• Published 26th May 2013
  • 5,827 Views, 38 Comments

The Path of Absolution - Punishment - Morningstar1337



Trust is a fragile thing, but not as fragile as life. The Cutie Mark Crusaders have written things, horrible things. And now they must pay the price. They, and all Equestria

  • ...
19
 38
 5,827

PreviousChapters Next
xvii - Dual Sided Hypnos

Twilight Sparkle, Spike, Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy were walking out of the Everfree Forest. They saw the village of Ponyville frozen over. They saw the snow fall over the evacuated town.

“I hope everypony’s okay,” Twilight said.

Just then, the mares and Spike saw a flash, and then Princess Luna appeared.

“Hello, everypony,” Luna said.

“Princess Luna?” Rarity said.

Luna nodded.

Twilight was a little surprised.

“So I assume that” --Luna pointed to the frozen town-- “was the handiwork of the windigos?”

“Eeyup,” Applejack said.

“So,” Rarity asked. “What happened to Princess Celestia?”

“My sister is busy preparing the castle for the wedding,” Luna said.

“Wait,” Twilight said. “What wedding?”

“I’ll tell you when we get to Canterlot,” Luna said. “Shall we go?”

“Well,” Rainbow Dash said. “It beats sticking around here and freezing to death.”

“Wait,” Pinkie Pie said. She laid down in the snow and waved her hooves around rapidly, creating a snow angel in the process. “Okay, now we can go.”

“Very well,” Luna said. She used her horn to teleport herself and the group to Canterlot.


Diamond Dust was walking in the eye of the storm. Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo were floating unconsciously. The Sword of War, Scales of Life, and Scythe of Death were floating nearby.

Diamond Dust wondered what to do with them.

The three fillies woke up one by one.

Apple Bloom looked around. She didn’t recognize the windigo queen in front of her. “Who are you?” she asked.

Diamond Dust was surprised. “You don’t remember?”

Sweetie Belle woke up next. She said, “remember what?” Scootaloo woke up after she asked that question.

Diamond Dust wondered if the three had been rendered amnesiac after they were unpetrified. She thought about the possibilities. But at the same time she felt a little guilty.

“You don’t even remember your own names?” Diamond Dust asked.

“Nope,” the yellow filly said.

“Drawing a blank here,” the orange filly said.

“Can’t think of a name,” the white filly said.

“Well,” Diamond Dust said. “I happen to know your names quite well.” She pointed to the yellow filly. “Your name is Apple Bloom.” She then pointed to the white filly. “Yours is Sweetie Belle.” She then pointed to the orange filly. “And you’re Scootaloo.”

“Fair enough,” Scootaloo said. “But who are you, and why are we floating in the sky?”

The other two foals noticed that they were walking several miles in the air.

Diamond Dust said, “Well, my name's Diamond Dust. And you’re here because you are my servants.”

“Oh, really?” Apple Bloom said. The three fillies were a little skeptical of Diamond Dust.

“Of course,” Diamond Dust said. “You must have bonked yourselves on the head there.”

Sweetie Belle said, “What about those flying pony-like things?”

“Oh well,” Diamond Dust said. “I am the queen of these spirits. Your job is to help me command them in battle.”

“Battle?” Sweetie Belle said.

“Yes, battle, ” Diamond Dust said. “We are currently at war with Equestria. They keep on starving these poor souls of their food and we are fighting to help feed them. It is your duty to help us.”

The fillies were surprised by this. They agreed to help the windigo queen feed her subjects.

“Excellent,” Diamond Dust said. “You are dismissed. Oh and you’ll need these.” She pointed to the sword, scythe and scales.

The three fillies took their respective item trotted away.


During recess at the school The Cutie Mark Crusaders woke up on a table.

“Huh?” Apple Bloom said. “It... worked?”

The other two Crusaders looked around the playground and saw that other fillies were having fun. And saw that every mare and stallion that so much as looked at them gave glares of disapproval. They approached a small lean pegasus who was taking pictures of everything. The pegasus looked at the fillies and left without a word.

“Yep,” Sweetie Belle said. “It worked.”

“He could have sent us back a little earlier,” Scootaloo lamented.

The bell for recess had rung. The Crusaders went back to the school.

Later, on their way home, they saw a mare with the paper and a phone. She was complaining about how cold it was. This time the mare hung up and left.

“This is definitely the past alright,” Apple Bloom said. “We can’t blow it this time girls.”

The other two agreed and went their separate ways.


In Canterlot, Silver Spoon was looking around the capital. She saw Lyra and Bon-Bon. The two ponies saw the filly and approached her.

“Hey there,” Lyra said.

“Hello,” Silver Spoon said.

“So,” Bon-Bon said. “How are you doing?”

“I’m doing fine,” Silver Spoon said. She never felt so casual before.

“Well,” Lyra said. “I gotta go. I just became a bridesmaid to the upcoming wedding and I’ll need a decent dress. Later.” She and Bon-Bon left.

Silver Spoon then went to find her parents.


Meanwhile, Luna, Twilight Sparkle, Spike, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Rarity had teleported to the castle.

Twilight said, “Thanks for the lift Luna.”

“It was my pleasure, Twilight Sparkle,” Luna said.

“Now then,” Applejack said. “You said something about this wedding?”

“Ah, that’s right,” Luna began to explain. “Twilight Sparkle, your brother Shining Armor is engaged to Princess Mi Amore Cadenza. The wedding takes place in a few days.”

Twilight was enraged, but she hid her anger and politely said, “Thanks again, Luna.”

Luna noticed the anger in Twilight’s eyes. “I’ll tell my sister that you’ve arrived safely.” She then left the room. Spike followed the moon princess.

Twilight lit up like a fuse. She said, “I don’t believe this. My brother? Getting married!?

“At least you still--” Applejack realized that she needed to check on her family. “I forgot. I gotta check on Big Mac and Granny Smith!” Applejack left the castle. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy followed.

“Darling,” Rarity said to Twilight. “Why don’t you go talk to your brother?”

Twilight said, “Yeah, I’ll go talk to him.” She, Rarity and Pinkie Pie went to search for Shining Armor.

PreviousChapters Next