• Published 2nd Jun 2013
  • 3,875 Views, 90 Comments

My Littlest Pet Shop: Escape from Equestria - Drizzle Quill



I'm not sure how we got here, really. I remember a lot of flashing colors, and then here we were: NOT Littlest Pet Shop. We've been having a chaotic time. No time to explain-the pets are being tracked down and it might be my fault.~Blythe B

  • ...
8
 90
 3,875

Chapter Eight: Arrangements

My Littlest Pet Shop: Escape from Equestria

By Drizzle117
With much help from nyc2dragon

Chapter Eight
Arrangements

Twilight felt like she could sob so much she’d flood the Boutique.

She had betrayed a friend’s trust, and now Blythe would probably want nothing to do with her. It was awful – the worst thing that had ever happened to her; well, other than the time when they were protecting the Crystal Empire, or were attacked by Nightmare Moon, or…

…forget it. She had betrayed a friend’s trust. Wasn’t that bad enough?

Sweetie Belle’s easy smile lasted a few seconds before she realized that no one was answering, and it began to droop. Her jade green eyes lowered to the ground, and the little filly too, said nothing.

Then the musical chimes of Carousel Boutique reverberated merrily around the whole shop; all of the frozen members instantly flinched at the sudden noise. Excited chatter filled the air of two pink animals that were having a splendid old time.

“And so I said ‘oatmeal? Are you crazy?’ and they all looked at me like I was crazy, and…”

“…so there was the time I was hiding under a bowl with my best-friend-forever pretending I was a tortoise…”

Pinkie Pie merrily bounced through the entrance to the Boutique, her eyes lighting up as she spotted her downcast-looking friends. “Well howdy-do, guys!” she chirped. “Minka and I are just having a beautiful little conversation!”

Pink hands grabbed at the earth pony’s mane, and Minka pulled herself up, grinning from ear to ear. “Isn’t this place great, guys? I just visited a candy shop! A candy shop!”

The monkey’s smile soon faded when she saw the sorrowful looks that her friends were giving her. “…guys? Is something wrong?”

“It’s nothing, Minks.” Blythe spread one of her wings and motioned for the monkey to jump on it. “Just a bit of…trouble, that’s all.” The pegasus’ voice was stiff, flat, and emotionless, devoid of all feelings whatsoever.

Twilight let out a loud sniffle, and looked away, feeling as if her stomach was going to die of emptiness. She hadn’t meant to hurt Blythe’s feelings so badly, and she certainly hadn’t expected Rainbow to act the terrible way she did! It wasn’t her fault, but how could she get Blythe to see that?

Minka leapt, and with one bound, scampered up the teal wing of her once-human friend. “Sooooooo, what amazing-awesomeriffic stuff did I miss while we were gone?” she tweeted, bouncing around Blythe’s shoulders like an out-of-control bouncy ball. On instinct, Pinkie also started to bounce, laughing and cheering as she did so.

No one said anything. No one dared.

Except Rarity.

“Um…Twilight? Fluttershy – Applejack? I feel like I’m missing something here…what exactly were you told?” The white unicorn’s eyes were confused, and she stopped her sewing machine to listen carefully to what she was about to hear.

For a moment you could have heard a pin drop. Then Twilight sighed. “Well, see…Rare, Pinkie…Blythe isn’t actually a pony.”

“Why, whatever are you talking about?” Rarity used her pale blue magic to levitate one of the teal pegasus’ wings and stroked it calmly. “These are the real feathers of pegasi. It is not possible to duplicate them.”

“No,” the lavender unicorn nodded her head slowly. “But…but see, that was my magic. I transformed her from a human girl into an Equestrian pegasus.”

“What’s a human?” piped up Sweetie Belle, trotting over to Blythe and sniffing at one of her feathers curiously, as if it might smell different because of this realization.

“A human,” Twilight said, feeling slightly better as she wiped a lingering tear out of the corner of her eye, “is a tall, tan creature that only has a mane, but no tail, and walks on two legs. They wear clothing all of the time.”

Sweetie’s green eyes looked up at Twilight, wide and confused. “Two legs?” she murmured, like she couldn’t believe it. “Then how do they walk around without falling over all of the time?” The small white filly grabbed onto a nearby mannequin and stumbled onto two legs. She took a few shaky steps forward and tumbled over, yelping as she knocked over one of her sister’s sewing machines, causing Rarity to shriek in panic and stop the chaos with her pale blue magic.

Blythe laughed for the first time in at least ten minutes, and Twilight felt a small smile come on to her face. Maybe it wouldn’t be so bad after all…maybe it was just Rainbow being overly suspicious.

The once-human’s laugh seemed to wake everyone else from their dazed stupor, and they all grinned too. The pets, who had been watching the whole exchange in silence, looked at each other and smiled. Finally Penny Ling stood up, her blue-grey eyes shining.

“Can we all just be friends and respect one another?” she asked quietly.

“I think Blythe is cool! She came from another dimension!” Sweetie Belle chirped merrily, pressing her small body against the teal pegasus’. Blythe looked down at her with surprise in her blue eyes, and then understanding.

“And Rainbow here was bein’ a bit too judgmental,” Applejack snarled, glaring at the rainbow-maned pegasus, who shrugged nervously, an awkward smile on her face.

“It was a fair assumption, right, guys? …right?”

When no one answered, Dash simply looked away, and quickly stammered, “W-well…Twi, how long do you think it’ll take you to tap back into Blythe’s world? I mean, not like it wouldn’t be cool having her around, but…y’know, how long ‘till ponies start getting suspicious of this ‘other world’ she speaks of?”

“You’re right, Rainbow Dash.” Twilight nodded, noting that the often lazy pegasus could make some awfully good points sometimes. “Ponies will get suspicious – if we act like she’s something she’s not. Until I find a way to bring a portal back to her world, Blythe and her animals will have to live among us.”

“You can stay with us at the Boutique, Blythe!” Sweetie chirped, and then anxiously turned to face her older sister. “That’s okay, right?”

“An aspiring designer such as myself? Why, I see it a crime not to let her stay!” Rarity grinned, nuzzling Blythe affectionately, as she did to all of her friends. “Even if she is a…human…she is pleasant, kind, and sweet, and shall fit in amazingly here. But her animals…” The unicorn turned to look at the seven curious pets and stuck out her tongue quickly. “The dog can stay, maybe…she looks as if she has a little taste in fashion. But the others…they’ll have to go.”

“Go?” Blythe’s voice was at a panicked yelp. “But they’re my best friends! I won’t be separated from them!”

“It’s okay, Blythe,” Pepper spoke up from the pets, her rose colored eyes showing compassion. “We’ll just stay with whoever will take us. As long as we know we can trust them, we’ll be okay, right guys?”

There were massive nods all around, and all of the animals smiled at their nervous friend. Even Russell, who appeared to be putting on some sort of a brave face – Twi could tell he had been worried about this place all along.

“I’d like to take at least one of them, if that’s okay with you,” Fluttershy murmured quietly. She glanced at Sunil, smiled, and then looked back at her rainbow maned friend, who was now talking.

“And it’d be cool having someone to hang with other than Tank,” Rainbow nodded, her magenta eyes sweeping the cast of pets. It landed on Pepper, and the pegasus grinned, pointing at the skunk quickly before whipping around to see what her orange earth-pony friend was saying.

“Shucks, y’all are so cute. How can Ah not take one of ya home?” Applejack rubbed Penny under the chin and the panda let out soft noises of appreciation. “Granny, ‘Bloom, Mac, and Winona are gonna love these little guys.”

“It’d be totally awesome-riffic if I got to hang with these little cutie-patooties all the time!” Pinkie cheered, leaping up and down on the spot. Minka cheered and hopped onto her new friend’s shoulders, scampering around excitedly.

“And…and I’d be happy to care for a few of them myself,” Twilight finally spoke, her eyes puffy but a smile upon her face. “I hope that’s okay with you, Blythe?” Her last word hung suspended in the air, waiting to see what the once-human’s reaction would be.

The pegasus bit her lip, obviously contemplating her choices. Finally she let out a long sigh. “It’s fine with me. You’ve proven that you all are nice enough.” The last word was emphasized as Blythe glared at Rainbow, who put on a nervous grin. “I’m putting my complete trust in you six, though.”

“We ain’t the Elements of Harmony for nothin’, sugahcube,” Applejack assured her, placing one hoof over Blythe’s shoulder. “There’s nopony in Ponyville – heck, all of Equestria! – that’s better suited to take care of you and your critters then us ponyfolk.”

The teal pegasus smiled and leaned her head against Applejack’s shoulder. “Okay, then. It’s all good?”

Twilight felt her heart could burst with pride as she grinned. “It’s all good.”

Author's Note:

Next chapter is our OC villain's grand debut!