• Published 26th May 2013
  • 1,642 Views, 52 Comments

Battle Ready - D101 Reviews



Battle Ready is a unicorn from a strange land, fleeing to Equestria to escape some unknown tragedy and seeking a better life. His past however, doesn't quite want to leave him alone. (Anthro ponies)

  • ...
3
 52
 1,642

Epilogue

Epilogue

'The Last Centurion' was a dark tavern was on the outskirts of Cohort, an old Warhorse town that was at the centre of many an industrial circle. However the dingy and bleak setting was at odds with the wealth of the rest of the town. It was run-down. It was rotten. It was forgotten. No one had set foot in the old place for a drink in years, asides from the barman.

However just because the filthy place wasn't used as a watering hole, wasn't to say that it wasn't used at all.

A dark robed figure strode through the maze of rotten and old tables to the bar. He leant on the counter and looked at the barman, his face wreathed in shadows, hidden even from the light of the last candle.

"Who will join me in the afterlife tonight?" the barman asked casually as he cleaned a filthy glass with an even filthier rag.

"I shall oh gatekeeper, but first let us slay the newcomers," the robed figure replied.

The barman set the rag down and opened the counter beside him.

"In the back," he grunted as he went back to work. The robed figure nodded as he stepped through and opened the door behind the bar.

The back room was much better in terms of its furnishings. The walls were made of some polished black material. The carpet was clean and stain free. The light that illuminated the small space came from the emerald green flames that burnt from the candles on the table. The table itself was laid with a black table cloth and arranged around it were seven black velvet armchairs. Six of them were already occupied.

"You are late," said a cold female voice. He grunted as he sat down.

"My apologies Madame Superbie," he said, bowing his shadowed head. "I was delayed in setting out."

Madame Superbie didn't respond, merely looking up at the six others around the table.

"I am sure you are all aware of why we are here?" she replied. They made no movement. She sighed. "In case any of you forgot, we are here to discuss what to do about our so called Prince."

"He has committed an act of blasphemy unmatched since our lords of masters were sealed away all those millennia ago," one of the others growled.

"Quite," Superbie agreed. "He had done the unthinkable, the unforgivable. He had slain a Sin. The most ruthless of them all. He has defeated our Lord, the Sin of Wrath."

She looked around the table. "So what do we do about it?"

"Madame if I might speak," said another of the hooded individuals. "Perhaps it is wise to remain silent for the time being. The Zenith of Wrath promised our master would be at his most powerful and yet he has fallen. Perhaps it is better to disappear for the time being. Let the heretic live for now, until we may regroup, stronger. It would be the wise-"

"Thank you Cupiditas I think I have heard more than enough," Superbie growled.

"My Lady I meant nothing by it!" Cupiditas quickly stammered. "I merely thought-"

"Your thoughts are most valuable to me but I feel you have served your purpose," Superbie replied, flicking her hand at the other figure. She screamed in pain as she slumped onto the table; dead.

"Anyone else believe we should let the heretic live?" Superbie demanded. No one spoke. "Good. Now as Cupiditas rightly pointed out, we are still in the Zenith of Wrath. we have plenty of time before the next Zenith begins. Plenty of time to prepare."

She classed her fingers together.

"The Prince may be strong, but how will he fair against our Lady, Mistress Envy?"

To Be Continued In: 'Battle Ready - Envy' ...