Published 2nd Jun 2013
  • 3,895 Views, 90 Comments

My Littlest Pet Shop: Escape from Equestria - Drizzle Quill



I'm not sure how we got here, really. I remember a lot of flashing colors, and then here we were: NOT Littlest Pet Shop. We've been having a chaotic time. No time to explain-the pets are being tracked down and it might be my fault.~Blythe B

  • ...
8
 90
 3,895

Chapter Seven: Fashion Designers at Work

My Littlest Pet Shop: Escape from Equestria

By Drizzle Quill
With much help from nyc2dragon

Chapter Seven
Fashion Designers at Work

Blythe was having trouble containing her excitement.

For the first time she was actually feeling safe in this strange new world, where she was a new kind of creature entirely, surrounded by candy-colored horses with magical powers. At least she still could do her special talent.

Designing and making clothes.

Apparently she wasn’t alone in liking it – and now she was hard at work.

Rarity was having her help with many things; first, she had to measure out the length for the new dress, made for small fillies, apparently. Then Blythe had to pick out matching colors of fabric and thread for the dress, and put it all in the sewing machine.

She was a whole lot more at home, and a whole lot happier. The only downside was that it was hard trying to work a sewing machine with hooves.

“Bly-ythe, dear,” the white unicorn called as she worked with a sewing machine, several pieces of fabric hovering around her. “Could you be a darling and fetch me that mannequin?”

The blue pegasus stopped measuring her lavender fabric and saluted. “On it!” With a few flaps of her freshly-made wings, she soared across the room and grasped the said mannequin, flapping back over to Rarity, who nodded in approval, her eyes looking at it through a pair of red-rimmed glasses.

“Ah, this gown shall be the crème de la crème when it goes viral in Canterlot, no?” the white unicorn said merrily as she levitated her newly sewn dress onto the white pony-shaped figure. It was a deep azure, matching Rarity’s eyes perfectly, and it was woven with small designs of silver spirals and swirls.

Blythe nodded. “That’s a beauty,” she agreed cheerily. “What do you think of mine?” The pegasus lifted a lavender gown with golden stars lining the edges and a long tail that curled at the end.

The unicorn’s eyes went wide. “That…that is simply gorgeous!” she squealed. “And you made it for a filly…how perfect! My little model can test it for us!”

Blythe wasn’t quite sure she had heard her right. “Your…model?”

“Oh, yes,” Rarity nodded as she continued to activate her sewing machine by use of her pale blue magic. “She’s actually my sister, but she’s such a dear that she’d love to try on your gorgeous dress.”

The pegasus shrugged. “If it’s okay with her, I would like to see somepony actually wearing it…”

“SWEETIE BELLE!!!” Rarity yelled loudly.

For a moment, the words echoed around the large open space, dispersing and sounding as if it was some sort of haunting melody from a horror movie. Blythe would know—Pepper had accidentally convinced her to watch one once, and it hadn’t been a very fun experience.

A few seconds passed, and for a minute the pegasus worried Rarity had gone slightly crazy, thinking there was another in the house. But then one word, in a high-pitched, almost squeaky tone, bounced back at them.

“WHAT?”

The unicorn grinned and winked at Blythe, revealing her ice blue eye-shadow. “CAN YOU COME HERE? A FRIEND OF MINE WANTS YOU TO TRY ON HER OUTFIT!”

“COMING!” the voice replied.

About a minute later, a small white filly with the same unicorn horn as Rarity and a cotton-candy style mane and tale scampered into the room, her green eyes filled with pleasure. “I’m here, big sis! And…oh my gosh, look at that cute little puppy dog!”

An indignant yelp followed as Zoe was promptly scooped out of her resting spot next to Rarity’s cat, Opal, where she had been snoozing, along with all of the other pets, who didn’t have as much endurance as the older creatures and had been very tired, save Minka, who had already gotten permission from Blythe to go back to Pinkie Pie’s residence, Sugarcube Corner.

The little filly, who Blythe assumed was Sweetie Belle, rubbed her cheek against Zoe’s. “Where did you find her, Rarity?” Her voice cracked a little when she talked fast, and Blythe thought it was kind of cute. “Is she ours? Can we keep her, can we, can we, can we?”

Rarity stifled a laugh and sighed, putting on her “no-nonsense” face again. “No, we can’t. She belongs to my friend Blythe over there. Blythe, this is Sweetie, Sweetie, Blythe. Now that the introductions have been made—” the designer’s eyes lit up as she said the next phrase, “—let’s have you try on the dress!”

“Wait, what dress?” Sweetie asked, dropping Zoe, who landed on the floor with a loud thud and another yelp.

“Why, this one, of course!” Rarity levitated said dress in front of her younger sister, whose eyes began to sparkle.

“It’s so beautiful!” the filly murmured, reaching out to stroke one pure white hoof along the lavender fabric. “Can I try it on now, can I, can I, can I?” Every time she said the letter “I” her voice went up another octave, and Blythe tried to stifle a laugh.

“Of course you can,” the pegasus said before Rarity could get a word in. “It’s lovely to meet you, Sweetie Belle. You can change right over there.” Blythe nodded at a curtain in the corner, and the filly eagerly snatched the dress with her teeth and darted off, mumbling something that sounded like “Cuphmie Mark Cuphmsaders Dress Mopdelers!”

Rarity sighed and rolled her eyes. “She’s always been an excited little filly, that one.”

Blythe walked over to a new piece of fabric and took it off, smiling at the unicorn. “I think she’s cute.”

“Cute is one way to describe her,” the unicorn sighed, rolling her azure eyes. “Dangerous and crazy is the other. You should have been here when she sold my secret diary and placed it in a school newspaper—”

Two things then happened at once.

The door to the shop burst open, and Twilight, Rainbow, Fluttershy, and Applejack burst in. Fluttershy’s expression was horrified; Rainbow looked like she was about to squish something; Applejack just looked nervous. Blythe thought Twilight’s expression was the queerest of all, though – her eyes were puffy and red, as if she had just been crying.

At that same moment, Sweetie Belle jumped out from behind the curtain, showing off the lavender and gold dress with extreme excitement. “Big sis, big si—what’s going on?”

“Twilight just told us some very interesting news,” Rainbow grunted, glaring at Blythe accusingly.

Immediately the pegasus knew what had happened. She whipped around and turned on Twilight. “Twi, what did you do! I told you you couldn’t tell them, remember?”

“I told them not to tell anyone! I’m so, so sorry…they won’t tell, I promise,” the lavender unicorn choked out the words.

Rage filled Blythe’s mind. “You…I thought I could trust you! What happened?”

Twilight said nothing more, tears flooding the corners of her violet eyes as Blythe whipped around to face Rainbow. “And as for you…what’s wrong with being dragged here? It’s not like it was our fault!”

“But you’re still like, a whole different breed! How do we know that you’re not a spy?” the rainbow-maned pegasus shot back, zipping up to Blythe and going nose-to-nose with her, still flapping in the air.

“Rainbow, Blythe, please don’t fight,” came the tentative voice of Fluttershy from the background, but no one could hear her over the commotion.

“Why would I even want to spy on a place like this one?” Blythe howled back. She had never felt so riled up before, except maybe when her dad wished to spend too much time with her, and she had kind of snapped.

“Because we know things!” Rainbow shot back at her. “We know things beyond your wildest drea—”

“EVERYPONY STOP!”

Fluttershy stood in the middle of Carousel Boutique, glaring at them all with angry teal colored eyes. “Why should we all be fighting? Blythe is very nice, and you know that, Dashie!” The yellow pegasus looked so upset that tears were starting to come to her eyes. “Blythe will obviously have to stay here a little bit longer before Twilight can figure out how to send her back, and do you really have a problem with that? Right now, she’s a pony just like us! So just QUIT IT!”

Blythe sighed and nodded, although rage still bubbled inside of her. Rainbow alighted on the ground and muttered something under her breath like, “For you, I guess,” which didn’t make sense to the girl-turned-pony, but she didn’t care about it now.

“Twilight,” she murmured to the still-crying unicorn. “I guess I can understand your concern. But I trusted you, you know. I trusted you.”

Twilight sniffled and continued to sob. Rarity slowly levitated a handkerchief over, and the lavender unicorn took it, wiping her eyes.

An awkward silence hung in the air for a few minutes. Each pony avoided looking at the other, and the pets, who had watched the whole exchange silently, were whispering, but Blythe couldn’t hear what they were saying.

Finally the silence was broken by Sweetie Belle, who piped up in her cute little high-pitched voice.

“Sooooo…how do I look?”

Author's Note:

Sweetie Belle is best Cutie Mark Crusader. 'nuff said.