• Published 18th May 2013
  • 5,185 Views, 167 Comments

Silver Eyes and Rainy Skies - Roadie



Ponyville's newest psychotherapist realizes she'll have her work cut out for her when her first patient in town is a unicorn colt who claims to have been originally a "human".

  • ...
9
 167
 5,185

PreviousChapters Next
7. From the veterinary logs of Lady Fluttershy of Ponyville, E.H.; written spring 1377.

From the veterinary logs of Lady Fluttershy of Ponyville, E.H.; written spring 1377.

It's a good thing that we returned when we did. Daisy, Lily, and Rose did well with helping with most of the animals, but when I came back to my cottage I found them hiding on the roof from Zuri the leopard. Zuri knows ponies well enough to be friendly, but I guess she must have accidentally scared the three of them. She does seem to be awfully sick, so they might have mistaken her unhappy condition for wanting to eat them.

Zuri's condition seems like a case of food poisoning, but much more severe than any of the cases I've treated here before, even for the predators who live in the Everfree. She didn't want to tell me what had happened, but after some talking she admitted that she'd eaten part of an animal she didn't recognize after stealing the kill from one of the Everfree manticores. She only ate a little of the body before she started feeling sick, so it's still in the forest.

According to Zuri, the animal was like a large monkey, or a hairless Diamond Dog. What worries me is that every creature I know of that walks on two legs has at least some fur, except for young dragons of course. Zuri is one of the nicer Everfree predators, but most of them aren't the kind of animals that would be willing to visit a pony for treatment. There may be some kind of disease spreading in the forest that we don't even know about.

I don't like the idea of going into the Everfree, but if there's a threat to the health of the animals of the region, someone needs to investigate. Zuri has already agreed to lead me to where she left the body, once she's feeling well enough again to do more than just lie down. I hope my friends will be willing to help. We may have to try and set up a full survey of Everfree animals to try and discover any spread of illness related to this.

PreviousChapters Next