• Published 29th May 2013
  • 10,861 Views, 538 Comments

A TrixDash Love Story - Yukito



Trixie and Rainbow Dash fall in love after a chance meeting

  • ...
30
 538
 10,861

8 - First Date (Part IV)

First date.

Everypony remembers their first date, be it a grand, romantic success or a terrible, heart-breaking experience. Rainbow Dash sure remembers hers, and she did not like it. Too much talking – about boring stuff to boot – and not enough flying, or playing, or going somewhere fun. And the way the guy tried way too hard to impress her, making a complete fool out of himself and embarrassing Rainbow Dash to no end.

A long story short, Rainbow Dash was put off of dating for a few months thanks to that. She didn’t want Trixie’s first date to be a disaster too. She still couldn’t believe that Trixie had never been on a date with anypony before, but if that were true, that just meant she had to make sure that their first date together – or their first real date together, in Rainbow Dash’s eyes – and Trixie’s first date with anypony, went off without a hitch.

The fact that they woke up in the same bed together, with Trixie sleeping soundly and with her hooves draped around Rainbow Dash’s body was already a good sign for the Pegasus. “Hey there. Sleep well?” she asked with a knowing grin.

With a long yawn, the still-sleepy Trixie sat up and stretched her hooves out, forgetting for a moment that Rainbow Dash was still there. When she remembered about the other pony’s presence, Trixie quickly straightened herself out with a minor blush, clearing her throat and faced Rainbow Dash with a cool, collected gaze.

“Good morning,” Trixie said before leaning in for a kiss. A quick peck on the lips was all she could manage in right now in her tired state, but it was also all that she needed to properly wake both herself and Rainbow Dash up.

With Rainbow Dash now fully awake, she took the lead after Trixie tried to move away, pulling her back in fir another, more passionate kiss. Trixie opened her lips to allow Rainbow Dash free reign over the insides of her mouth, closing her eyes as she relished the sensation of Rainbow’s tongue fighting her own.

After a while, Trixie began to wake up herself from the effects of the rush coursing through her body. She pushed forward against Rainbow Dash in an attempt to gain control, but this was only met by resistance on Rainbow’s part. The two continued their little struggle until finally, Rainbow’s stronger and more-trained physique won the battle for her, pushing Trixie down onto the mattress and pinning her there.

Rainbow Dash grinned as she looked down at the raggedy-looking showmare below her, pouting as she realised she had no choice but to accept this loss. “Does the Great and Powerful Trixie admit defeat?”

“Never!” Trixie scoffed as she struggled to break free. Her struggles came to an abrupt stop as she felt something brush against her sides. Something that felt suspiciously like- “N-No! Wings aren’t allow-OWWWWW-OW-OW-OWWWED!”

Rainbow Dash ignored Trixie’s protests, running her wings up and down Trixie’s side and releasing a maniacal laugh as the pinned-down mare broke into a fit of uncontrollable giggles. Trixie’s horn would occasionally spark to life, but be it due to just having woken up or being distracted by the tickling, no spells seemed to take effect.

“Give in yet?” Rainbow Dash asked as she eased up on her assault.

“You’ll simply have to kill Trixie! Because she does not admit defeat!” Trixie proclaimed as her horn lit up once again. In a flash of light she disappeared from under Rainbow Dash and reappeared on the floor beside her bed.

“You’re a tough nut, but I think I can crack ya,” Rainbow said as she rose to her hooves, wings spread as she crouched down, as if ready to pounce. A sudden knock at the door caught both mares’ attention. “What? Who would be knockin’ on your door this early?”

“Only one way to find out,” Trixie said as she approached her door, cancelling the locking spell placed on it but leaving the chain-lock in place. She opened it as far as she could and peeked outside through the crack. “Yes?”

“Delivery for Miss Rainbow Dash!” a cheerful voice shouted from outside. Trixie turned around to give Rainbow Dash a questioning look, only receiving a puzzled look back from her marefriend.

“Derpy?” Rainbow asked as she approached the door, unlocking it and opening it wider. “How did you know I was here?”

The mailmare on the other side saluted, before reaching into her saddlebag and pulling out a package. “Trade secret, ma’am!” She gave the package to Rainbow Dash and then pulled out a clipboard and a pen. “Signature please!”

Rainbow put the package down onto the floor and signed the clipboard with the provided pen. Trixie, curious as to the contents of the package, picked the delivery up in her magic and gave it a slight shake.

“Have a good day, ma’ams!” Derpy said as she took to the sky and flew away from the trailer. Rainbow Dash turned around and frowned as she watched Trixie placing her ear to the package.

“What are you doing? You think there’s a bomb in there or something?” Rainbow asked.

With a sheepish grin, Trixie levitated the package into Rainbow’s hooves. “Who’s it from?”

Rainbow Dash examined the label. “From the Wonderbolts Academy. Guess it’s information on our next training session.”

“Wonderbolts Academy…” Trixie stared at the package with narrowed eyes. “Well then, you’d best open it and see what’s in there. Don’t want to miss anything important, after all.”

As good an actress as Trixie was, even Rainbow Dash wasn’t fooled at this point. She could tell that something was wrong, and she placed the package to one side and approached Trixie to find out what it was. “Hey, what’s up Trix?” she asked, wrapping her forelegs around Trixie’s neck and hanging off of her from behind.

“Nothing,” Trixie said quickly. She felt Rainbow Dash’s hold tighten, and she sighed. “It’s nothing, really. Just bitter memories, that’s all.”

Rainbow Dash wasn’t entirely satisfied with the answer she received, but she felt that it was probably the best she was going to get. “Well, okay then… In that case, let’s have lots of fun today to make you forget ‘em!”

“But the package-”

“Can wait,” Rainbow Dash said. “Today’s our first official date! I’m gonna make sure it’s totally awesome!”

Trixie smiled at the Pegasus’ words and turned around to give her marefriend another quick peck on the lips. “Well then, the Great and Powerful Trixie is counting on you to show her a good time.”


“Your orders, madams.” Two plates were placed onto the table that Trixie and Rainbow Dash were sat at, each one stacked with cinnamon and hay-coated pancakes, Trixie’s also containing some blueberries at the top. “Bon appétit.”

“Trixie is surprised,” Trixie said as she lifted her knife and fork up with her magic, bringing them over to her stack of pancakes to cut a portion out. “This isn’t quite what Trixie was expecting from this town in terms of service. Quick, efficient, and hospitable.”

“That’s why I chose this place,” Rainbow said. “Most high-class restaurant in Ponyville. Ponies travelling far by train usually stop here half-way, so we need places like this to get whatever bits we can out of ‘em. And it works, too.”

“Still, is the food as appealing as the service? That is something yet to be determined.” Opening her mouth and bringing the piece of pancake on her fork closer, Trixie closed her eyes and took an experimental bite out of meal. After a few seconds of tasting the food in her mouth, Trixie’s eyes shot open and she finished off what was left on her fork. “… Delicious,” she said as soon as she swallowed what was in her mouth.

“Told ya,” Rainbow Dash said as she picked up her own cutlery and moved to start on her own pancakes. She stopped when she heard a loud, familiar voice behind her.

“Oh, Rainbow Dash!” Rainbow turned around to see Rarity walking up towards her, two empty saddlebags on her sides save for a piece of paper sticking out of one of them. “Pleasant morning we’re having, isn’t it?”

“Uh, yeah. It sure is,” Rainbow said. “I’d like to chat and all, but we’re kinda in the middle of something right now.”

“Oh, my apologies,” Rarity said, turning to Trixie. “Yes, I suppose you two will be going over the final touches of today’s show, and you can’t very well have somepony listen in and spoil the surprise now can you?”

“Actually,” Rainbow said, “We went over all that last night. We’re actually having our first date right now, so-”

Rarity gasped and turned back to Rainbow Dash with stars in her eyes. “Oh my! Your first date! Oh, I remember my first date with Applejack. Oh, I do apologise for interrupting. I’ll just be getting out of your manes no-” Rarity stopped as she stared at Rainbow Dash, her excitement dying down as she eyed the Pegasus up-and-down.

“What?” Rainbow asked, Not sure if she should be worried or not.

“Rainbow Dash, this is your first date with Trixie, is it not?”

“Uh… yeah?”

Rarity gasped and shook her head, he face displaying a look of absolute shock. “Your first date… yet you’re content to walk around looking like that?!”

Rainbow Dash narrowed her eyes. She wasn’t sure if she should or not, but she felt offended by Rarity’s statement. “Like what? This is how I always look.”

“Precisely!” Rarity shouted. “Oh, darling, you can’t simply walk around looking the mess you always do on a date as important as this! Scruffy mane may be attractive on a mare like you, but you simply overdo it! Your coat is untidy, and you clearly only settled for a quick shower this morning before going out. Your hair has so many knots and is completely uneven, you could do with a dab of makeup to bring out the colour of your eyes, a dress is certainly a must, perhaps one that highlights your athletic figure. Though you’ll still need to be able to fly so that you can carry Trixie home once the date is over. Unless Trixie is playing the stallion here, in which case your mane will need to be completely reworked! Furthermore-”

Rainbow Dash jumped out of her seat whilst Rarity was distracted listing all the things she had apparently got wrong with her appearance. “Hey, let’s go!” she whispered to Trixie. “While she’s not looking!”

“But Trixie is still eating,” Trixie said, holding her fork in the air and grinning at her date with an amused look on her face. “Besides, this is fun. Trixie does like a show while she eats.”

“And you!” Rarity shouted, pointing a hoof towards Trixie. “Wearing that same getup you always wear on your first date? I think not!”

Trixie looked down at her cape and tapped her hat with a hoof. “Hey, Trixie likes-”

“I suppose the cape could be worked into a dress to look both fashionable and beautiful, but the hat will definitely need to go. Perhaps a flower in your mane, or a five-pointed star manepin to match your Cutie Mark. Your mane is definitely much tidier than Rainbow Dash’s, but I’m thinking a different style is in order. Maybe a-”

Trixie quietly put down her cutlery and slipped out of her seat, joining a smirking Rainbow Dash who was waiting by the side of their table. “Okay, let’s go! Before Trixie gives her another green hair-makeover!”

“Grab what food you can and follow me, quietly.” Trixie nodded, using her magic to lift the two plates, casting a second spell to make sure the stacks of pancakes didn’t fall off, and followed after Rainbow Dash, leaving Rarity alone as she continued her rant, completely oblivious to the two mares’ disappearances.

As she followed, Trixie was so caught up in making sure that her spells didn’t falter that she wasn’t paying much attention to where she was going, much less to the pony that she inevitably collided with.

Rainbow Dash turned around as she heard the sound of Trixie’s yelping and something crashing onto the ground, and found two mare’s sitting on their rumps in the middle of the street, with stacks of pancakes and two paper plates spread across the ground around them.

“Oh my,” the red-maned, white-coated Unicorn mare said as she rubbed her flank and neck at the same time. “My bad. I wasn’t watching where I was going.”

“Ow…” Trixie looked around at the mess the collision had caused and bit her lower lip. “Great. There goes breakfast…” A white hoof entered her field of vision, and she looked up at the other mare offering to help her up. She ignored the hoof in favour of the blue one that entered her sights moments later.

“You alright?” Rainbow asked, receiving a nod from Trixie. “Sheesh, what a mess.”

“Hmph. Don’t worry, Trixie can clean this up in no time at all.”

Trixie’s horn lit up, but it wasn’t her magic that grabbed a hold of the pancakes she was looking at. It was a blue aura instead, and when she looked for the source Trixie found the white mare beside her lifting the scattered pancakes up with her own magic.

“You two are on a date, right?” she asked, receiving a questioning look from Trixie. “Trust me, I can tell romance when I see it. You two just leave this to me and go enjoy the rest of your date.”

“You serious?” Rainbow asked. “Wow, that’s way cool of ya. What’s your name?”

“My friends call me Mel. And please, don’t worry about it. It was my fault anyway.” Trixie eyed the mare suspiciously, wondering why anypony would make such a generous offer out of the blue, and a stranger at that. “You two make a cute couple.”

Rainbow Dash scoffed. “Cute? Please! We make an awesome couple, is what you mean!” Rainbow threw her foreleg around Trixie, catching the showmare off guard. “Right?”

“I-Indeed,” Trixie said as she straightened herself out in Rainbow’s hold. “Well then… if she insists, the Great and Powerful Trixie sees no reason to delay.” Trixie turned to leave down the street. Rainbow Dash offered one final goodbye to the generous mare before following after Trixie. “… So what shall we eat now?” Trixie asked, wondering if they should chance going back to that restaurant where Rarity might still be standing.

“Hmmm… Guess we’ll just have ta hit up the marketplace for a quick snack!” Rainbow Dash said as she moved in front of Trixie. “C’mon, this way.”


Trixie frowned as she bit into her corn on the cob, staring down at the ground as she chewed the not-so-tasty snack in her mouth. She was sure that the shopkeeper purposefully gave her a bad one, because Rainbow Dash seemed to have no problem wolfing hers down.

“Will ya stop mopin’ already?” Rainbow asked as she wrapped a wing around Trixie. “So you messed up a lil’ bit. No big deal.”

“… Gee, you sure are a smooth-talker, Dash,” Trixie said with a pout. “Anyway, the Great and Powerful Trixie is not moping. Nor is she sulking, before you say anything.”

“I wasn’t gonna say that,” Rainbow said. A moment of silence passed. “But quit sulking.” Trixie shot a glare towards her date, who simply responded by pressing their noses together. “Just kiddin’. Don’t take everything so seriously, geez.”

Trixie harrumphed and pulled her head away. “Trixie was merely disappointed that that fine meal had to be cut short, that is all. Trixie was not letting it get under her skin.”

“Of course not,” Rainbow Dash said, rolling her eyes and leaning back against the back of the bench they were both sitting on.

“Well ah’ll be!” The two mare turned to their right to find Applejack approaching them, a smile on her face and a cart of apples behind her. “G’mornin’ you two. Ah don’t suppose y’all are on a date right now are ya?”

“How’d you know that?” Rainbow asked.

“Jus’a hunch,” Applejack said with a sly grin. “Hoo boy, this sure brings back memories! Mah first date with Rarity was a real hassle, that’s fer sure! Tryin’ ta figure out jus’ all the right ways ta please that mare, an’ havin ta wear that silly ol’ dress the whole time.”

“Did you drop your breakfast all over the ground and have to settle for below-average corn on the cob?” Trixie asked before taking another nibble out of her food.

“Uh… beg pardon?” Applejack asked, turning to Rainbow for some context.

“Little incident happened earlier, and she totally hasn’t been complaining about it since,” Rainbow Dash explained, though it did little to clear up Applejack’s confusion.

“R-Riiiiight… Anyhow, ah’ve gotta get these apples delivered ta the town hall by noon, so ah guess ah’ll leave you two alone.” Applejack was about to leave, when an idea struck her. “Ah know! We should all get together sometime. Me an’ Rarity, an’ you two.”

“You mean like a double-date?” Trixie asked.

“Sure! Why not?”

“That sounds cool,” Rainbow said, rising to her hooves and pulling Applejack away to whisper to her. “By the way, thanks for that advice the other day. It’s been totally great!”

“Glad ah could help,” Applejack whispered back with a sly grin. “Ah suppose ah can count on yer help next harvesting season now, instead of y’all just slacking off agai-”

“Welp, time to go now!” Rainbow suddenly said as she turned back to Trixie. “Better hurry up if we wanna catch a good movie in time!”

“But Trixie’s not done eating,” Trixie said, though her protest fell on deaf ears as Rainbow Dash extended her wings swooped Trixie up as she took off into the air. “WAH! Trixie has really got to learn to dodge that…”


At the Ponyville cinema, Rainbow Dash and Trixie were having a spot of trouble deciding which movie they were going to watch together. It was surely nothing that could not be resolved with a quick and civilised discussion, though.

“That movie looks boring!” Rainbow said as she eyed the poster for Teardrops and Snowflakes. “It’s just some sappy romance flick, and I heard they left it on a cliff-hanger and haven’t released the sequel for years now!”

“Well, what do you suggest then?”

“Hmmm… How ‘bout this?” Rainbow Dash asked, pointing a hoof at the next poster along.

“A horror movie?”

“Sure! Unless, of course, you think you’ll be too scared to sit through it,” Rainbow said in a teasing tone.

Trixie scoffed and flicked her mane. “Hmph! The Great and Powerful Trixie does not get scared of silly little zombie films!”

“Care to prove it?” Rainbow asked in a challenging voice.

“Very well then,” Trixie stated as she walked over to the ticket counter, Rainbow Dash following behind her. The two purchased their tickets and some drinks, and then made their way into the screening room, flashing their tickets for the bored-looking mare at the door to check as they went in.

The two decided to sit somewhere in the middle row. There weren’t many ponies in front of them, so they had a good, clear view of the screen. “If you get scared, don’t feel bad about grabbing hold of me,” Rainbow Dash said with a smug grin.

“Thanks for thinking of Trixie, but that will not be necessary. Of course, if this were a romance movie, Trixie may have been all over you… since the mood would have been right.”

Rainbow considered that for a few seconds, and wondered if it was too late to get up and swap their tickets. From the look on Trixie’s face, it was. ‘Too late, we’re here and we’re watching this,’ is what Trixie’s expression said to her.

“Oh, Rainbow Dash and Trixie.” The two mares looked to their left to find Fluttershy walking up towards them. “Goodness, I didn’t expect to run into you two here. I thought that Rainbow Dash didn’t like Brave Little Rabbit.”

“‘Brave Little Rabbit’?” Trixie asked. “What’s that?”

“Some kinda children’s movie that Fluttershy showed me at one point.” Rainbow Dash shuddered as memories of that movie entered her mind. “Totally lame… Er, no offence, Fluttershy!” Rainbow quickly corrected as she turned back to her friend.

“Oh, it’s okay,” Fluttershy said with a smile. “To each their own. But, I’m confused. If you don’t like it, then why are you here?”

Rainbow raised an eyebrow as she gave her friend a questioning look. “Uh, isn’t this the screening room for Manehatten Horror?” she asked. She turned to the two stallions sitting a few rows behind her. “Hey guys, this is the screening room for Manehatten Horror, right?”

“Yeah,” one of the stallions responded.

“No doubt about it. I always check carefully when I enter one of these rooms,” the other added.

Rainbow Dash turned back to Fluttershy, who at this point was turning pale and shaking slightly. “O-Oh my. I-I should go. I’m not good with horror movies…”

“Hey, no biggie. We can hang out some other time though, right?” Rainbow said, receiving a nod from Fluttershy.

Fluttershy turned around, and stopped when she saw four mares sitting themselves down at the end of the row. She then turn back to exit the other way, only to find a grumpy-looking stallion sitting at the other end. “Oh… Um, maybe I’ll just stay after all…”

“You sure?” Rainbow asked, giving her friend an incredulous look. “I mean, don’t you remember what happened the last time you watched something like this?”

“If you want, Trixie can simply teleport you outside,” Trixie suggested, only for the room to suddenly turn completely dark. “Oh… Never mind. Trixie needs a clear image of her target to teleport them somewhere… safely.”

“Oh, I really don’t mind,” Fluttershy said, lowering her voice to a whisper as she took a seat next to Rainbow Dash.

“Why don’t you just fly out?” Trixie asked.

“Well, I don’t want to be a bother to anypony sitting behind me.”

“Fluttershy-” Rainbow began, only for Fluttershy to interrupt her.

“Really, I’m fine. Please enjoy your date. J-Just pretend I’m not even here…”

Rainbow Dash bit her lip as the movie started. She knew that Fluttershy was just putting on a strong act so as to not inconvenience them. She just hoped that she really would be alright…


“KYA!” Fluttershy squeezed harder onto Rainbow’s leg, pulling it violently towards herself as if it would act as some sort of shield to repel monsters.

Rainbow Dash yelped as she was forcefully pulled closer to Fluttershy for the seventh time throughout the movie, and winced as she felt the blood running through her leg being cut off by the scared pony’s vice-like grip.

“Ssh!” was heard all around as ponies once more turned the trio of ponies responsible for so much noise throughout the movie.

“I-I’m sorry,” Fluttershy whispered, tears in her eyes as she released Rainbow’s leg.

“It’s fine,” Rainbow Dash lied as she pulled her leg away, shaking it a bit to get the blood flowing once more through her veins. A horrifying growl was heard all around the room, and Fluttershy immediately grabbed onto Rainbow’s leg once more.

“WHAT WAS THAT?!” she asked, earning more shushes and a few insults from the ponies around her. “S-Sorry…”

“Ugh!” Trixie jumped to her hooves out of her chair and turned to the dark silhouette of Fluttershy to her left. “Right, that’s it! You’re getting out of here!”

“Quiet already!”

“Down in front!”

Trixie ignored the shouts from the ponies around her as her horn lit up, and seconds later every light in the room turned on at once. The ponies around her began to boo and chide her, telling her to leave and turn the lights back off, but Trixie ignored them as she focussed on the now-clear image of Fluttershy before her. Focussing her magic, Trixie cast a teleport spell on both the frightened mare, and on Rainbow Dash.


Rainbow Dash blinked as she found herself suddenly sitting in the cinema lobby, a shaking and tearful Fluttershy standing beside her, looking just as confused, but also relieved.

A few moments later, the door to a nearby screening room opened, and angry voices could be heard shouting from within. Rainbow gasped as she saw a certain blue Unicorn walk out of the door, an upside-down cup on her head with coke running down her face, and popcorn and butter hanging in her mane and tail as she left the screening room.

“What happened?!” Rainbow asked, running up to Trixie with a mix of concern and fury.

“Turns out the ponies here don’t like their movie being interrupted by a little ‘light show’,” Trixie said in a casual tone. “Whatever, it was a terrible movie anyway.”

“Oh man, I’m so so so sorry,” Rainbow Dash said, quickly batting the cup off of Trixie’s head and brushing a few of the popcorn pieces out of her mane.

“What for? You’re not the one who did this to Trixie,” Trixie said.

“Um… I-I’m sorry about this,” Fluttershy said as she approached Trixie, a guilty look on her face as she examined the showmare’s appearance.

“You didn’t do this, either,” Trixie said, making no eye-contact with the yellow Pegasus. “You should be more assertive. If you couldn’t stand the movie, you should have just left.”

“B-But I…”

“That’s enough,” Rainbow said, grabbing Trixie’s hoof and starting to pull her away. “Come on, I’ll let you use my shower to get cleaned up. Fluttershy, you’ll be okay for now, right?”

Fluttershy nodded. “Y-Yes. I’ll be alright,” she said. “Angel likes to snuggle up next to me when he sees me having bad dreams, and it usually drives them right out.”

Rainbow nodded and left the cinema with Trixie. When they were both outside she picked Trixie up and carried her as they both ascended into the air together.

“… Thanks for what you did back there,” Rainbow said to Trixie. “Listen, don’t be too hard on Fluttershy. She can’t help it. She’s never been particularly brave, y’know?”

“… Trixie is only slightly annoyed at Fluttershy,” Trixie said, tightening her grip around Rainbow’s neck. Rainbow felt this and looked down to see Trixie shaking. “Those stupid ponies. How dare they do this to me, the Great and Powerful Trixie…”

Rainbow Dash leaned her head down and gave Trixie a light nuzzle in an attempt to calm her down. “It’s okay. It’s over now.”

“… Just for the record, Trixie wasn’t scared back there, when all those ponies ganged up on her. Nor is she feeling sad right now. Merely annoyed and angry, that is all.”

“You sure?” Rainbow Dash asked, holding onto Trixie tighter as she slowed down a little bit. “‘Cause I get the impression you’re not being entirely truthful here…”

“… W-Well,” Trixie began, hesitating for a moment before a reassuring squeeze from Rainbow Dash convinced her to trust the Pegasus. “Maybe… a little distraught… But if you tell anyone, the Great and Powerful Trixie will vanquish you!”

Rainbow Dash chuckled as she began her descent towards her cloud home. “Don’t worry, I won’t tell anypony. Now use your cloud-walking spell.” After a quick flash of light from Trixie’s horn, Rainbow Dash touched down onto the cloud floor of her home, and gently lowered Trixie down onto it, making sure that she wouldn’t fall through it.

Rainbow considered that their visit to the cinema had been cut short, so now they had a huge hole in their schedule with nothing to fill it. With this, an idea came to Rainbow’s mind, and she shot Trixie a sultry grin. “You know, I think I could use a quick shower, too.”

Trixie turned to give Rainbow Dash a confused look. “But you already-” She caught on as soon as she saw the Pegasus’ expression, and gave a grin of her own as connected her hoof with Rainbow’s. The two shared a quick kiss before heading into Rainbow Dash’s house together.


After both mares had showered, and taken a little time to have some fun, Rainbow Dash decided to show Trixie her favourite spot in all of Ponyville: the Ponyville lakeside. The two sat by the lakeside together, enjoying a lazy afternoon together as Rainbow draped her forelegs around Trixie from behind, and Trixie simply lay back against Rainbow Dash.

“It’s rather peaceful here,” Trixie said as she rested her eyes for a moment. “Trixie can see why you enjoy coming out here to relax.”

“Yeah. Ponyville can get pretty loud sometimes, so I like to come here to just have some me-time.” Rainbow felt a frown forming on her face as she recalled the day’s events thus far. “… Sorry things didn’t quite go as planned,” she said, causing Trixie to open her eyes and look up at her. “Y’know, my friends interrupting and the whole thing that happened at the cinema.”

“… Well, to be honest, Trixie had very low expectations for today,” Trixie said, earning a surprised look from Rainbow Dash. “Not because of you or anything, but just that Trixie has learned a lot this past year… In particular, that life isn’t all sunshine and rainbows like in stories.” Trixie turned to the side to see Rainbow’s mane blowing in the wind, and laughed. “Well, I guess with you, it is.”

Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes and held back her own laughter. “So, what did you think then?”

“… Overall, Trixie would not object to a second date,” Trixie said, smiling up at Rainbow Dash. “Maybe next time, we can hire a sitter to keep your friends busy.”

“I’ll keep that in mind,” Rainbow joked as she lowered her face down towards Trixie’s, bringing their lips closer and closer together.

“Hey Rainbow Dash!” The two mares jumped up with a start and turned to their left to see an orange Pegasus filly smiling at the pair of them. “Oh, sorry if I’m interrupting something! I was just wondering if you could help me with my homework!”

Trixie glared at Scootaloo as she simply smiled innocently at Rainbow Dash. Rainbow smiled back and moved away from Trixie and closer to Scootaloo. “Heh, you came to the right mare, kid! What’re we lookin’ at? Cloud statistics? Weather patterns?”

“Chemistry!” Scootaloo said in a cheerful voice, pulling two sheets of paper out of her bag. “We’re looking at empera… emperor…”

“Empirical formulae?” Trixie asked as she eyed the sheet.

“Uh… that’s more Twilight’s department, actually,” Rainbow Dash said with a nervous chuckle. “But if you have anything on the history of Cloudsdale, I can totally tell you everything you need to know!”

“Well, isn’t that a shame?” Trixie asked in a sarcastic tone. “Seems you’ll have to go bother- I mean, ask Twilight to help you out.”

Scootaloo spared a moment to glare at Trixie whilst Rainbow Dash wasn’t looking, and then reverted back to her cheerful smile. “Hey, aren’t you doing that show thingy soon?” Scootaloo asked Trixie. “Hope it goes well! It would be bad if you crash and burn or somethin’. Just sayin’.”

“And Trixie wishes you luck on your homework assignment,” Trixie said back. “It would be embarrassing if you were the only one not to answer the questions given to you or something. Just saying.”

Rainbow Dash looked between the two with a puzzled look on her face. “O… kay… Uh, she’s right y’know, Trix. We should probably get going now if we don’t wanna miss the start of your show.”

Trixie looked up to the sky to check the position of the sun. “Yes, you’re probably right.” Rising to her hooves and dusting herself off, Trixie gave Scootaloo a warm smile. “You should go find Twilight and have her help you out with your homework. Education is important, after all.”

“I’ve got time,” Scootaloo said. “I think I can spare some time to cheer you on during your show.”

Trixie’s eye twitched, but she didn’t allow her smile to fall. “Well, that’s very kind of you.” Rainbow Dash led the way back towards the town, with Scootaloo and Trixie following behind her, both exchanging glares to each other whenever Rainbow Dash wasn’t paying attention.


The park was filled with ponies crowding around Trixie’s trailer, waiting for the show to start. Both Rainbow Dash and Trixie were surprised by the turnout, not expecting so many ponies to show up considering what had happened the last time she was in town.

“Wow. I guess the mayor did a better job than I thought,” Rainbow muttered to herself as she looked over the crowd, frowning as she noticed a few ponies that were particularly unhappy with Trixie’s little episode when she wielded the Alicorn Amulet. “Hope everything goes alright…”

“What are you even doing here?!” Scootaloo suddenly shouted, prompting the two mares to turn around to see what was up. Scootaloo was standing in front of a pink filly wearing a small tiara on her head. “Since when do you care about magic shows?”

“I don’t. I was just seeing what all the fuss was about, that’s all.”

“Oh boy,” Rainbow said as she watched the two fillies arguing. “Diamond Tiara.”

“Who?” Trixie asked as she also watched, smiling as she saw Scootaloo getting riled up so easily by this other filly.

“Let’s just say they’re not exactly best friends,” Rainbow Dash explained. “You should probably go on ahead. I’d best stay here to make sure this doesn’t get too out of hoof.”

Trixie turned back to the two bickering fillies, giggling as she watched Diamond Tiara turn Scootaloo’s face red by with merely a few words and a cool attitude. ‘I think I like this filly.

“Trixie! Rainbow Dash!” The two turned around to find Pinkie Pie bouncing up to them, two little foals sitting on top of her head. “You’re here! Does that mean the show’s about to start? The twins have been so super excited, I could barely control them!” Trixie stared at the foals, who seemed to be nodding off to sleep. “Oh, that reminds me, you haven’t been properly introduced, have you? These are the twins, Pumpkin Cake and Pound Cake! Twins, this is Trixie! Say hello!”

“Ah-laaaa…” the two foals said together, followed by a long yawn from Pumpkin Cake.

“Um… You have kids?” Trixie asked, not sure whether the pink mare was actually more mature than she had first thought… or if she had just kidnapped two foals in an attempt to make some kind of strange joke.

“Oh, no no no no! They’re the Cakes’ twins! The Cakes are my bosses at Sugarcube Corner! I’m just watching them right now.”

Trixie wasn’t sure if that was any better. ‘Somepony gave her two fillies to watch, all by herself?

“I know what you’re thinking!” Pinkie said with a serious look. “But I’m more responsible than I look! I can look after these kids in my sleep!”

Trixie could only nod in response. ‘Don’t fall asleep when you’re watching foals!

“So, when’s the show gonna start?” Pinkie Pie asked, smiling widely at Trixie.

Trixie straightened herself out and cleared her throat. “Well-”

“You guys!”

“Oh, Twilight!” Pinkie bounced on the spot and waved over to Twilight as she approached the group. “You’re just in time! Trixie was gonna tell us when she’s gonna get this show on the road! Big announcements are always so exciting, don’t you think? Like the time I announced I was pregnant, although that turned out to just be a dream I had, but it was still super exciting and the party you all threw me was so great and-”

“Guys, have any of you seen Spike?!” Twilight asked, panting as she stopped in front of the three mares. Her eyes widened in horror as they all shook their heads. “Oh no…”

“Twilight?” Pinkie asked, her smile falling as she sense a friend in trouble. “What’s wrong?”

“I sent Spike out to return a book I borrowed from Zecora,” Twilight began.

“Zecora?” Trixie asked.

“Zecora’s a zebra. She lives out in the Everfree Forest,” Twilight explained. “You met her, remember? She gave me that doorstop that we said was an amulet.”

“… Oh. Her.” Trixie frowned at the memory that entered her mind. Even if she wasn’t in her right mindset, to think she allowed herself to be so easily fooled… “So what’s the problem?”

“Spike hasn’t come back, that’s what!” Twilight shouted. “And I checked with Zecora, and she said he never visited her! I’ve asked all around Ponyville, and nothing!

“You guys, Spike’s gone missing!”