Give Blueblood Some Character! 593 members · 437 stories
Comments ( 215 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 215

Okay, in WiseFireCracker's thread, we spoke of what we thought Prince "Vladmir" -seriously, French branch of Hasbro?- Blueblood was like in our heads. Some think he's as shallow as we are given, much like Gilda is as much a jerk as we are given, and some think he's pretending to be a snob... and then there's the middle ground of him being a bit of both, noble and snobbish. What's the trope? Noble Bigot?

Heck, we even got to the point of 'actually a changeling because he didn't like apples', and right after that, the accusation that he's a homosexual stallion.

:ajbemused: ... Sounds legit.

Ah, but I went on long enough on covering old ground...

Now, by the thread title, I mean exploring his actual relationships with family and friends... moreso the former because many assume he lacks the latter. So... for now, the big three alicorns... or... two big, and one small...

... So, let's get exploring, shall we?

Princess Celestia - Commonly in the fandom, it has been portrayed that, troll or no troll -and especially no troll- that Princess Celestia has utter disdain for the stallion, and the writers give no real explanation, in my experience, than 'he's Blueblood'. ... Kinda weak. Personally, since he's so proud and sure of himself in canon, I choose to believe that he thinks of himself as her closest relative, even if that is not the case. I doubt she hates him at all. The only one she may hate -and if you can use "dark magic fueled by sorrow and hate", you surely got to hate something- in my mind, is Discord... but if she does hate him, she-

... Insert "GET ON WITH IT" joke, 'cause this is not solely about her.

Anyway, I choose to believe that they have a fairly close relationship... but Blueblood deludes himself into just how close they are. No offense, but... Celestia does have more closeness with Twilight Sparkle.

Next pony~!

Princess Luna - Luna, Luna, Luna... If Celestia get portrayed as having mere 'disdain' for Blueblood, Luna is often portrayed with outright malice for him because of bad first impressions, and Blueblood in turn is portrayed, usually, to never see beyond the whole story of Nightmare Moon, usually a pest if not outright antagonizing her... or completely terrified to be in her mere presence.

I do want to admit that first impressions... likely did leave Luna a bit sad, what with this flawed stallion panicking and running into a wall.

Still, I just can't see these two that close yet... but I'm curious what others have to say.

Final pony in the triad!

Princess Cadance - If not for what the story "Twilight Sparkle and the Crystal Heart Spell" revealed, I would have thought of her and Blueblood as brother and sister, the former holding a slight tinge of envy that his sister ascended to alicornhood, but not ever 'hating' her, just feeling inadequate and no longer knowing how to approach her. Others view them as cousins, with him being the overprotective in-law that clashes and butts heads with Shining Armor.

... The named story, however, tells of Cadance being an orphan pegasus whom was found by a group of Earth Ponies, and ended up saving her home from sorceress with a magic-amplifying necklace -as far as I know, not the Alicorn Amulet- and destiny apparently deciding the deed was great enough to make her an alicorn... after which Celestia quickly adopted her as a niece. ... Huh. Convenient.

... So unless that happened decades before canon and Cadance is immortal, I have NO CLUE what to think of her and Blueblood. For all I know, maybe Cadance bady-sat more than Twilight Sparkle! Maybe Blueblood was one such youth!

... Or maybe The Fiery Joker was on to something when he joked about about Blueblood being her kid.

*immediately pelted with apples* Ow, ow, cut it out! It was a joke!

Care to share your thoughts, folks?

My favourite headcannon about Celestia, is that she took upon a mission on herself, which is 'make Blueblood into a fine gentlecolt he's supposed to be', hatching plan after plan to make him better. One such plan (the last one) was back during Ticket Master, when she gave mane6 tickets mostly because she saw Rarity as the best match for him. When it backfired, she just gave up and instead of plotting behind his back, she lashed out on him and directly told him how much of a dick he is. Which surprisingly worked wonders and made him change for better. That explains why he was seen with Rarity in Sweet and Elite during the montage. I like to think it was after he apologized to her and the two left on relatively good terms.

...that actually sounds like a good story material.

Personaly I think that the relation ship between Celestia and Blueblood is Great as he sees her as the highest Royalty, remember that he said "My Royal Lips" so the one can imagine that he would see Celestia as somepony who is higher than him in status and therefor respects her. As for how Celestia fews him, I do not think that she hates him, I mean he is like almost all of the Nobles except for Fancy pants, If she can care for the snobby nobles why can't she do the same for her nephew, I am not saying she doesnt know what he does but lets face it, She isn't a flawless being and shes quite a troll :trollestia: I think if she can just ignore Discord saying he will be good only most of the time why cant she ignore her Nephews actions since they are harmless.

As for Luna....its hard to tell since neither have much character devolopment and neither have been seen interacting. I do think that he was afraid of her at the start but got used to it after a while when he realized that she has changed, But lets face it, if someone who wanted to kill everypony by ruining the plants by eternal night and suddenly turned good would you trust them? I think he may respect her like he respects Celestia but not as much because Celestia is higher. As for how Luna views him, I dont think I can tell until we see more of her, she seems to take evil like Sombra as a threat that must be taken care of but how does she view Jerks is unknown although in nightmare night she was all like"worship me and worship my flawless holiday" so they might get along.

I think that Cadence and Blueblood are the same as Drake and Josh(do you know that show?) as when cadence was interduced to the family he did not care about her while she tried to be nice to him. She seems like the type that would ignore bad manners as long as it doesn't harm anypony else. Perhabs Blueblood can get jealous of her sometimes because she has wings but he doesn't but at the same time He might not care about being an alicorn at all and enjoys being a Royal with not so many ponies relying on him as he has a lot of time in his hoofs.

But what about Shining Armor and Twilight Sparkle?
Unless he lives in another city and only visits his aunts once a year he must have atleast met those two atleast once. I do not know how he thinks of them and vice vesra as Not much is shown about Bluebloods personality and Twilight doesnt seem to care about any royal but Celestia and Cadence and while Shining and Blueblood might know eachother a lot its hard to tell like I said Bluebloods attitude torward the middle class is unknown and Shining Armor barely has character devolopment.

Hope this helped

I have my own theories.
Celestia-kinda neutral. The harsh kind of neutral that doesn't really care that it could be mistaken for hatred. She doesn't hate him. But she can't find herself particularly caring for a stallion she deems as "useless." He respects her, but doesn't quite agree with everything she does. But is secretly terrified of displeasing her when she couldn't care less.

Luna-A rocky start, being Celestia's sister and the former Nightmare Moon, but I like to think they eventually warm up to each other, perhaps even bond over their shared sentiment of filling vestigial in the royal family at some points in time.

Cadance-Now, I know from the book that Cadance was ascended at a very young age, and adopted into the royal family as Celestia's niece. For that to occur, Blueblood's parents would be the most logical ponies to adopt her. That places her as being with Blueblood as his adoptive sister for most of his life. And you can check my first story to see what I think of their relationship. I think, however close Cady is to Twi, Bb might have been much closer. She's been Cady first, Princess Cadance second for him.

Edit:
Shining Armor: I, too follow the theory that he doesn't like Shining Armor. And it could be from any amount of things. He's a "dude". He's inelegant. He's porking his big sister. She can do better. He's a nerd (IDW). He might not be leading the guard in a satisfying way for him. He's Twilight's brother. Just anything could rub him the wrong way regarding him.

Twilight: Oh, this is a toughie. Given that Cadance knew Twilight, it's obvious that they might have shared a few words, but when taking Twi's closed circuit when it came to people she loved, he might have been simply blocked off from really getting to know her. Later on, however, as she rises to prominence, she becomes this sort of enigma: a tool Celestia utilizes to solve every major problem Equestria has, with "friendship". Somepony he should loathe, maybe even work on destroying, but piques his interest.

... Celestia's not a tyrant, though... at least, in my mind. Yes, she manipulates, but... Hm... you make it sound like she views everypony as tools... and if she views Blueblood in such a light, what's to stop Luna from being the same way toward him, or rather, from being Nightmare Moon again if she treats her sister so kindly then is so dismissive of somepony else and classifies them as 'useless'? Or from Celestia treating any other pony the same way?

I like all the other thoughts you have, but... this kinda rubs me wrong. No offense.

Edit: Read the fic. It's nice and I wish it wasn't on hiatus.

I know, it's kind of a cruel way to think of her, but it's just something I speculate on when Blueblood is the only, and I mean the only pony she has some connection to that doesn't serve an apparent purpose. While she genuinely loves her sister (whether she shows it all the time or not), and needs equestria to see her as benevolent to get its citizens to trust her, Blue hits that sweet spot on her radar that's between "Not a Threat" and "Not an Asset". A place where you might as well be nonexistent.

I think I stated my view of Blueblood in the Blueblooded Torture fairly extensively. He`s crass, brash, cynical and sarcastic, and most of all - utterly distrustful and disdainful of everypony around him until proven otherwise.

I imagine that he is the "hatchetpony" for Celestia - one that makes and announces the "bad" decisions. He raises taxes, dismisses ponies from governmental work, denies applications, propositions and pleas, strips guards of their rank and generally, takes on the ugly side of the governing business. And in return, Celestia insures he gets the best in life he could possibly hope for, up to and including compete impunity, no matter what he may have had done.

I`m reasonably sure he absolutely loathes doing that, and that he is fully cognizant of how much it warps his view of fellow ponies. But if he wouldn`t, then it means Celestia will have to. So he soldiers on, knowing that despite all the crooked glances and whispered curses, the higher power knows he is doing his part in keeping everyone happy.

1764720 Now, now, the idea of him being a changeling was a plotbunny, and what do you mean the "accusation" of homosexuality? :ajbemused:

Now, this stuf aside, I really think the relationship he has with others depends on what kind of character you make him out to be. Then again, I feel there could be a few constants.

I cannot imagine Princess Celestia hating anyone. If she could propose to reform Discord, she can forgive a LOT. So, I figure that he does have a certain level of relationship with her. For me, the more he admires her, the farther apart they are. If he treats her like a god-empress, then obviously it is not a close relationship, as is Celestia's relationship with Twilight.

For Luna, it depends on how much of a jerk he is. And I do tend to think that a bad first impression would linger for a while.

My headcanon tells me Princess Cadance and him are cousins, but were quite close in their younger days and simply drifted away as they grew older. They're still fond of each other, but they can't quite see eye to eye anymore. I do completely ignore the book detailing Cadance's origin with this though.

All well and good, but I always wondered this.

Why does he a compass rose on his flank?

Is, perhaps, his talent... adventure? :trixieshiftright: If so, how do the other princesses sans Twilight fit into the backstory? And what adventures does he have when he acts like he does now?:trixieshiftright:

So many questions... :pinkiesmile:

My thoughts on that were navigation, coordination, and finding stuff. And leading others to said stuff.

You're calling him a leader?

Blueblood?

A leader?

Not fanon, LEGIT canon leader?

Surely you jest. This isn't Equestrian Knights

Comment posted by L4 deleted Sep 16th, 2013
L4

well snobby racist ponies can lead too.
Anyway we don't know enough jack to say whether he can lead or not. All we know is that he would never bother himself with a commoner and had no idea that Rarity was one of the Mare 6 of harmony. (because he couldn't treat a savior in such a manner. Then again... They only just beaten NM and nothing more.)

Fine, fine, theorized that he may be homosexual, okay? :twilightblush: Personally, I'm up for the theory that he has a marefriend.

On Celestia... I actually do see that to be a problem. From young age he felt so close to her, and it become a creepy worship of sorts as he got older... maybe. Maybe not. Either way, he hates slanderers.

Pretty much. I would think she would, like in the Nightmare Night episode, introduce herself with the ROYAL CANTERLOT VOICE!! ... Even if she was still de-powered from being blasted by the rainbow of friendship.

Hm... I'm considering writing him as Cadance's biological sibling, if I ever make a fic starring him... or a fic at all.

Huh. :rainbowhuh: I thought the same thing.

Well, yeah.

Being a jerk doesn't make you incompetent. And hell, he had to get it somehow. He sure as hell didn't buy that.

Now, who said who was a jerk? I don't believe that. Incompetent... eh, maybe. But jerk? Nah. :ajsmug:

That's a fun topic! So, let's see...

On Celestia: I'd think they have a somewhat cordial relationship, for a number of reasons.
For one, Celestia really is that friendly.
Another explanation is that he reminds her of Luna. I'll get more into that in the Luna part.

For his part, I think Blueblood either worships his Aunt (like most of Equestria), or has a less distant, more open relationship with her.
He could glorify her, put her on a pedestal exactly like she doesn't want her little ponies to. In that case, Celestia's probably a little sad, more than anything else, that even her (mortal) family feels that way about her.

Or he could be one of the few who dare see the Princess as anything less than a flawless paragon, since he might've been witness to her vulnerable moments. Maybe give her a hug when she needed to cry about her poor, lost little sister, as family would do.
I think it depends on how close they were while Blueblood grew up. He's much more likely to worship Celestia if they had limited interaction, and his immediate surroundings reinforced this worship.

On Luna: That one, I usually don't get. I've seen few authors even attempt to explain why Luna hates her nephew*; and in some cases, I can't help but conclude that they simply like Luna, and made her their mouthpiece.

One of the reasons why she could dislike him so strongly is, paradoxically, the same why she might like him- perhaps he reminds her of herself. It goes like this:
Both were/are caught up in their role as royals, while both also suffer from being- well, the less important part of royalty. Luna isn't as important as Celestia, and probably never will be. Heck, Celestia showed that she can perform Luna's role in addition to her own! And compared to Luna, Blueblood has little besides his title, and his family.

Both Blueblood and Luna are essentially blustering in order to convince others (and themselves) that they are needed, and that they are liked. Blueblood expected his date to open his doors, shield him from a puddle, and pay for his food. Luna expected the "tiny village" of Ponyville to greet her with open arms and "screams of delight", and from the looks of it, to have the mayor kiss her hoof. They even both turn their head away in indignation when things didn't go as they wanted.

So, perhaps, Luna sees something of herself in her many-times descendant. Both clinging to a an old-fashioned sense of entitlement to protect their pride. Of course, Luna has done much for Equestria... she's also done much to Equestria. Blueblood using Rarity as a cake shield wasn't nice, but he also didn't abolish one of the nation's most cherished festivals just because he felt insulted.
Perhaps she finds common ground with Blueblood; or perhaps she sees her own flaws reflected in the stallion, and despises him for being a constant reminder.

On Cadance: Cadance is much like Celestia. She probably doesn't truly hate anyone... except perhaps Chrysalis.
If anyone can find the good in other ponies, it's Cadance. Since she's also the Princess of Shipping Love, she's probably eternally frustrated that Blueblood, for all his charm and poise (and he has that when he wants to show it) just doesn't get himself a nice girlfriend.

I don't know much about her book ascension. Since it is rather obscure, I'd probably treat it like the IDW comics- ignore it when convenient. Personally, I like the thought of her and Blueblood having been siblings, and that Cadance was born an Alicorn. In that case, Blueblood probably has a serious inferiority complex. I've explained this dynamic in another thread:

Or, for a slight twist, have Cadance be his older sister, who has all the attention and the expectation foisted upon her- not only is she the elder, but an Alicorn to boot. However, since she is an Alicorn she could break out of that trap and take on a normal job as an outlet. You know, like foalsitting. And her little brother? Well, he's sorta important, but not really, and he probably loves his older sister but resents her at the same time, while she loves him and desperately wants to see him happy. Kinda like another pair or Royal Siblings we know...

However, if they did have a strong friendship growing up, it leads up to another possible dynamic, concerning~

Shining Armor: Others have already touched upon the usual, mutual disdain presented in fics. So, let me propose a possible alternative:
Cadance, Shining Armor, and Blueblood- three foals going on adventures, trying to find their special talent, and terrorising the castle- The Cutie Mark Cavaliers!

And if you're looking for a good reason why Blueblood doesn't openly disparage his lesser, Shining Armor- just imagine this:
"Bebe, stop being mean to Shining Armor!"
"Why?! He's not a royal like us!"
"Yes he is! I'm going to marry him one day, and then he'll totally be a prince, so stop being mean!"
...And the rest is history.

Lastly, a little bit of headcanon regarding Blueblood being "Princess Celestia's nephew": Perhaps he is, in fact, Luna's child.
Her great-great-etc-grandchild, to be exact.

Now Luna doesn't strike me as one who's been a mother once. But we don't really know what, exactly, Luna did before completely losing herself in her Nightmare persona. What if there was a particular stallion she secretly liked, with qualities she admired? Perhaps a powerful court wizard, or a boisterous soldier; perhaps a beloved and influential noble, or a cocky upstart commoner. What if, in an early bout of madness, she forced herself on the target of her affection, one way or another? Months afterwards, a new royal line is born- and Nightmare Moon is banished.

Celestia took pity on her niece/nephew, and took them in. Time erased most, but not all the traces of Luna/Nightmare's crime; and today, Equestria only knows that Nightmare Moon comes to steal ponies away. Perhaps not even Luna remembers- only ancient Celestia, watching over generations of her nieces and nephews, and no longer having the heart to tell their distant mother what truly happened during those dark days.

Wow. This is the longest post I've written yet. I wonder if anyone's going to willingly suffer through all that XD

That was very well-thought out. You bring up some good points.:twilightsmile:

I like it. *breaks a mug* ANOTHAH!

Old meme, I know, but I really do love all these theories and ideas of yours, Derpsby.

You are welcome.:pinkiehappy:

Also, Derpsby... on that 'really Celestia's nephew through Luna' part... it makes me wonder... I mean, didn't some mapmakers once use the stars of the night sky to determine directions and distances for maps? Hm?:pinkiecrazy:

"... Aunty, should I call her 'aunty' as well... or grandma?"

Luna faints. XD

Yeah, I haven't really thought about how many connection they have until now. I've just been focusing on Cadance or Twi.

Silly me.:facehoof:

Lol. It makes one wonder, does it not? I mean, there's already a story of Scootaloo being Celestia's foal, why not one of Blueblood being a direct descendant of Luna? :pinkiehappy:

Better than the thought of Cadance being his mom.

*hit in the nose with an apple* ... Ow.

Comment posted by Snow123 deleted Sep 17th, 2013

Hah! Good point!

Makes one wonder about his family's coat of arms, eh?
One could spin this idea even further:
Maybe Luna/Nightmare's "beloved" was the Duke of Canterlot, a traditional Unicorn city, and a vassal to Celestia and Luna. After all, the old Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters lies smack dab in the middle of the Everfree Forest- that would imply that they originally resided there, and not in Canterlot.
It's not unreasonable to think that the old Duke ultimately didn't survive this affair; either because Luna/Nightmare didn't take well to rejection, or because she used mental magic on him that proved too damaging, or heck, because he entered willingly and Celestia's followers put him down. Celestia left their old sanctuary behind. Maybe it was too damaged, or she didn't want to be reminded of her painful loss all the time. She installed the infant duke/duchess, and made Canterlot her own seat of power. Today, Celestia has resided in Canterlot for so long that ponies think it's always been like this.

And that's how Blueblood is both prince and duke: He is a Prince of Equestria (by Luna's blood), and Duke of Canterlot (family holdings from his forefather).

I think I've read... two stories that used that idea. One implied it, saying that Luna even gave "herself" so that ponies might love her. The other had Blueblood be her actual biological son, who's been kept in a perpetual magical infancy o_o

... Okay, we have eventually each got to make a fic on this. XD

As for the second one... Links? I am curious.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/84346/little-brother-our-foal-forever

That's the one with Baby Blues. The other one was on deviantart, and I don't remember the title, sorry. That was way back when Woona was still a thing.

If I could write worth anything, I might take a shot! But right now I couldn't anyway, I'm kind of in the middle of something big- not enough time.

... Though I'm really tempted. Things are falling in place wonderfully... for instance: let's say Luna/Nightmare pumped the Duke so full of love magic that he couldn't see straight, and never snapped out of, even when she was banished-
Do we know any other pony with powers over love?
One that is also a princess?
And that obviously shares Alicorn genes?
Did she inherit it from her distant mother?

Makes one wonder...

MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Lovin' the love!

Hm... well, after thinking about it for about... fifteen minutes, I decided that I may do a one-shot, two-shot, or three-chapter story entitled "My Grandma, The Moon Goddess". Chapter One would be "First Impressions", Chapter Two would be either "Adjustment" or "After the Gala", and Chapter Three would likely be after Luna returns to the castle from Nightmare Night, perhaps a little of before with Blueblood going on a tirade of how he believes the holiday -one he used to enjoy, mind you- now runs Princess Luna's name through the mud.

1764720 I'll make a story out of this! Okay okay enough ideas you ponies.

Lol. Sorry, Jackie.

I used the "hatchetpony" idea in a story, it was great food for thought, thank you! :twilightsmile:

Ah. Nothing quite pleases me as much as seeing people thinking over what I said. Good luck with that story.

Wow, a third response to the same post... I am sorry.:facehoof:

Anyway, on "My Grandma, The Moon Goddess" that I am working on, I just now had an idea for that 'after Nightmare Night' part.

"And they run your name through the mud all for sweets! Oh, Grannie, I hope they didn't treat you horribly!"

"Prin-"

"I mean, I used to enjoy the holiday myself, but that was before I learned it was dragging your good name through mud!"

"Blu-"

"All for SWEETS! Cavity-inducing sweets and incouraging foals to fear and dismiss y-"

"PRINCE BLUEBLOOD!!" Luna finally resorted to the Royal Canterlot Voice (TM), feeling she had no choice but to use it for silencing her distressed descendant. She then took a deep breath and approached the now-still stallion, gently giving him an embrace. "Prince, We had a great time, We assure you."

Ah yish, that sounds nice!
I wonder--will he react with slack-jawed surprise, or will Princess Luna come face to face with what other nobles sometimes call "Prince Shameless Backtrackblood"? XD

Or maybe he'll apologise profusely for his hasty condemnation, admiring how his beloved Grannie would never lose control or do something rash, like, oh, I don't know, try to abolish the holiday altogether.

Awkwardness Central Hoooooo!

2065650 lol. Surprise, I'm sure. XD As for awkwardness? Awesome.

2065650 Makes me wonder about the post-Gala scene...

"Must. Remove. Cake. From. Fur!"

Princess Luna blinked upon walking into her grandson's bedchambers, seeing the stallion desperately running a comb through his blonde mane... which was covered in pastry, along with his fur. "... Prince?"

The white unicorn yelped, facing Princess Luna. "Oh, um... hello, Granny."

Haha, I just imagined her looking at him disapprovingly, being all:
"Tisk tisk! Gorging yourself on cake so as to lose your wits is one of Big Sister's habits I would hope you shed."
"Granny, I assure you, it's not like that at all, it was..."
"Hum--perhaps our dear niece is right, and it truly is time to find a fitting match for you, so that she may help you along the way!"
"Oh Faust, not you too..."

2074207lol.
"But granny, it wasn't me!" He turned to face her, slightly teary-eyed. "It was that horrid white mare in her gaudy red dress!"

--

In Donut Joe's Donut Shop, Rarity did not know why, but she wanted to slowly kill a certain rude stallion.

I just noticed an epic mistake on my part. If Cadance is indeed Blueblood's sister, Luna should call her daughter as well. Gah!

What would Luna do, though? Dismiss his words? Maybe. He can be a whiny foal at times, bless his heart. Or maybe reach out to give him a hug instead:
"W~wait--granny, you can't! I'm all d~dirty, and, and.."
"Shhh, 'tis alright. Everything is alright."

That would make for a hearwarming scene. Normally I imagined Celestia in that role, but all things considered, Luna might actually fit better. For one thing, at that particular time, Celestia is sitting right next to the Murderous Mare in Red... Even so, it'd surely have been Celestia who told her sister that the prince is susceptible to Great Big Hugs.

Lol. Yep. Oh, I love writing these two interacting, don't you?

And then, moments later...

Prince Blueblood pressed himself to the base of his grandmother's neck, taking in the warmth as she provided it. True, Princess Luna was shorter than Celestia, but she was still a horse-sized pony, quite a few feet taller than the tall -for a pony- prince.

"... You really enjoy hugs, I see," the moon alicorn spoke out, staring down at the cake-covered stallion with an off expression.

"..." He chuckled, eyes closed. "Blame Auntie. I will confess, I am a spoiled stallion."

"... Indeed you are, but... you're our spoiled stallion." Luna's hoof gently pet the top of his head, "Now, let's get you cleaned up..." Her gaze hardened. "Then I can tell my dear sister how one does not use havoc, chaos, as entertainment."

--

I can imagine the 'chaos' part stinging a bit. Don't get me wrong, I like Celestia, and acknowledge that things got more out-of-hoof than she intended, but... contingency plans, 'Tia. Work on them in case of your student and her friends.

"In case of Twilight Sparkle or other related matters, break glass."

"In case of Twilight Sparkle or such related matters, break glass..." Luna paused, staring at the object on the other side of the glass case's surface. "Prince, why do you have such a labeled chest of glass? Why would matters involving Twilight Sparkle require red wine?"

"Oh... um..." Blueblood nervously chuckled. "Well, you see, Granny, my big sister, Cadance, found time to be a foal-sitter as a hobby, and... well, you must understand that Miss Sparkle, while Auntie's dear protege, is volatile when it comes to her studies and magic..." He gulped, looking off to the side as if reflecting on an old, terrifying memory. "Yes, very volatile... especially if one tries to take away a doll and force her to act her age." He slowly clapped his hooves together, not at all sure how to continue on that note.

Oh, it would definitely sting!
Plus, you know... the true danger of Celestia having mischievous, "chaotic" tendencies is the increasing plausibility of DisLestia shipping XD

Oooh boy, the sisters really know how to pick 'em.

Now that is a beautiful scene! And I could really see it happening. And it opens even more opportunities for his relatives to annoy him...
"In case of Twilight Sparkle, break glass?"
Cadance eyed the case with a raised brow, before fully turning towards her brother with a thoughtful expression.
Despite his best efforts, the prince couldn't keep himself from fidgeting.
"I thought you didn't get along with her."
"Uh..." he not-stuttered, because a prince never stuttered, "well, we~ that is, Miss Sparkle and I~ we, did have our difficulties, that's true, but..." One of his hoofs had risen to rub at the back of his neck, and he snapped it back down. Blueblood cleared his throat before continuing.
"I... merely aim to be prepared for the next time that I may have to deal with Miss Sparkle's idiosyncrasies."
Cadance hummed while contemplating his answer. There was a sparkle in her eyes, and Blueblood could see a tiny, devious smile tug at her lips.
"And these preparations include a bottle of red wine?"
She was up to something, he just knew it, but in that moment he couldn't help but step right into her trap with open eyes.
"Um, yes?"
There were teeth in her smile now, he could see. Blueblood gulped.
"Why... do you ask?"
Princess Mi Amora Cadenza answered with a dulcet laugh, before putting a wing over his shoulder and leaning her head on the other.
"Oh, no reason, Be-Be. No reason. I just thought about asking an old friend to visit us sometime. And maybe buying some nice candles before she does. You know," she giggled,"for 'preparations'!"

Incidentally, the IDW comics have Cadance actually using charts for measuring romantic compatibility!

Be afraid, Blue... be very afraid...

Keep in mind the scene is shortly after the Gala, before Discord's return or his even later reform. XD

As for the 'beautiful scene'. X3 And thus, Blue's reaction.

The white stallion sighed as Cadance trotted away, waiting until she was out of sight before giving the glass case a slight tap with a hind hoof. It shattered quite easily, leaving room for the Prince to lift and uncork the bottle with his magic... right before he started to chug directly from it.

Agh, finally getting around to answering properly! So sorry, the last couple of days have been completely whack.

Heh, this version of Blueblood really does take after Luna, doesn't he? Have you seen Equestria Girls yet? Take a look at this scene and Luna's sh*t-I-put-up-with face in particular:

While we're at it: Blueblood is often cast as the villain in stories. In such stories, he's put in direct opposition to Princess Luna even more often than against Celestia. This Blueblood's usually of a typical villlain variety; I can remember only two stories wherein it was a case of insanity rather than evil, and with one of them, the author actually forgot that it was insanity and not Blueblood being evil for evil's sake by the time he wrote the sequel.

So, Blueblood being pitted against Luna is a common theme. Sometimes, their fight isn't in the open, with Celestia not noticing her family tearing into each other; usually due to obfuscation by Blueblood, who wants to keep his aunt in the dark about his deeds.

bonsey made an interesting observation regarding this topic. Here's the quote:

...You know, I've never seen anyone explore the idea that Blueblood resents Luna because Luna was a genocidal moon goddess who hurt his Aunt Celly. It could actually add depth to his character; he can't be the only pony leery around the Princess who was willing to condemn the entire world to a slow, freezing death just because she was feeling pissy.

He's absolutely right. I've never seen that side explored either, yet I find it a believable scenario. Even if he is as self-centered as a gravity well, the one pony he most likely cares about in addition to himself is Princess Celestia. He would be an ideal candidate for fighting Luna on the grounds that, while Celestia forgave her, not everypony else did—some ponies might still grudge her for hurting their beloved ruler. And with Blueblood, it's not just that, it'd be a matter of family... to protect Celestia, his beloved aunt, above and beyond even her own wishes.

Lol. Oh, that face.

... Yeah, I can see that angle being explored, but again, I'm the person whom thinks he grew up with hero-worship of Luna. Who knows?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 215