• Published 26th May 2013
  • 5,829 Views, 38 Comments

The Path of Absolution - Punishment - Morningstar1337



Trust is a fragile thing, but not as fragile as life. The Cutie Mark Crusaders have written things, horrible things. And now they must pay the price. They, and all Equestria

  • ...
19
 38
 5,829

PreviousChapters Next
xliii - Minos and the Cretan Bull

Twilight Sparkle, Apple Bloom, Applejack, Sweetie Belle, Rarity, Scootaloo, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Silver Spoon, and Pinkie Pie found themselves under a scarlet sky. They were on a flat platform as cerulean as the surrounding waters. They saw a cliff and a large ocean right behind the gate.

“Those waters are very dangerous. It wouldn't be wise to swim there.”

A red stallion appeared in front of the group. “My names Taurus. Welcome to my labyrinth.” His white mohawk is adorned by a headband that evoked bull horns. He also had some ropes.

“Let me guess,” Scootaloo said. “You have a challenge for us?”

“You’re very to the point, young lady.” Taurus said.

“Where’s your labyrinth?” Pinkie said. She looked around and saw nothing on the blue ground. “Is it underground?”

Taurus said, “You could say that.” He pressed a hidden button on the ground and cerulean walls appeared around them.

The group was careful to stay together and try not to be separated by the walls.

“Now then,” Taurus said. “Some red bull is wreaking havoc at the center of the maze. Your job is to get it out of the maze and into the ocean.”

Fluttershy was worried. “Um, won’t the bull drown?”

Taurus sad, “Don’t worry, he a strong swimmer and capable of breathing underwater. He can survive the seas.”

Fluttershy was a little relieved.

Taurus said, “You might want to be careful. My bull will try and drive you into different waters as well, the pegasi might escape, but the earth ponies and unicorns will have to swim and you’re out if you touch the water.”

“We got it,” Twilight said.

Taurus said, “Hope you brought your floaties then. And beware the changing walls. I have to go, that bull also took my rope and put it somewhere else.”

Twilight and the others entered the maze.


The ponies looked in the maze for the bull.

Apple Bloom and Applejack saw a strange silhouette.

“Who is that?” Apple Bloom said. She almost recognized the shape.

The silhouette galloped away.

“Hey, wait up!” Apple Bloom chased the silhouette.

“Apple Bloom.” Applejack went after her sister.

The other ponies tried to follow, but a wall emerged behind Applejack. The Apple sister were now separated from the rest of the group.


Applejack and Apple Bloom chased the silhouette around the maze. They got a closer look at the silhouette and Applejack didn’t like what she saw.

The silhouette looked like Apple Bloom with ice legguards and a sword as crimson as the sky. The Apple Bloom duplicate turned right. The two Apples tried to follow her but she vanished.

“Applejack,” Apple Bloom said. “What going on? Why did that pony look like me?”

Applejack knew she had to say something. She noticed that nopony else was around. She said, “Apple Bloom, I--” She heard a snort from behind her.

The two sisters looked and saw a big scarlet bull. Applejack gulped. They galloped away as the bull gave chase.


Twilight Sparkle and her group were looking for Applejack and Apple Bloom.

“Applejack?” Pinkie Pie said. “Apple Bloom?”

Rainbow Dash descended down, “They’re not here, Pinkie.”

Scootaloo said, “You’re flying.” She was a little surprised that the labyrinth didn't do anything preventing flight.

“Yeah, so--” Rainbow Dash had an idea. “I’ll be right back.” She flew away.

Pinkie said, “She deserted us again?”

“Pinkie,” Twilight said. She knew that Rainbow Dash is able to search for the Apples and red bull faster than they are right now.

“So what do we do?” Sweetie Belle said.

“We’ll search for them on hoof while Rainbow Dash covers the sky.”

The group continued through the maze.


Applejack and Apple Bloom were chased by the scarlet bull. Soon they found themselves at a dead end.

The bull moved closer and closer.

The Apple sisters backed up until Apple Bloom tripped on some rope. She had an idea “Applejack!” She handed her sister one end of the rope.

The scarlet bull charged, but the two ponies dodged the attack and had the rope fly into the air.

Applejack and her sister went behind the giant steer and climbed up his back. The giant crimson bull now has the rop in his mouth and Applejack tied the ends together.

The bull was furious. He charged around the maze trying to get the two ponies off.


Rainbow Dash looked from above the maze. She saw the large scarlet bull in the distance, and Applejack and Apple Bloom riding it.

She flew to the bull and shouted, “There you are!”

Applejack said, “Rainbow Dash?”

“What the hay are you doing?” Rainbow Dash was both excited and worried. The walls and paths of the maze changed rapidly as Applejack steered the bull towards the edge of the labyrinth.

“What does look like?” Applejack shouted.

The sea was in sight., but Apple Bloom was the the only one who noticed. “Um, Applejack?”

Applejack and Rainbow Dash looked forward and saw the cerulean waves.

Rainbow Dash took Applejack and Apple Bloom off the bull. The scarlet bull tried to halt it movements, but it was unable to. It went over the cliff and was suspended in mid air. It looked down to the seas below and tried to go back to the cliff until gravity took hold. The bull fell to the waves below.

The three looked at the dull as it tried to swim around the platform. They then looked back and saw the walls sinking back into the floor.

Applejack and Apple Bloom let out sighs of relief.

Rainbow Dash said, “That was so awesome!”

The others saw Applejack and Apple Bloom with Rainbow Dash.

Twilight said, “What happened?”

As they went back to the gate. Apple Bloom explained what happened when they were separated from the group.

“We saw somepony trotting away from us,” Apple Bloom said. “But she vanished and this giant bull appeared.” The group were back at the gate.

“You found my bull!” Taurus said. The group saw the scarlet bull nearby. He went to scold the beat “You been a very bad boy there, Asterion...” Taurus continued scolding Asterion.

Asterion snorted.

“No buts,” Taurus said. “You know where you belong.”

Asterion pouted. He then approached the gates and dissipated int scarlet particles. The particles adhered to he gats and formed the sign for Taurus (♉). Fluttershy was a little unnerved by that display.

Taurus said, “Asterion will lead you tour next challenge. I’ll meet with you soon.”

The ponies went into the gates. Apple Bloom wondered about that silhouette they cased in the maze.

PreviousChapters Next