• Published 29th May 2013
  • 10,861 Views, 538 Comments

A TrixDash Love Story - Yukito



Trixie and Rainbow Dash fall in love after a chance meeting

  • ...
30
 538
 10,861

10 - The Past Returns (Part II)

Rainbow Dash stared at the night sky above her, wondering what was taking her friends so long. Sure she had taken off without them, and made quite some distance between them when she pursued Trixie, but it shouldn’t have taken half-an-hour for them to find her again, right?

“Brrr…”

Rainbow’s eyes shifted to Trixie laying down beside her, one of her wings wrapped around the shivering showmare. “You cold?” Rainbow Dash asked. “It’s kinda chilly out tonight, huh?”

“T-That’s not it,” Trixie said, grabbing a hold of Rainbow’s wing and wrapping it tighter around her body. “Where is that stupid search party? At this rate, we’d be better off finding a way out of here ourselves.”

“You should’ve brought an ‘I’m going on ahead’ firework,” Rainbow joked, hoping to lighten the mood a little bit and take Trixie’s mind off of the cold. “So, uh… I guess we’ll have to reschedule your show.”

Trixie glanced over towards the snoring baby dragon some distance away from the two mares. “Yeah, well, it wouldn’t have done if Trixie’s show had ended on a downer like: ‘We couldn’t find Spike!”, or ‘Spike’s been eaten by timberwolves!’.”

Spike’s snoring stopped momentarily as he clenched his claws and resisted the urge to sit up and glare at the showmare talking behind his back. ‘Just keep pretending you’re asleep!

“And Trixie’s marefriend was heading into a dangerous place. Naturally I would want to come along to make sure nothing happened to you.”

Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes and shot Trixie a smirk. “And yet I was the one saving your flank.”

Spike grinned and nodded his head silently.

“The Great and Powerful Trixie had the entire situation under control.”

Spike frowned and shook his head slowly.

“… Hey,” Rainbow Dash said, “That thing you said back at the boutique…”

“What thing?” Trixie asked, closing her eyes and snuggling into Rainbow’s wing with a soft yawn.

“You said that Spike wasn’t the only one to lose a hero.” Rainbow Dash felt Trixie’s movements beneath her wing stop. “What did you mean by that?”

It took a moment for Trixie to come up with an answer. “I don’t know what you’re talking about,” she said. “You must have misheard.”

“Don’t give me that,” Rainbow said, pulling her wing back and scowling at the showmare previously beneath it. “C’mon, Trixie. If we’re gonna be a thing now, you gotta start trusting me.”

“Trixie does trust you,” Trixie muttered.

“Then tell me what you meant,” Rainbow Dash pressed.

“Look,” Trixie said with a sigh, sitting up and turning to face her marefriend, “It’s just a silly little story from Trixie’s past, that’s all. You wouldn’t be at all interested in hearing it.”

“Are ya kiddin’?” Rainbow asked. “After all the ‘silly little stories’ you heard from my dad, I think I deserve to hear a few from you.”

“Very well. How about Trixie tells you about her first ever written exam?” Rainbow Dash shook her head. “Trixie’s first time cooking?” The Pegasus frowned. “First time she pulled a prank on a teacher? Now that’s a pretty funny one.”

“Trixie,” Rainbow said in a flat tone, staring sternly at the showmare. Trixie’s ears flattened against the side of her head and her eyes widened and glistened in the moonlight. “I’ve seen Fluttershy give me that look, it’s not gonna have any effect coming from you.”

“Was worth a try,” Trixie pouted as she turned her head to the side. “Fine then. If it really means that much to you… It was a long time ago.”

“In a kingdom far, far away?” Rainbow asked with a grin.

“No, it was in Canterlot,” Trixie responded with a raised eyebrow. “… Oh. That was a joke.”

“You really didn’t get it?” Rainbow Dash laughed.

“Silence!” Trixie ordered. “If you want the Great and Powerful Trixie to tell you this story, then you shall-”

“Okay, okay,” Rainbow said. “Go on. You were saying?”

“… The first time the Great and Powerful saw a magic show, it was a magician named Fantasia III. Perhaps you’ve heard of him?”

Rainbow Dash shook her head. “Nah. Not a big fan of magic shows, to be honest.” A moment of silence passed. “Uh, except yours, of course!” Rainbow quickly corrected. “Yours are great! And, uh, powerful! Great and Powerful!”

“Gee, thanks,” Trixie said, rolling her eyes. “Anyway, Fantasia was a magician of great renown. Not just for his performances, which were the best that Trixie has ever seen in her whole life. The way he could travel great distances in impossible times with his horn sealed, the way he could fly despite having no wings, the way he-”

“I get it. He’s great.” Rainbow Dash smirked as she noted the star-struck look in Trixie’s eyes. “So he was like, your inspiration or something?”

Trixie turned to Rainbow Dash and smiled. “Trixie bought a magic kit for beginners from him after the show. Of course, back then Trixie had no idea how he pulled off any of his tricks, but now-a-days she could sit through an entire performance and foresee where each trick would go before he performed it.” Trixie stuck her nose into the air as she beamed with pride at her own claim.

“I’m sure. So, what does this have to do with what you said before?”

“I’m getting to that.” Trixie cleared her throat and hesitated for a moment. “… As Trixie mentioned, Fantasia was known for more than just his magic shows. He was a hero to the ponies of Canterlot, using his abilities to assist the Royal Guard in capturing criminals and protecting us from the threats of the Everfree Forest.”

“Threats from the Everfree? In Canterlot?”

“The first recorded instance of creatures from the Everfree leaving the forest to hunt was around that time, and as such the watchtowers keeping an eye on the forest’s borders had not yet been set up. Fantasia was not only strong and brave, but he was kind and gentle, too. He allowed children up onto his stage and entertained them with his magic. He would brighten their days and make them forget whatever worries they had. And he would give them something to strive for. A role model to look up to.”

“Wow. Seems like a cool guy,” Rainbow Dash said.

“Indeed… That is why the Great and Powerful Trixie worshipped him so much.” Rainbow noticed the enthusiasm dying in Trixie’s voice, and saw the showmare’s ears flatten against the sides of her head as she frowned at the ground. “Just like every other filly my age, I was so lost in his amazing image that I revered him as though he were a god. Or something close, at least. Trixie thought he was flawless. Trixie thought that he was the perfect example to live up to.

“… Then one day, Trixie caught him walking around the town and wanted to show him how far she had come with her magic. It just so happened to be on the same day that Trixie was accepted into Celestia’s School on a scholarship program.”

“Wow. That sounds great!”

“It was,” Trixie said with a faint smile. “Trixie followed after Fantasia to show him that the little filly who bought a magic set from him two years ago was now entered into Celestia’s School for Gifted Unicorns. It was supposed to be a joyous day…”

Trixie suddenly stopped. After a few seconds where she didn’t continue her story, Rainbow Dash asked: “What happened?”

“… Trixie wasn’t sure what she was looking at at the time,” Trixie said in a solemn tone. “Fantasia was holding a child, a few years younger than I was by the looks of it, and bound in a rope and gagged as he was stepping into his cart. When Trixie asked what was going on, Fantasia attacked Trixie and knocked her out.”

“He assaulted you?!” Rainbow Dash asked, her wings flaring out as her face took on an expression of rage.

“When Trixie woke up, Fantasia was gone. The Royal Guard had found me unconscious in an alley and asked what had happened. At the time, I refused to answer any questions. I refused to believe that Fantasia, my hero, my whole reason for practising magic, could have committed such an act!

“And then, two days later, the headlines were everywhere. Fantasia had been found and arrested. One charge of foalnap, another charge of assault, and another charge of resisting arrest. At his trial, it was found that he needed money, fast. His cousin had got into some trouble and turned to him for help, but he couldn’t do anything without a lot of money. So he foalnapped a rich-looking family’s kid and sent them a ransom note. He attacked Trixie out of panic.”

“That still doesn’t make it right, what he did!” Rainbow huffed, crossing her forelegs as she glared angrily into the distance.

“That’s not what Trixie thought,” Trixie said. “At least at first. She even continued to lie about being assaulted, claiming it wasn’t him that did it, but he confessed that he had. For weeks, I was torn. I didn’t know what to think anymore. If it was anypony else, I would have testified without a moment’s hesitation. Just because he was my hero, a grand pony who had brought much joy to so many ponies, does that make his actions more excusable?”

“Of course it doesn’t,” Rainbow Dash said. “My first weekend at the Wonderbolts Academy, I thought that Spitfire was a reckless, irresponsible coach who just wanted results from her troops, regardless of the risks it brought. I was so angry, I was ready to walk out right there and then! Thankfully, she proved me wrong, but if she hadn’t done that…”

“Eventually, Trixie made her choice.” Trixie turned to Rainbow Dash with a sad look in her eyes. Rainbow picked up on this and casually wrapped her wing around the showmare once more. “Even though the trial was already over, Trixie walked up to the Royal Guard and told them that she would like to testify. It was then that I realised something. There are no heroes. There are no ‘grand ponies’ or ‘shining beacons’.

“Everypony we see as a role model is still a pony underneath. And like all ponies, they make mistakes, they are capable of giving into dark thoughts, and they are suspect to failure. We should definitely look for ponies to respect and take pages from their books, but we have to remember that they aren’t perfect, and you shouldn’t put all your faith in them. Otherwise, they’ll let you down when you realise they’re just like you underneath.”

Spike clutched onto his tail and stared at the ground as he listened to Trixie’s words.

“I guess it sucks when your foalhood hero lets you down like that, huh?” Rainbow Dash asked. “Hey, you just kinda admitted you’re not perfect,” she added with a grin.

Trixie huffed. “Obviously, Trixie is the exception to the rule.” As Rainbow Dash chortled beside her, Trixie turned her attention towards the sky and sighed. “Perhaps we should launch our final firework to make sure they know where we are.”

“Yeah. It’s been long enough,” Rainbow said as she reached for the firework beside her. She stopped as she heard a rustling in the bushes ahead of her, which Trixie must have noticed this too as they both focussed their attentions on the bushes ahead of them.

“Is that them?” Trixie asked.

Spike sat up slowly expecting to see Twilight approaching the group with the rest of their friends and ready to run over to his big sister-figure so that he could just leave the terrible forest and go home. His ears, however, picked up a low growl and his spines picked up a familiar magical feeling in the air.

“Hey Twilight!” Rainbow Dash called out. “Applejack! Rarity?”

“Guys,” Spike said as he climbed to his feet.

The rustling stirred up once more. “We’re over here!” Trixie shouted into the distance. “Of course Trixie is okay, but Dashie looks like she needs a blanket!”

“What?! You’re the one turning blue out here!” Rainbow Dash retorted.

“Guys.”

“Trixie is always blue,” Trixie pointed out. “And your feathers are standing up. Doesn’t that mean you’re cold?”

“It doesn’t work that way. Feathers aren’t the same as fur.”

“TIMBERWOLVES!” Spike shouted at the top of his lungs, startling the two mares to the point of almost giving them heart attacks. On cue, three wolves made of wood with green, glowing eyes approached the small group, the one in front stopping to howl before all three charged forwards together.

“RUN!” Rainbow Dash shouted as she pushed Trixie aside, lighting up the firework in her hoof and aiming it at the approaching wolves. She launched the firework and turned to flee with Trixie and Spike, not stopping or turning back even as an explosion sounded behind her.

“Keep running!” Trixie shouted as she used her magic to pull Spike, who was slowing down beside her, towards her back. She hesitated for a moment before instead placing him onto Rainbow’s back. “Timberwolves are magical creatures that can rebuild them-”

“We know!” Rainbow Dash and Spike shouted in unison.

“We’ve dealt with these before!” Rainbow informed her.

“Oh really?! How did you defeat them?!”

Rainbow Dash thought back to what Applejack had told her of that time.

“Hey Applejack! How’d Spike defeat that massive timberwolf anyway?”

“Well, ah told him ta leave me there an’ save ‘imself, but that lil’ guy wouldn’t listen and stood his ground brave an’ strong!”

“And then?”

“Then… he picked up the nearest rock around an’ threw it right into that big timberwolf’s mouth!”

“… I think we should just focus on running,” Rainbow Dash ultimately decided as she caught up to Trixie’s side. “We’ll lose ‘em in the trees and send another signal to let Twilight and the others know where we are.”

“… Except that we’re out of fireworks,” Trixie told her. “You just fired our last one.”

“Oh. Oops.”

“We’ll get up high,” Trixie said, looking towards the cliff to her left. “Trixie can cast an illumination spell that will be visible from up there. But first, Trixie has to get these wolves off of her back.”

“Uh… just Trix- Just you?”

“You use your wings and fly Spike to safety,” Trixie said.

“What?! I’m not gonna leave you here on your own!”

“I’ll be fine!” Trixie shouted. “I’m the Great and Powerful Trixie! I won’t let a small pack of timberwolves be my downfall! And besides, you need to get Spike someplace safe.”

“What, you don’t think I can take care of myself?” Spike asked. “I’ve outran these things in the past, and I can do it again!”

Trixie gritted her teeth and shot a glare at the baby dragon to her right. “Think about it! How long can Dash run carrying you on her back? Especially considering how much energy she used rescuing us earlier!”

“And what makes you think you can outrun them any longer than her?!”

“Because I am the Great and Powerful Trixie!”

“Meaning what?! You’ll bluff your way out of this?!”

“You watch your mouth, young reptile! The Great and Powerful Trixie is trying to tolerate you for Dash’s sake, but if you continue to be so annoying-”

I’m annoying?! How can you say that when you have to hear yourself talking all the time?!”

“Guys! Knock it off!” Rainbow Dash shouted, jumping slightly to bump Spike into the air and shooting a glare towards Trixie. “We kinda have an emergency here! We can’t afford to be arguing right now!”

“Tell it to him!”
“Tell it to her!”

“I SAID KNOCK IT OFF!” Rainbow Dash screamed, silencing and startling both of her companions as they continued to move quickly through the forest. “… This is just like what happened with Gilda,” Rainbow muttered to herself.

“What was that?” Trixie asked, leaning closer to hear her better.

“Nothing,” Rainbow said quickly, shaking her head. “Anyway, I can’t just leave you out here on your own like that! It’s too risky!”

“Actually, you won’t be leaving Trixie all alone,” Trixie told her. Rainbow Dash remained silent as she listened. “To lose them, we must head into the thick foliage around us. But it’s dangerous to be running blindly through something like that. That’s where being a Pegasus works to your advantage, and mine too.”

“You want me to… to fly above and lead the way with my bird’s eye view.”

“Yes,” Trixie said with a nod. “Trixie will follow your rainbow trail to safely navigate the forest, hopefully leaving the timberwolves behind in the dust.”

“But can you keep up with something like that? I mean, my rainbow trail disappears pretty quick. You’d have to be a pretty fast thinker to follow after it.”

“Trixie is a fast thinker,” Trixie said with a grin. “It’s one of the many skills necessary for performing before a crowd.”

“… Alright, but if you find yourself in trouble, you’d better yell, and I’ll be there to save you in less than a second!” Trixie agreed to this term by way of nodding, and leaned forward to voice her confirmation. Mistaking Trixie’s intention, Rainbow Dash also leaned forward to meet her lips. She could hear Spike groaning above her and quickly parted from the kiss, flapping her wings to take off into the air.

As Rainbow Dash turned to fly just above the dense forest to her side, Trixie also turned to pursue the rainbow that was created as a result. As she followed the rainbow trail, twisting and turning through the thick trees and jumping over the thorny bushes and puddles of mud, she could hear the sounds of the wolves giving chase growing quieter and quieter.

Sparing a glance over her shoulder, Trixie smiled as she confirmed that the wolves were indeed losing her. She turned her attention back towards the rainbow trail, only to find it dimming in her sights. “What?” Trixie closed her eyes for a brief second and reopened them. This time, the trail wavered and distorted. “Rainbow Dash! Are you okay?!”

“I’m fine! Why?!” she heard Rainbow Dash call back.

“What’s going on?” Trixie asked herself quietly, before suddenly succumbing to a long, drawn-out yawn. “Oh no… I’m getting tired…” Trixie looked back up to the sky, only to find that the rainbow had split into two. She could hear a soothing sound blowing in the wind, like a lullaby, and felt her eyes growing heavier and heavier.

Then they snapped wide open as she felt a sharp pain run through her body. Wiping the tears from her eyes, Trixie found herself on her haunches before a large, thick tree trunk. And behind her, she could hear the faint sounds of growling encroaching on her from several directions.

“RAI-”

“Sit.” Trixie gasped and turned around. To her bewilderment, all seven timberwolves around her were sitting down, though they were all still growling at her, too. “To think, I was expecting you to show up on that stage back in Ponyville, yet you decided to play hooky and play in the forest. You’ve certainly changed a lot since we last met.”

From behind the trees in the distance, a white Unicorn mare appeared, her flowing red mane and tail blowing in the wind and a long metal flute held close to her mouth in a blue magical aura. “And you are?” Trixie asked, rising to her hooves and dusting herself off.

“Really? No show of gratitude for saving you just now?” Trixie opened her mouth to speak. “No, no need. You weren’t exactly known for your social etiquette back in school anyway. Like that time you stood me up during our final year face-off.”

“… Final year… Wait a minute, Trixie remembers you now!” The white mare grinned as Trixie glared her down, sparks from both mares’ eyes firing towards the other and meeting in-between them as a furious invisible battle raged between them. “… Well, not exactly. What was your name again?”

The mare frowned, and then bared her teeth in anger. “It’s Melody,” she told Trixie. “After I was your rival for several years, you could at least remember my name!”

“Rival? You just approached Trixie one day and challenged her. Trixie didn’t even know you until that day.”

“I was competing with you our entire school life!” Melody shouted. “We battled each other onstage so many times! Your magic versus my music!”

“… That was you?!” Melody nodded. “Huh. Trixie just assumed she was beating a bunch of wanabes from the music club. She never really took the time to remember the faces of those she had beaten, or their names for that matter.”

“A wannabe, am I? Well, maybe back then, but I’ve studied and improved a lot since I graduated. Which is more than I can say for you. Tell me, how has your magic performance been this last year?”

Trixie’s glare returned, more intense than before. “Oh? You think that your little flute-playing can ever be a match for the Great and Powerful Trixie’s magic?”

“See for yourself.” Melody brought the flute to her lips and blew into it, working her forehooves along the side to produce a strange yet beautiful melody. The wolves stopped growling and turned their attention towards the musician, getting up and walking towards her, before kneeling at her hooves and bowing their heads. She stopped her playing and shot a smug grin at the stunned showmare. “My charming technique from back then was incomplete, but as you can see now, I have finally mastered it.”

“Hypnotism through music,” Trixie noted. “That art is forbidden for ponies not using it under Royal supervision.”

“Sneaking into the Royal archives is also forbidden, but I won’t tell if you don’t,” Melody said. “In any case, I am here, Trixie Lulamoon, to issue a challenge. The contest that should have been held all those years ago… We are going to have it now.”

“A contest? If you just want to embarrass yourself, there’s a pleasant pink pony who’d be more than happy to spray you with cake batter back in town,” Trixie said with a smirk.

“I think I’ll pass. I’d much rather beat you in a not-so-friendly challenge in front of an entire crowd of ponies. The challenge will be two days from now. I’ve taken the liberty of preparing fliers to pass out around town, so you’ll get the details tomorrow.”

“And let’s just say for argument’s sake that Trixie declines your challenge,” Trixie said, “What then?”

“Do you even have to ask?” Melody smiled and brought her flute to her lips once more, playing the same tune as moments ago. This time, the wolves turned their attention to Trixie and began advancing slowly, growling and snarling her way. “If you refuse to co-operate, then the town of Ponyville will be celebrating Nightmare Night early.”

Trixie gulped and backed slowly away as the pack of timberwolves advanced closer and closer towards her. “Eheheh… N-Nice doggies… Y-You know, Trixie thinks she might know where you can find some tasty ursa meat around he-”

The lead timberwolf howled and started to charge towards Trixie, causing her to scream and fire her magic towards it. With a grin, Melody prepared a tune to halt the timberwolves as Trixie’s attack blasted the leader of the pack backwards. However, before she could start playing, a rainbow blur entered the fray and surrounded Trixie. When it was gone, so was the showmare.

“… Well, I think she got the idea,” Melody said as she played a tune to force the charmed wolves to take a sudden nap. “She’ll either co-operate, or the blood of an entire town will be on her hooves.” With a cheerful smile and a spring in her step, Melody turned around and began to navigate her way out of the dark forest.


“ARE YOU OKAY?!” Rainbow Dash asked as she finally stopped dragging Trixie along the forest’s floor, too tired to pick her up any higher as they fled from the pack of wolves, and instead pinned Trixie to the ground so that she could examine her for any injuries. “I told you it was too risky! You could’ve been eaten! If Spike hadn’t pointed out you stopped following me, I wouldn’t have known!”

“T-Trixie is fine, though!” Trixie assured Rainbow Dash as she tried to push the panicking mare off of her. “Really, Trixie’s fi-”

“Stop saying that!” Rainbow Dash shouted suddenly, silencing Trixie. Tears dropped onto Trixie’s chest as Rainbow exhaled heavy breaths. “You’re always saying that you’re fine, and maybe you are by your books. But you could’ve been eaten just now. Those timberwolves were just one step away from having you for dinner. Do you think I’m fine seeing something like that happen?!”

“Uh… I-I guess not…”

“This isn’t about whether you’re okay with risking your life in crazy situations like this! I get it, you’re brave, and you’re tough! But… But what about the ponies around you? What about those who don’t want to see you getting hurt, or putting yourself in danger?”

Trixie managed to free a foreleg and brought it up to the back of her neck, scratching it nervously as she tried to avoid eye contact with the Pegasus above her. “Well, Trixie’s safety has never been a concern for others, so-” Trixie was cut off by a sudden, tight hug from Rainbow Dash.

“You moron… Stop thinking like that. If something happened to you, I would have never forgiven myself… and you can bet your flank the others would have been sad, too…”

Trixie didn’t say anything. Instead, she simply rolled her head to the side and gave a curios glance to the other member of their small group. “… I don’t like you,” Spike reminded Trixie, earning a nod from the showmare, “But you’re still a pony… and Twilight says that we should never wish bad things on anypony.”

Twilight says?” Trixie asked.

“… I believe it, too,” Spike added. “I’m not just blindly following Twilight’s example. I don’t like you one bit, but I would never wish for you to… y’know.”

Trixie nodded. “For what it’s worth, when Trixie originally planned to show up here and defeat Twilight Sparkle, she only intended to have Twilight make a new stage for her.”

“Whatever,” was all that Spike said as he turned around. “TWILIGHT!”

“SPIKE!” Twilight Sparkle jumped out of the bushes and ran towards her young assistant, who also ran just as quickly towards her. “Spike, you’re safe!”

“So are Dashie and Trixie!” Pinkie Pie pointed out as she hopped out from behind the bushes after Twilight, the rest of the search party joining her. They stopped as they took note of the positions that the two mares were in. Namely, one on top of the other, pinning her down and pressing their bodies close together. “… Dashie! What are you doing?! There’s a child present!”

Rainbow and Trixie’s faces turned red as they both simultaneously realised what the pink mare was misunderstanding about their situation. “No! It’s not like that!” Rainbow tried to explain, but was cut off by Rarity.

“I realise that you must have been happy to find Trixie alive, but honestly, do try to control yourselves a little bit.” Rarity gagged as she lifted a hoof and examined it, finding dirt and leaves attached to the base. “Doing such things in such a filthy forest.”

“Ye’re supposed ta be settin’ a good example fer the lil’ ‘un here,” Applejack said as she approached Twilight and Spike, placing a hoof on the latter’s head.

“We weren’t doing anything!” Rainbow Dash shouted, jumping off of Trixie and turning away from her friends with a pout. She heard giggling behind her and turned back to see all of her friends, minus Spike and Trixie, laughing together.

“We’re jus’ teasin’,” Applejack explained. “No need ta get yer feathers in a mess.”

“Um, c-can we maybe be going now?” Fluttershy asked, her smile fading as a howl echoed through the dense forest trees.

“T-That’s probably a good idea,” Twilight said, using her magic to lift Spike onto his back. As soon as he was seated, the baby dragon stretched his arms and yawned, before falling onto his front and nestling into Twilight’s fur, his eyes closing as he felt a peaceful slumber embrace him.

Trixie turned to Rainbow Dash with a raised eyebrow. “… What?” Rainbow asked, seeing Trixie’s strange look. The showmare motioned her head towards Spike and Twilight. “What?” Rainbow repeated. Trixie sighed and approached Rainbow Dash, wrapping a foreleg around her back. Rainbow understood now what Trixie was asking, and she quickly pushed the showmare back. “No. I’m not carrying you out of here.”

Trixie pouted and huffed as she walked away from Rainbow Dash, following after their friends through the dark forest. “Stingy.”

“I’m just tired,” Rainbow Dash said. “Though, even if I weren’t, I wouldn’t carry you on my back anyway. No way, no how.” Rainbow Dash picked up her pace to catch up to Trixie, and then remained silent for a few moments as she tried to find the right words to say what was on her mind. “… Um, listen, about before-”

“Trixie gets it,” Trixie said, silencing Rainbow Dash before she could really get started. “Trixie will… try to consider your feelings the next time she has a brilliant idea.”

“Not that,” Rainbow said, surprising the showmare. “It’s just that, you really did scare me, y’know? By the way, don’t you dare tell anypony that.”

“Well, Trixie shared kind of a big secret with you earlier, so Trixie won’t tell if you don’t.”

Rainbow Dash smiled and nodded. “Anyway, I was just kinda wondering… I know you were planning to leave tomorrow to perform elsewhere, but… how about you stay for a bit? At least an extra day. You can spend the night round mine tonight.”

Trixie couldn’t help but smile, and feel her heart rate skyrocket. Rainbow Dash wanted her to stay so badly. The though-as-nails Pegasus was actually being cute with the way she practically pleaded for Trixie to stay an extra night, and that alone was reason enough for Trixie to say ‘yes’. Of course, there was another reason that she had to stay. Another two days, at least, she couldn’t afford to leave Ponyville.

“Very well then, Trixie shall stay,” Trixie said. She felt Rainbow Dash’s wing wrap around her body and leaned over to rest her head against Rainbow’s shoulder. “But in return… you have to make sure it’s worth it.”

“I can think of something,” Rainbow Dash said with a sly grin, running the tips of her wings along Trixie’s side slowly and sensually. “You know, you’re not the only pony who knows how to put on a show.”

Trixie shuddered as she felt Rainbow’s breath in her ear, and the tips of Rainbow’s wings brushing against her side, returning Rainbow Dash’s grin and raising her head up to lick Rainbow Dash’s cheek, a certain trick she found received positive feedback from the frisky Pegasus. ‘Forget Melody for now. The Great and Powerful Trixie is going to enjoy herself tonight.

Gross,’ Spike thought to himself with a shudder as he happened to peek an eye open at just the wrong time, quickly shutting his eye again and running images of certain overly dramatic fashion designer through his mind in the hopes of erasing the horror of what he had just witnessed.

Author's Note:

After a loooooooooong hiatus during NaPoWriMo (had lotsa fun writing that, too! :D), TrixDash is BACK! And ready to kick some TwiDash ARSE!

*ahem* Nothing against TwiDash. It's just that everypony seems to bring it up whenever I mention TrixDash. No mention of Twixie. I guess it's just natural for Trixie to have both the egghead and the tomboy.

Anywhom! I know some of you are probably thinking "Oh great, villain OC that's gonna have her own long and complex backstory before turning out to be NMM or Sombra or some shit!". Well, I can assure you, Melody will only be featured in one more chapter, and then she is done (possibly referenced in more, but that's it). She is just a character I've had in my head for so long now and I wanted to include her, and I managed to come up with a scenario that fits the story where she can play the role of the bad guy. Woohoo!

Now, I'm sorry to say that you may have to wait just a teeeeeensy bit longer for the next chapter, as there is a lengthy Trixie oneshot I am working on (would have been writing it over September if not for NaPoWriMo), and I would like to get it out before the end of October. That's not to say I won't be working on TrixDash at all, but with Uni also starting up (first lecture tomorrow), I can't guarantee anything in terms of update speeds.

But, here's a lil' teaser for all of you out there: if you're a fan of RariJack, you'll probably (hopefully) like the next chapter ;)

'Til then, there are plenty of other great writers out there to keep you entertained! ^_^