• Published 2nd Jun 2013
  • 3,879 Views, 90 Comments

My Littlest Pet Shop: Escape from Equestria - Drizzle Quill



I'm not sure how we got here, really. I remember a lot of flashing colors, and then here we were: NOT Littlest Pet Shop. We've been having a chaotic time. No time to explain-the pets are being tracked down and it might be my fault.~Blythe B

  • ...
8
 90
 3,879

Chapter One: Where, What, Why?

My Littlest Pet Shop: Escape from Equestria

By Drizzle Quill
With much help from nyc2dragon

Chapter One
Where, What, Why?

________________________________________

When Blythe opened her eyes warily, at first the shimmering magical colors that had overwhelmed her and the pets remained, dancing in front of her eyes playfully, teasingly, tantalizingly out of reach. But slowly these colors folded backwards to reveal a lush, green meadow dotted with multi-colored wildflowers.

A blue sky filled with oddly twisted clouds danced above her head, dotted with occasional looping birds. The breeze smelled good, like baking pastries, and excited chatter filled the air, although who was talking Blythe couldn’t figure out.

Upon looking at her feet she saw sprawled out in different directions all around her the seven Littlest Pet Shop pets, all looking dazed, tired, and as confused as she felt.

“W-where are we?” groaned Vinnie, twisting around and peering out around them like it was some kind of scientific lab.

“I don’t know,” answered Blythe, getting shakily to her feet. “Sure doesn’t look like Downtown City, that’s for sure.”

“That’s an understatement.” That was Zoe, pawing at the ground with one delicate little purple furred paw. “This is nowhere near any of the cities I’ve ever known! I’m entered in dog shows all around Downtown City, and even in outside cities—of course, I’ve won them all—”

“No need to brag, Zo,” Pepper cut in, an annoyed look on the skunk’s face.

Zoe looked momentarily flustered, and then sighed. “Well, as I was getting to,” she muttered through clenched teeth, “I’ve not seen anywhere quite like this…” The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, who was usually quite cool, calm, and content in dangerous situations, actually looked nerved and worried. Blythe pitied her and almost reached out to cuddle Zoe into her arms, but knew that the little dog would never stand to be hugged in public.

A sudden screech from Sunil, the almost-always-nervous mongoose, startled everyone into staring at him, seeing what the commotion was about. The blue banded magician was pointing nervously at a village that had been right behind them this whole time.

“Yeah, a town,” Penny the panda said, rolling her blue-grey eyes. “We’ve all seen plenty of those before, Sunil.”

“No, no, no!” The mongoose was visibly shaking, his amber eyes wide as he squeaked in his heavy Indian accent. “T-those are not people!” Now Sunil was pointing at something specific, Blythe noticed, not actually the village, but the things she had originally thought were just far off people.

But now she noticed they weren’t.

“What the what?” she managed to croak out as all seven pets gathered around her, staring anxiously and nervously at the creatures wandering the village.

They appeared to be large horses, maybe three and a half feet tall, give or take a few inches, with plush, candy-colored fur, and long, multi-colored manes and tails. A few had large horns spurting out of the top of their heads, and others had wings coming out of their sides. Some had no wings or horns, but looked like average candy-colored horses.

“What are those things?” Vinnie asked, crawling up onto Penny’s head, seemingly to get a better view. The panda’s ear twitched, but she didn’t push him off.

“Horses, of some kind?” Pepper asked nervously. Zoe nodded in agreement.

“But why do some have horn—oh.” When Blythe realized what the creatures were, she couldn’t quite believe it herself. But it had to be true. There was no other possibility that made sense—not like this one did. “Unicorns.”

“Unicorns?” Russell spoke for the first time, snorting with laughter. “Come on, Blythe, be reasonable! We must have just hit our heads really hard and this is all some super complex dream—”

“Unicorns?!” Minka interrupted, her light blue eyes lighting up with glee. “And those winged ones…pegasusususus…pegasi? Like in those old stories you told us, Blythe!” The spider monkey wrapped her long tail around her human friend’s arm and pulled herself up, scampering along the girl’s shoulders and squealing, “Isn’t this fun? One big huge adventure!”

“No, Minka, it’s not fun!” Russell yelled, but no one appeared to be listening to him. “Either this is all a terrible dream—but if it’s not, how are we going to get back to LPS—”

“AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!”

Sunil had screamed once again. Pepper rolled her eyes and poked him once with her long, fluffy tail. “Geez, Sunil, why so jumpy today? We’re a long way away from any of those horse things, and they won’t be able to find us out here…”

“No, no, no, please don’t eat me…” the mongoose mumbled, clutching his tail and twisting it back and forth, his eyes fixed on something looming up behind the skunk. Pepper blinked in confusion.

“Why would I eat…?” She trailed off as she noticed the shadow stretching over her, and leaned over backwards. Rose-colored eyes hit violet ones, and Pepper shrieked, darting over to huddle beside Blythe. The girl grabbed the skunk close and stared at the creature that had just made its appearance.

It was another one of the horses, with lavender colored fur, a navy blue, pink, and purple mane and tail, and one of the large horns seemingly growing out of its head. On closer inspection, Blythe could infer that it was female, from the seemingly feminine shape of its body, not like the bulkier stallions she had observed from afar.

“Oh. My. Gosh,” the horse—unicorn?—squealed in a disbelieving tone. “I knew that we were picking up weird signals from around this area, but I would never imagine anything like this! Oooh, everypony is going to love this—a major discovery in the land of science! And the books! The books I could write on this topic alone—”

“Excuse me?” Zoe burst in. “Could you tell me where we a—oh my goodness.”

Blythe looked down at the little dog in confusion. She was about to ask what was wrong, but then she saw it. The horse had almost the exact same color scheme as Zoe, minus the dog’s decorative black beret, which was always perched on her head.

The unicorn leaned down until she was eye to eye with Zo. “You are so cute,” she said, delighted excitement creeping into her voice. “I have to take you all back to the library to study.”

“Hey,” Blythe interrupted, standing up until she was taller than the unicorn, who blinked her violet eyes in surprise. “No one’s studying me and my friends until you tell me where we are and who you are.”

“Well, that’s easy! You’re in Equestria, home of the unicorns—” The horse tapped the purple horn on her head and grinned, “—the Pegasi, and the Earth Ponies. My name is Twilight Sparkle, and it’s a pleasure to meet you, Miss…”

“Blythe.” The girl’s voice was steely, unsure if she should yet trust this so-called ‘Twilight Sparkle.’ “Blythe Baxter.”

“A pleasure to meet you, Miss Blythe,” Twilight dipped her head and then, out of the blue, clapped her hooves together. “Oh, this will be so, so wonderful! You—” she dipped her head at Blythe respectively, “are supposed to just be one of Celestia’s legends. And all of your little friends can talk—that’s incredible!”

“Wait,” Russell interrupted. “You can understand us? I have so many questions—”

“As do I!” Twilight burst in, looking warily over her shoulder. “But we can’t stay here. Let me take you back to the library.”

“I am not going through that town,” Sunil protested, but the unicorn only laughed as a pinkish-purple light emitted from her horn, sparking and flickering next to the girl and her seven friends. Blythe wanted to ask what she was doing, but before she knew it, there was a flash of purple light and, for the second time in less than an hour, the world went black.

________________________________________

In the shadows of the Everfree forest, a dark creature snickered as it watched the pony and eight newcomers disappear in a flash of purple-pink light. This would be too fun.

'But you have to wait,' it told itself sternly, melting back into the shadows again. 'But you have to wait until the perfect time to strike…'