• Published 13th May 2013
  • 3,481 Views, 342 Comments

A Vivid Dreamer - Kronoxis



Luna finds the dreams of something that doesnt belong in Equestria.

  • ...
13
 342
 3,481

Ch9: Day after Tomorrow

A Vivid Dreamer – Ch9
Day after Tomorrow

Luna and Celestia were in the dining hall, early morning, having their usual shared dinner/breakfast. As Luna looked over the table she saw her sister was actually playing with what was on her plate rather than eating it, the bags under her eyes quite visible. Luna decided it was time to share her late night discovery with her sister, so she cleared her throat before beginning, earning her Celestia’s attention.

“We believe We have some news worth sharing Tia.” Celestia slowly placed her fork back on the table before looking at her sister.

“Oh? Do share Lulu.”

“We were able to make contact with our mysterious creature last night.” Upon hearing this, a small smile began to creep along Celestia’s muzzle.

“Really? What have you learned, did you manage to find out where it is hiding?”

“We are sorry but We were not able to read his memory before we were… forcibly ejected from the dream.” Celestia’s face returned to its stoic expression used for dealing with nobles.

“’his’? And what do you mean ejected?”

A small blush worked its way across Luna’s cheeks as she recalled the fact that she was bested a second time by a dream, from the same dreamer. “We are still uncertain but We have learned a few things, such as the fact that he is a male. And more interestingly was the fact that he knew that he was dreaming.” Luna had expected a reaction at that last statement, but that gasp may have been overdoing it a little.

“You mean it was aware the whole time? How is that possible?”

“We are still uncertain; We only managed to get close to him because he believed Us to be part of the dream. As such the dream treated us accordingly; We were aboard a very peculiar vessel that would sail the stars with Us in a position of ranking above the dreamer. It wasn’t until he regarded Us with suspicion that he deduced Us to be the real Luna, it was at this point he tried to run and when We apprehended him for questioning the rest of the crew regarded our hostility as insanity and attacked Us.”

“So what were you able to learn? Were there any more of those vile abominations within that dream of its?” Celestia’s brow furrowed, Luna could tell it would still be a sore spot for some time.

“None but it was quite an interesting sight regardless. I saw a vessel that housed hundreds, possible millions, which would sail the stars with both ponies and what I believe to be humans working together.” One of Celestia’s brows was thoroughly buried underneath the flowing mane that crossed her face, before beckoning Luna to continue with her hoof. “We do not know the extent of the dream or the aspects of it as Our goal was not to learn of his dreams but to learn of him. What We have learned so far is that his name may possible be Ryan, Rosenberg or both; We are uncertain as to what was name and what was title. And that he apologises.” Celestia’s second brow followed the first.

“Apologise? For what? And for what reason?”

“He said he was sorry for the nature of his nightmare, that he had not realised his dreams would be observed. And that the cause for said nightmare was induced from work related stresses.” As Celestia’s brows returned to their places above her eyes, an almost impish grin slid to the corners of her muzzle.

“If it is working than it must be near my little ponies, and if it is near my ponies the census will catch where its hiding. Luna I don’t suppose you have any details to what this job would entail?”

“As a matter of fact We do, he mentioned a malfunctioning bellows as well as a broken hammer. We can only assume that he may possibly be working in a smithy.”

“Thank you Luna this information will greatly reduce my search. But I ask of you to return to its dreams and gather as much information as you can.”

“Are you quite certain that this is all necessary sister, while We may not have been able to read his memories his reactions were not that of a monster to be hunted. Coupled with the fact that nothing of great evil has been committed since his arrival; We believe that he does not pose the threat you believe him to be.” Celestia’s eyes narrowed as she frowned at her sister.

“Luna, one does not leave a lit lantern unattended within an occupied barn. It is either moved to a location where it can be observed… or it is snuffed out.” It was Luna’s turn to frown, this time at Celestia.

“Tia are you sure you are alright? That is not something you would usually concern yourself with.” Celestia’s gaze turned back to her unfinished food as she began rubbing her temple with a hoof.

“No it is not Lulu, my sleep has been restless. I am still haunted by the images I saw during that nightmare. Regardless I cannot allow this creature to wonder Equestria until I am certain that it does not represent a threat to our little ponies.” With that said both princesses returned to their respective meals and ate in silence. With their meals completed; Celestia went about her duties while Luna prepared for bed.

***

It had been two days since she had first made contact with the strange creature in his dreams. But now Luna couldn’t find his dreams anywhere, she had searched the entirety of the Dreamscape that was under her influence. She was beginning to become concerned, he knew she would be watching his dreams now. So either he found a way to hide his dreams or he left Equestria, both possibilities were dangerous; either because he knew magic that she herself did not, or he moved on to achieve his goals somewhere more private.

Celestia noticed the sullen look on her sister’s face as she walked into the dining hall, and with a questioning tone asked, “What seems to be the matter Lulu?”

“We are sorry that we could not help you with your own dreams sister, but we have searched the Dreamscape high and low for the dreams of our strange creature. And We have found nothing of him.” Celestia could only smile at her sister as she seated herself.

“It knows you are watching for it, so it is hiding.”

“But how could it be hiding its dreams from Us? There are no such magic that would accomplish that.”

“Tell me Lulu, when are you not able to watch other ponies dreams.”

Luna brought a hoof to her chin in contemplation, when it slowly dawned on her. “When… We are… dreaming!” Luna shot straight up knocking her chair back so hard it nearly fell over, “Thank you Tia.” Was all she could say before she teleported back to her chambers.

Celestia could only giggle to herself as her sister left without so much as touching her dinner, but that was fine for her; she got to have moon pies with her breakfast.

***

Luna was once again on her balcony preparing to enter the dreamscape. Except this time instead of her moon rising above the horizon it was her sisters sun. With her senses fading and breathing slow and shallow, Luna for the second time that day found herself on the Dreamscape.

Above her was still her moon, but that’s where the similarities ended. There were far fewer dream motes as there would have been in the night, as ponies began to wake for the day. Then there was the reflective ocean below her, it did not reflect her moon or her night sky but instead showed her sisters sun surrounded by a crystal blue sky. And there in the distance; almost like a beacon as bright as the solar orb represented below her, was the dreams of the one creature she had sought after.

“Clever boy.”

Author's Note:

A/N: So this was quite a dialogue heavy chapter for me, heres hoping it turns out well enough. and if anybody wants to know we are soon approaching a turning point in this story. if you cant figure it out i'm not telling you.

what i will tell you is the next dream will be a movie reference/crossover, and will probably be just as dialogue intensive, dont know yet still piecing it together.

Question: Why doesn't Trixie trust wheels?