• Published 26th May 2013
  • 5,829 Views, 38 Comments

The Path of Absolution - Punishment - Morningstar1337



Trust is a fragile thing, but not as fragile as life. The Cutie Mark Crusaders have written things, horrible things. And now they must pay the price. They, and all Equestria

  • ...
19
 38
 5,829

PreviousChapters Next
xx - Chronos' Return.

The next day, the Cutie Mark Crusaders trotted to Sugarcube Corner.

“This feels very familiar,” Sweetie Belle said.

“We’ve gone back in time,” Apple Bloom said. “Of course this feels very familiar.”

“Yeah,” Scootaloo said. “But this feels less like deja vu and more like--”

The fillies stopped in their tracks. They saw an angry mob in front of the bakery.

“Oh no.” Apple Bloom whispered.

“Quick,” Scootaloo whispered. “hide.”

The Crusaders tried to hide from the angry mob, but somepony in the crowd turned around and saw the fillies.

“There they are!” the pony said.

“Oh horse apples,” Apple Bloom said.

The fillies galloped away while the angry mob chased them. There was a flash of light, and the Crusaders fainted.


In the skies near Canterlot, the storm of windigoes inched closer and closer to the shielded city.

The queen’s adviser approached Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo. He said, ”So, you’re not entirely sure?”

“I don’t know.” Apple Bloom said.

“We don’t know enough about these ponies.” Scootaloo said.

“We’re just not sure if they’re that bad.” Sweetie Belle said.

The adviser noticed their subconscious acting up. He said, “Well, I’ll tell you all you need to know about these ponies. They are ruthless, malicious, pure evil.”

“Really?” Apple Bloom said. The windigoes circling them slowed down while the spikes on Apple Bloom’s legguards grew longer and sharper.

“Yes.” the adviser said. “Even their leaders are corrupt.”

“How so?” Scootaloo said. The windigos began accelerating as Scootaloo’s icy wings grew sharper and sharper.

“Their highest princess, Celestia, banished her sister, her flesh and blood, in a bid for more power,” the advisor said.

“That’s horrible.” Sweetie Belle said.

The windigos looked they they were feasting as Sweetie Belle’s icy horn elongated and its point sharpened.

“And her subjects are just as ruthless,” the adviser said. “It would not matter if you were a child, an adult, or related. If they don’t like you, they will be as needlessly cruel to you as possible, even to the the point of shunning and exile.”

They glared at the shielded city. The adviser was pleased.


Meanwhile, Diamond Dust was in a different part of the storm. She wondered about the mysterious fifth seal, and what more secrets her adviser is hiding from her, the queen.

Later, the adviser approached Diamond Dust.

“They’re ready.” he said.

“Good.” Diamond Dust said. “In a few days we will strike and take the princess.”

“Exactly.” the adviser noticed curiosity in Diamond Dust’s eyes. “So, you want to know more about the seals, huh?”

“Well, of course.” Diamond Dust shouted.

“I can’t tell you about the seals now,” he said. “but know that it’s important that they be broken if we are to succeed, and know that there are three left.” He returned to the tiara.

Diamond Dust still wondered.

‘Seven seals?’ she thought.


In the kitchen of Canterlot’s castle, Twilight and Applejack were helping several chefs bake food for the wedding. Spike was playing with the figurines meant to go on top of the cake.

The chefs were preparing various pastries and desserts when Princess Cadence entered the kitchen. Twilight checked off the food and ice sculptures.

Applejack saw the bride and gave her an apple fritter. “Here ya go, Princess,” she said. “The best apple treats this side of Equestria.”

Twilight watched as Cadence took a bite out of the fritter. She wondered if Cadence was back to her old self.

As she trotted out, Cadence threw the bag with the fritters away. Twilight said, “Did you see that?”

“See what?” Applejack said.

“Never mind.” Twilight left the room to see how Rarity is doing with the dresses, and to keep an eye on Cadence.

“Well that’s odd,” Applejack said. She shrugged and turn to the other chefs “Alright y’all, Lets make sure that this cake is the best cake ever baked.”

The other chefs agreed.

Applejack wondered if Apple Bloom was okay. She vowed to herself that after the wedding she will try and find her sister.


The Cutie Mark Crusaders woke up on a table at the schoolyard.

“What the hay?” Scootaloo asked.

They saw Featherweight and approached him. The lean pegasus flew away.

“That’s odd,” Sweetie Belle said.

“First we were being chased by a mob,” Apple Bloom said. “Now we’re back at school?”

The bell rang. They went back to class.

After school, the Crusaders left to find out what happened. They saw that same mare complaining on the phone again. The mare left.

“That’s... odd,” Sweetie Belle said.

“Do you think we went back in time again?” Scootaloo said.

“I don’t know.” Apple Bloom said. “We should check just in case.”

The three fillies went home to check.


Twilight and Rarity were in one of the castle towers. Rarity was working on her dresses.

Rarity was too focused on the dresses to listen to Twilight. She worried about the dresses, how perfect they are, how important it is to finish and how much fame she would get when she makes the most beautiful wedding dresses in all Equestria.

“I don’t know when she changed,” Twilight said. “But she changed. I’m Princess Mi Amore Cadenza.”

“Did I hear someone say my name?”

Princess Cadence and two other ponies entered the room.

Rarity noticed the princess and said, “Your highness, I just want to say what an honor it is to make dress for such a momentous occasion.”

“Is my dress ready?” Cadence asked.

“Of course,” Rarity led Cadence to the dresses. Twilight kept a close eye on her.

“I’ve been working on it ever since I’ve been given the assignment,” Rarity said.

‘I’m sure that they’ll be my best work yet,’ she thought.

Cadence looked at the dress. “Change the color,” she said.

The other two ponies complimented their dresses, but Cadence asked Rarity to change them too.

Rarity said, “Of course, change the color. Don’t worry, I’ll make sure your dresses are perfect.”

“Un-huh.” Cadence didn’t bother to listen. She and her two bridesmaids left the tower. Twilight left soon afterward.

Rarity was distracted. She looked back at the dresses. ‘Perhaps they aren't my best work,’ she thought. She promised herself that she will find Sweetie Belle when the wedding is over. After some thought, she went to work on the dresses.

PreviousChapters Next