• Published 18th May 2013
  • 5,185 Views, 167 Comments

Silver Eyes and Rainy Skies - Roadie



Ponyville's newest psychotherapist realizes she'll have her work cut out for her when her first patient in town is a unicorn colt who claims to have been originally a "human".

  • ...
9
 167
 5,185

PreviousChapters Next
9. From the correspondence of Ditzineathra D. H. oka-Everfree and Canaxarasvim oka-Belthuriad; mailed spring 1377.

From the correspondence of Ditzineathra D. H. oka-Everfree and Canaxarasvim oka-Belthuriad; mailed spring 1377.

... oh, and I made such a mess of it, brother! I had only wanted to apologize, and then there were the bees, and the screaming, and I couldn't bring myself to try again when I thought it might only turn out worse that time. You know the fondness I have for the ponies of Ponyville, and now I can only think that she must hate me for what I've done. Amy's tried to tell me that I'm overreacting, but I'm not, am I? I know you wouldn't mind the sudden delivery of a hive, brother, but most ponies have pickier tastes, and thinner skins, too.

That is the latest trouble, but life in Ponyville remains as wonderful as it ever has. Our respite from the usual strangeness continues, but I think that little potentate, even though he might be playing the fool, is the sign of something new coming. He's really barely even hiding. I didn't have to look at all to tell. I wanted to ask the mare if she knew, but I couldn't stand to be that rude after what I've already done to her.

Oh, how I wish you were with me to experience life here. I know you talk about liking the peace, and it's true that Ponyville is severely lacking in proper lava baths, but I still think you would enjoy yourself. There is always so much going on, even in this little quiet town, and the ponies are just so interesting. Amy and Dinky still want to meet you, you know, and my Timey might act like he's scared of the thought but I know that deep down he'd really want to make friends.

Do tell me how things are going for you, brother. You give me so little of yourself that if you give any less I'll have to come visit you! I can bring the family, and we can set up camp at your door, singing traditional pony songs and dancing traditional pony dances while all the others stare at your in-laws. Maybe we could make it a yearly tradition!

I mean it, brother. Visit, or at least write a nice long letter so that Dinkrineamara and Amethyst can get to know their uncle better. If you don't, I will come to visit you, and you know how that will end up.

PreviousChapters Next