• Published 2nd Jun 2013
  • 3,860 Views, 90 Comments

My Littlest Pet Shop: Escape from Equestria - Drizzle Quill



I'm not sure how we got here, really. I remember a lot of flashing colors, and then here we were: NOT Littlest Pet Shop. We've been having a chaotic time. No time to explain-the pets are being tracked down and it might be my fault.~Blythe B

  • ...
8
 90
 3,860

Chapter Six: Guilty

My Littlest Pet Shop: Escape from Equestria

By Drizzle Quill
With much help from nyc2dragon

Chapter Six
Guilty

Twilight was nervous.

Blythe had already been cheeky and somewhat rude when she’d one-upped her earlier in the library, but all of her friends (so far, anyways) seemed to think she was a great pony. If only they knew the truth…

…oh, Celestia. She hadn’t told her friends the truth.

A feeling of something she couldn’t quite place a hoof on crept into the lavender unicorn’s stomach and she sighed, letting the other pass her as she dropped her head. She was a better pony than this. She couldn’t keep such a secret from them.

But what will they do if they know the truth? Twilight wondered silently, her mind racing. Will they be scared of Blythe, not accept her in as a normal pony? I need them to work with her if I’m going to figure out how to send her and the pets home.

“Twilight?” Fluttershy called tentatively from about ten feet away. “Are you coming?”

“Yep, just give me a little time to catch my breath,” she yelled back, not really panting at all, though the Pegasus seemed to buy it, as she simply smiled and flew off to catch up with her rainbow-maned companion.

Her pure innocence, not seeing how much Twilight was hiding from her, made the sick feeling in the unicorn’s stomach multiply times 3,567,921.7. She could tell.

And now she could finally trace what that sick feeling was.

Twilight sighed and started running to catch up with Blythe, the pets, and her two friends.

It was guilt.

________________________________________

“Twilight?”

Blythe’s voice was so full of concern that the lavender unicorn stopped walking and turned around to face her. When looked at questioningly by the two hovering Pegasi, Twilight gestured for them to go on. “We’ll meet you there,” she yelled.

Rainbow Dash nodded and zipped ahead; Fluttershy let out a tiny squeak as she flapped her wings in earnest, trying to keep up with her faster friend.

“Now, Blythe,” Twilight said. “What’s up?”

The Pegasus sighed and looked at the ground. “Will you please not tell any of your friends where I come from? I know they’re completely trustworthy and you would trust your life to them, but I don’t know them yet. Can I please make the decision of when they get to know? I think it would be better that way. Russell certainly would agree with me.”

The feeling of guilt began to throb in the unicorn’s stomach; panicked, she smiled. “Of course I won’t tell them! I will respect your comfortableness, I promise.”

“Thanks, Twilight.” Before Blythe walked away, she smiled and said, “I could tell I could count on you.”

The guilt was pounding now, but all the unicorn did was smile as she trotted after them.

________________________________________

Sweet Apple Acres was as beautiful as a muddy apple farm could be during the summer. The air smelled of fresh apple cider (which made Twilight’s mouth water at the thought of it) and the still air was split by the sound of hooves thudding against trees, and the loud yell of a farm-pony’s heavy Southern accent.

“Yee-haw!”

THUD!

The sound of several apples falling into their respective baskets pierced the air, along with the excited chatter of a pink Earth Pony and the melodramatic, drawling voice of a white unicorn. Seeing her other friends made Twilight calm down a little, but it didn’t stop the guilt from collecting in her stomach.

“Hey, girls!” she called out cheerfully; they blinked and looked over in her direction. The pink pony that Twilight had known as Pinkie Pie grinned and bounced over in her usual way, instead of walking like most ponies normally did.

“Hey, Twi! Who’re your new buddies? Wait, if I don’t know them then nopony else knows them which means I need to meet them and OH MY GOSH I HAVE TO THROW A PARTY AND THIS IS GONNA BE GREA—”

“I’m glad to see you too, Pinkie,” the unicorn interrupted, smiling sheepishly as she cut the pink Earth Pony off. “And these are my new friends, Blythe and her pets, um…Zoe, Penny…Vinnie? Pepsi…?”

The skunk huffed in annoyance. “Pepper, thank you very much.”

Pinkie’s eyes widened. “THEY CAN TALK!” she shrieked in excitement. “OHMYGOSHOHMYGOSHOHMY—”

“Pinkie Pie!” cut in the stern, Southerly accent of the pony Twilight knew as Applejack. Said Applejack trotted over and stuffed her hoof over the other Earth Pony’s mouth. Turning to face the stunned Blythe and the seven pets, she apologized, saying, “Ah’m a mite sorry about Pinkie here. She can get a little…overexcited at times.”

Blythe shrugged, but Twilight saw that her eyes had momentarily gone wide and distracted. She didn’t know why, but this almost made her want to laugh. Great job, Pinkie. You can show her that Equestria isn’t all butterflies and rainbows.

Then she looked up at the two pegasi fluttering above her, and the unicorn burst out laughing. Well, in some cases it is.

“Twilight, darling? What’s so funny? I don’t seem to get the joke.” That was Rarity, the white unicorn trotting up, flipping her mane backwards, and looking at Twilight with not amused sapphire colored eyes.

“Nothing,” Twi answered, still grinning despite herself. “It’s nothing, really.” Still snickering, however, she turned to face the pets. “Okay, girl—guys,” she started, remembering that not all of the pets were female at the last moment, “this is Pinkie Pie, that’s Applejack, and this is Rarity. They’re my other best friends.”

Applejack took her hoof down from Pinkie’s mouth and grinned, extending it to the shocked pets and Blythe. “Pleasure to meet y’all,” she grinned. “I reckon, where do you come from?”

“A country far away that is not Equestria,” Blythe immediately responded, and Twilight couldn’t stop the guilt from snowballing inside of her until she felt for sure that it was actually wearing her down. How can I not tell my very best friends?

“Ohmygoshweshouldthrowyouabigpartyandallofyourlittlepetstoo!!!” Pinkie squealed, bouncing around Blythe with an expression of pure glee on her face. “See, there haven’t been any new ponies in Ponyville since Cranky came, and so I’ve thrown a party for everything but it just hasn’t been enough, and I can’t wait to—”

“PINKIE!” the other ponies yelled at the same time (except for Fluttershy, who let out a soft, “Um…Pinkie?”), glaring at their pink companion. She giggled and shrunk backwards, hiding behind the group of pets; in turn the monkey, whose name Twilight couldn’t remember at the moment, snickered and said, “Hi, Pinkie! I’m Minka, nice to meet you!”

“Hi, Minky Monkey Minka!” chirped the pink Earth Pony. “How are you today with the sun shining and the birds chirping and…”

“It’s probably best to ignore her now,” Rarity cut in as the pink Earth Pony continued to mindlessly babble, her eyes sparkling as she leapt around the uncontrollable monkey.

“Yuuup,” said Blythe, watching them as well. “Minks too.”

The white unicorn turned to face the brown-maned Pegasus, a weary smile upon her face. “Well, Blythe, it’s a pleasure to meet you. I hope that you have a wonderful time staying here in Ponyville. I say, what do you like to do in your free time? Perhaps we can direct you to a place where you can practice your special talent…?”

“Oh,” the blue Pegasus stammered, clearly surprised at being spoken to so boldly. Twilight resisted a chuckle; that was Rarity for her. “Well, I like to design clothes…”

In an instant Rainbow Dash alighted beside Applejack and rolled her eyes. The lavender unicorn was just close enough to hear what the rainbow maned pony whispered. “Oh great…Rarity’s going to have a blast.”

Indeed, right away, Rarity’s eyes had widened. “You mean…you’re a fashion designer too?” she squealed, her blue eyes brimming with delight. “Oh, how wonderful this will be! You can come and stay with me at the Carousel Boutique!”

“The what in the what now?” Blythe asked, confusion in her tone. Somehow, the voice in which she said these words sounded familiar to Twilight, but she couldn’t quite place where she had heard somepony talk just like that.

The violet maned unicorn squealed, wrapping one hoof across Blythe’s shoulders and turning her around so that they were walking back towards Ponyville. “Well, it’s like this…”

Pinkie and Minka bounced along next to them, giggling about who-knows-what and Twilight found herself rolling her eyes as the rest of the pets chased after their friends, as if they couldn’t be separated for more than five seconds.

“I wonder where that place is that Blythe is from,” Applejack muttered, breaking into her thoughts. “I’ve not heard of a place outside of Equestria’s boundaries, except for Granny’s filly-tales, but then again, those were just filly-tales...Twi? Are you okay?”

The reason she had said those last words was because the unicorn had sighed and looked at the ground, a tear forming in the corner of one of her eyes. Closing them, she sighed and gritted her teeth.

Oh, girls! I have to tell you!

But you promised Blythe you wouldn’t!

She doesn’t have to know, does she?

No, she doesn’t!

“Alright,” the unicorn choked out, sighing. “I’ll tell Rare and Pinkie later…but girls?” She looked up at the concerned face of Fluttershy, the confused face of Rainbow Dash, and the steadfast face of Applejack, knowing what she was about to do would betray Blythe’s trust—but how could she not tell them?

A single teardrop fell from the lavender unicorn’s eye as the guilt bubbled inside of her, finally bursting out.

“Well, see…it’s like this...”