• Published 26th May 2013
  • 5,829 Views, 38 Comments

The Path of Absolution - Punishment - Morningstar1337



Trust is a fragile thing, but not as fragile as life. The Cutie Mark Crusaders have written things, horrible things. And now they must pay the price. They, and all Equestria

  • ...
19
 38
 5,829

PreviousChapters Next
liv - Lyssa, The Herald of Wrath

In the Frozen North, Legion moved to find the body that Celestia had banished. He knew that he needed a new host now that Diamond Dust was being kept in custody in Canterlot.

He saw a towering body of ice in the distance. He commanded the legions of windigoes to lift the body.

‘the sixth seal is set to break soon,’ He thought. ‘By now the first five seals binding order to this accursed land are failing.’ He went away from the Frozen North in search of a new host.


In Canterlot, Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Princess Cadence, and Shining Armor were discussing what to do with Diamond Dust.

“What do we do, sister?” Luna said. “We can’t keep her or the talismans here in Canterlot.”

Celestia said, “I don’t know. How are the victims of the invasion?”

Shining Armor said, “I’m sorry, Princess, but some of the ponies that were frozen didn’t make it. Others are struggling to stay alive and warm, but they had been frozen for days”

Cadence said, “And some of the ponies the changelings had fed on still hadn't recovered their emotions yet.”

Celestia was worried about what might happen next. She wondered how this had started. Luna and Celestia knew that the Crusaders were innocent of the attack on Canterlot, but they don’t know exactly how innocent Diamond Dust was. She wondered why they chose a filly to be the vessel for the Crown of Conquest. “Shining Armor, Princess Cadence, I want you to go to Ponyville and find out what happened before the windigoes attacked.”

Shining Armor bowed. “Yes, Princess.” He and his fiance left the throne room.

Another pony entered the room. “Your majesty, One of the fillies you brought back is waking up.”

Celestia and Luna were surprised. They went to find out who had woke up, and to get some answers.


Gale Force was still in the hospital. His psychiatrist visit did not go well. “‘Too angry’ she says. ‘Let go of Over Cast’ she says. What does she know.” He was even more furious when he found out that neither Shining Armor or Celestia didn’t kill the windigoes. “What do they know?”

“So you really hate us huh?”

“Who said that!?” Gale Force said.

He heard a voice coming from somewhere in his room. He saw that the window was open.

“You really want to avenge your worthless friend?” the voice said.

“Show yourself!” Gale said.

Gale saw nothing. The voice said, “If you truly wish to avenge her. Come to the place where it all began.” There was silence for a few moments.

Gale thought, “If you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself.” He flew out the window and headed for the Unicorn Range.


Diamond Dust had woken up inside a dark chamber. She sensed no sign of Legion, but saw Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo. The other three fillies were sleeping.

She remembered all the things she did to those fillies. She felt some remorse as she looked at her forehooves. She wondered if ruling Equestria was worth it anymore.

She wondered how it had come to this. She wondered if this was because she hated Apple Bloom.

She knew that she harbored a hatred for Apple Bloom, it was the basis of their relationship. She was blinded by that hatred and by Legions sugar-coated words of “destiny.”

She wondered if this truly was her destiny, to be hated by everyone in Equestria, to try to send Apple Bloom to the depths of despair again, to be part of a plot to freeze Equestia over.

Just them she saw the door open and Princess Celestia and Luna entered. She knew that she would never be forgiven for what she done.

The two Princesses were surprised to see that the filly that had awaken was Diamond Dust. She knew that she was at the princesses mercy now that Celestia has severed the connection between her and Legion.

The vessel of the Crown of Conquest said, “So, why am I here? Why didn't you spare me?”

Celestia said, “We’re here to find out why you chose to be the queen of the windigoes and the vessel of one of their talismans.”

Diamond Dust said, “I assume you already met my so called ‘adviser.’”

“Your adviser?” Luna inquired. Celestia knew she was talking about Legion.

Diamond Dust felt guilty. “I made sure these foals over there were exiled and killed. I helped turn them into the other servants and I helped kill innocent ponies. All because of a so-called destiny. And before that I wasn’t much better...” She confessed and claimed responsibility for her bullying the Cutie Mark Crusaders, to her hiring them for their column and forcing them to invade the ponies’ privacy, to freezing the ponies in ice. ”...Go ahead, do your worst.”

Celestia said, “Your fate has yet to be decided.” She felt uncertain. She sensed that Diamond Dust felt a little guilty about the whole ordeal. But she also knew that the filly was partly responsible for the deaths of many ponies in the Unicorn Range, Ponyville, and Canterlot. “For now, you shall remain here until I decide what to do to you.” The Princesses left.

Diamond Dust was left alone and thought about all the sins she had done. The lives she ruined. She wondered if she even wanted to live when she knew that she caused misery to all she talked to. She didn’t even know if Silver Spoon survived the last time they met. She then wondered what had changed between the bully that would make fillies miserable to the was she was now. She felt a little tired, she eventually went to sleep.


Princess Celestia and Princess Luna were discussing what they learned about Diamond Dust.

“But sister,” Luna said. “Even if she did commit these atrocities, she’s a filly, What you’re suggesting is--”

“I know,” Celestia said. “I’m not suggesting that yet. She was manipulated by the windigos as well.”

They felt the ground rumbling beneath their feet. An earthquake had struck Canterlot.

“What was that?’ Luna said.

The earthquake subsided after a few minutes.

A guardspony had shown up.

Celestia said, “What is it?”

“Your highness,” the guardspony said. “We received word that an unscheduled tornado is ravaging Manehatten. Some of the pegasi are fixing it as we speak.”

Another guardsponies showed up. “There is a freak wildfire over at Las Pegasus. And Cloudsdale’s Rainbow Factory has had a meltdown.

“Have the royal guard check if anypony’s hurt,” Celestia said.

The guardsponies left.

“Sister, do you think--” Luna said.

“I do,” Celestia said. “These disasters are no mere coincidence. We must check the sixth seal.”

Celestia and Luna hoped that Twilight and the others would be able to return soon. They went to the Badlands.

Author's Note:

If you didn't like the Diamond Dust scenes. You're gonna loath her next appearance in this fic.

PreviousChapters Next