Give Blueblood Some Character! 593 members · 437 stories
Comments ( 26 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 26

One thing I noticed, no one seems to know Blueblood's full name. Some say it's Prince, but that just seems unlikely.

I thought of Azimuth Blueblood the 52nd (and I like Ambit Blueblood, but I think I prefer that for his great-great-[51 more greats] grandfather or something:unsuresweetie:).

What do you think is Blueblood's full name?

His name is the world's best kept secret. Even I don't know.

1997512 I seem to keep using Leon Polaris Blueblood as his full name.

Celestias Paladin
Group Contributor

His Royal Highness Osmium Blueblood XXIII, Crown-Prince of the Kingdom of Monoceros, Heir to the Throne of Horns. Though he prefers that if he must be formal that he is to be called by the title her earned for his career, Marshall Blueblood

1997518 You'll be more convincing when lying about it if you don't know it, Your Highness :ajsmug:

1997529>>1997519 I should also ask, why do you call him that? How did you come up with the names?

Celestias Paladin
Group Contributor

You mean his first name? That's easy, he is is descendant of Princess Platinum. His family uses the names of all the Platinum Group metals, along with a few others

1997620 Oh, I just combined a few names I saw used for him. They just grew on me. I think it was Leon in "Bringing up Blueblood" and Polaris in "The Flight of the Alicorn". There's a story behind each. Leon is a reference to a French mlp comic with a little alicorn colt and Polaris referred to that star and the direction associated with the whole concept.

Prince Vladimir Blueblood, just because one of those really silly non-canon comics published in French named him so.

I've seen Vladmir used a couple times.

1997663 Now that I think about, Polaris is a really good name, though I think it seems to fit better as his mother's name. He just doesn't strike me as a "Polaris.":twilightsheepish:

1997654 I forgot that, but that would make sense. However, his special talent (judging by his cutie mark) doesn't seem to have to do with precious metals, and he doesn't carry the "Platinum" name, but the "Blueblood" one, so he may be more "Blueblood" than "Platinum." Since he has a compass cutie mark (which I assume means cartogaphy and exploration), I suggested Ambit (range, extent, boundary) and Azimuth (angle from zero on a compass, used for heading). What types of mteal do you suggest as his name?:unsuresweetie:

1997770>>1997791 Haven't you ever heard, "never trust a French-man?":trollestia:

Celestias Paladin
Group Contributor

Remember that while the name seems to be associated with their cutie mark, Word of Faust's says there isn't a connection. Osmium, Element 76, heavy and hard metal of the Platinum family.

1997770>>1997791 Looking it up, Vladimir, which means " one of great power" actually wouldn't be a bad name.

1997844 Osmium. Now that's a name I like. Strong and powerful, but still elegant and regal sounding. I might use that.:twilightsmile:

Why not just "Blueblood"? Ponies don't seem to have the personal name/family name pattern that many of the the cultures we're familiar with here on Earth go with, most of them are just named whatever. Sometimes those names fit a family "theme", as with the Apple family, but even then it's just a theme and lots of them have single-word names.

There's also been Vein and Victor (used in The Party Must Go On by HeatWave). And in the Lunaverse, the Bluebloods have been shown to have the names "Prince" and "Duke" as both were also terms for higher stations than the family held at the time.

I'm partial to either Vladimir or just Blueblood. There are several reasons:

One, as 1997770 noted, the comic. Yes it's hilariously bad, but it's not like there isn't precedent for ponies with human names.
Which brings us to a particular piece of headcanon, namely that very very old families often give their children traditionally human names. Sort of a holdover from the time when humans and ponies lived side by side. Then there's the comedic potential, as it could be his one name that he'd rather not ponies know much about^^ "Ugh, yes, it's Vladimir. Go on, laugh - laugh at the prince with the funny name." *

*Funny for ponies, that is.

His name is just Blueblood. Why would there be more?

Hey, you say, but the Apple Family, the Oranges, and the Cakes (to take a few) have first /and/ last names. To which I say - why wouldn't they?

All three of those have their last name as their profession. The Apple family... collects apples. The Oranges don't do much, just like oranges. And the cakes are made by the Cakes.

Just like all surnames did, they reflect the profession and the origin of the pony.

But then, you say, why isn't Prince Blueblood's /origin/ marked to his name?

That's simple. Like Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, his name is his royal title. His origin would not be part of that.

I say he publicly goes by Blueblood, simply Blueblood, because what ever his first or full name is, he is embarrassed about it for some reason... Kinda like how Cadance's actual name is "Princess Mi Amore Cadenza", and she prefers a shortened version.

Maybe it's the same with Blueblood.

I'm also a fan of 'Vladimir Blueblood', as it brings to mind an image of him sitting atop the throne twirling a glass with telekinesis, awaiting someone with which he can do that famous Castlevania banter to burst through the door and demand he release the princesses from wherever he's locked them up.
Then it turns out the whole thing was Celestia's idea of how to get a vacation and Blueblood drew the short straw for who would play the tyrannical usurper. :trollestia:
Bb: "Do I really look like a villain to you, Auntie?"
PC: "What else do you do around here?"
Bb: "..."

Blueblood Soluna.

How about this.

"Grand Prince Vladimir Leon Astreon Solaris Platinum Blueblood, Esquire."

Huge name for a huge ego. -w-

Alrighty, I did. It took about 3 hours and I have to edit a little more, but I hope to have the story posted tomorrow. :eeyup:

Duke Vladmir Blueblood and his rambunctious Alicorn nephew Leon will make you laugh and smile at their antics together!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 26