• Published 2nd Jun 2013
  • 3,860 Views, 90 Comments

My Littlest Pet Shop: Escape from Equestria - Drizzle Quill



I'm not sure how we got here, really. I remember a lot of flashing colors, and then here we were: NOT Littlest Pet Shop. We've been having a chaotic time. No time to explain-the pets are being tracked down and it might be my fault.~Blythe B

  • ...
8
 90
 3,860

Chapter Twelve: The Hunt

My Littlest Pet Shop: Escape from Equestria

By Drizzle Quill
With much help from nyc2dragon

Chapter Twelve
The Hunt

Zelda wished she could get the Biskit twins out of her mane.

For the last few hours she had been forced to put up with their endless drawling, whining, screeching, argh, you name it, they did it. Oh, when will we get home? Oh, when will we see Daddy? Oh, when will we get to a real bathroom?

The last one had been too much. The zebra had simply snapped that they just had to make the best of their situation, and that was that. They hadn’t said anything to her out loud since then. Zelda almost believed that they might be scared of her.

They liked to talk with Biff, though. He didn’t seem to mind how strange they were – it was part of that strange calm personality of his that made her both hate and put up with him. Sometimes they would whisper with each other, sometimes with the mountain goat – whoever they talked to, they always left her out.

And although she hated to admit it, Zelda missed having Biff to talk to.

Sure, for months she had dreamed of ditching him and being on her own, but now that she was experiencing a form of this first-hoof, it was a bit…nerving how much she, the one who always hated company, hated being alone.

Maybe it was because she had never truly been alone before.

Sappy feelings! I’m a cold block of ice…a lone zebra… Zelda shook her mane out and stared at the ground. In the background, Biff laughed at something Whitney had said, and the zebra grimaced.

My emotions are getting in the way of all of this…time to make our move.

“Biskits, Biff,” she barked sharply, not looking up from where she stood. “Come. It’s time to go find this ‘Blythe’ and see if we can get her to…help with our circus, and then with getting you two home.”

________________________________________

“Haha! Okay, Minks, pass the ball this way!”

Thud!

“Oops! Sorry, Blythe! I didn’t mean to hit you…” a high-pitched voice that Zelda had never heard before chirped excitedly and uncontrollably. She could almost picture the speaker bouncing around, up and down.

But that didn’t matter. What mattered was the name she had heard come out of that voice.

Blythe.

Blythe was here, another human to add to the circus. With three humans, ponies would pour in from all corners of Equestria to see the amazing phenomenon…and she and Biff would never have to be begging for help or living in the forest again.

We could have a condo in Canterlot…maybe a flashy mansion in Las Pegasus, with lots of lights all over it…black and white lights, those are always the best kind…

“OH MY, LIKE, GOSH!” Brittany screeched all of a sudden – Zelda whapped her hoof across the girl’s mouth to prevent her from screaming any more. She almost screeched with annoyance herself when Whitney yelled the exact same thing. Biff took care of the black-haired girl, whispering in her ear to be quiet while slowly covering her mouth to prevent the noise.

“What is it?” the zebra hissed.

“T-t-that f-f-flying pony! Th-th-that’s Blythe!” Whitney stammered nervously, biting her lip as if making sure she wasn’t in a dream. “H-how did she get to be a p-pony?”

Zelda peered out behind the bushes to see a sight that sparked her curiosity greatly, though she didn’t show any hint of it in her blue eyes.

A dark blue pegasus with a long brown mane and bright blue eyes laughed while she tossed a ball back and forth with a pink monkey. A dog many different shades of purple sat nearby, rolling her eyes, while a white unicorn with a plum purple mane sat chatting with a pink earth pony with bright blue eyes.

It wasn’t the ponies that interested Zelda, however.

It was the animals.

The monkey had clearly been talking to the darker blue pegasus, and she could hear them, and she could understand them.

Biff stared at her, beady eyes wide, and Zelda knew that he had heard them too. It was amazing. It was spectacular. It was almost better than the humans – almost. The zebra bit her lip to contain her excitement.

Talking animals. Talking animals that aren’t stupid sheep or cows!

The Biskit twins were still staring at the pegasus in obvious horror. Whitney was holding back another screech of horror. “B-B-Blythe, what did they do to you?” she whispered, barely audible.

All of a sudden the monkey spoke again, and Zelda trained her ears intently on what she was saying in the same high-pitched voice she had heard earlier.

“So, Blythe, where are all of the others right ‘bout now?”

The pegasus stopped hovering and landed, smiling, blue eyes sparkling. “Well, Peps and Sunil are with Rainbow and Flutters – I think the pegasi took them to visit some city…Cloudspale, Cloudsnail…”

“Cloudsdale, Blythe, darling,” the white unicorn called out. “It’s where Rainbow and Fluttershy used to live. It doesn’t surprise me they’d want to take their new pets out flying right away…”

Blythe nodded in the unicorn’s direction. “Thanks, Rarity. Anywho…”

The monkey and the dog both laughed, but their laughs sounded forced, like they were trying to make light of a situation that really wasn’t so funny. Blythe laughed too, her laugh sounding the most fake of all. The two ponies sitting next to them looked confused.

“…Russell and Vinnie are doing…something…at Twilight’s library, and I think Penny is getting a tour around the farm,” the dark blue pegasus finished off with a last flap of her wings. “She seemed to really like it there; lots of open space to practice her ribbon dancing.”

One of the animals ribbon-danced?

Zelda felt her heart light up like a firework. Talking animals…talking animals with special talents…talking animals with special talents performing at our circus!

Biff started to whisper something in her ear; in pure desperation the zebra waved her hoof slightly, hoping that the silencing spell that had worked on her all those years ago would work now…

…but it didn’t. Biff continued to talk, simply thinking that her hoof gesture had been a signal to stop where he was and whisper from there.

“For the circus!” he murmured excitedly. “You told me there was no such thing as talking animals with special talents…but ha!”

The last ‘ha’ echoed throughout the woods, making a couple birds take flight. The lavender dog’s ears pricked slightly; she tilted her head upwards. “Did anyone else hear that?” she asked suspiciously.

“That barking is so annoying,” Brittany snapped in Zelda’s ear. “Can someone get the dog to shut up?”

But nothing was comprehending anymore. They had been spotted…they had to runrunrunrunrunrunrunrun…

Zelda whipped around and tore through the undergrowth, calling back in a loud tone – she didn’t care who heard her now, they were already discovered – “Quickly, back home!” Then, under her breath, she murmured, “We’ll have a lot of planning to do before we make our move.”

Author's Note:

Thanks to all who have upvoted, followed, and favorited this so far! It's truly appreciated. Reviews are always welcome ;)