Humans Aren't Bastards 4,068 members · 211 stories
Comments ( 41 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 41

Have you ever come across an idea so ridiculously stupid you're like "why does that even exist"?

I got one... Relationship counselling.

What is the point? If you need relationship counselling then you shouldn't be in that relationship.

Buying bottled water.

No, not bottled water, but actually buying it. The guys making SmartWater and shit are geniuses. People are just stupid. Hell, at my old school, they sold bottled water for $1.50 at the cafeteria (SmartWater specifically was like $2). Also in the cafeteria was a vending machine which sold sodas and bottled water for $1.

...All this next to a drinking fountain.

I was an ex-marine soldier in the US-Army.

I'm not fucking joking, that is a direct quote from a fic on this site.

That is wrong in so many ways.
There's no such thing as a former Marine.

That is true as well.

People who don't like Filthy Frank

3353759 No there is, if he got a 'Big Chicken Dinner' many consider him a former Marine, and then the Army took him?

Pretty much anything being sold in a commercial that opens with, "Do you have trouble with [simple task that only a complete moron would have trouble with]?"

Also, pharmaceutical advertising generally strikes me as odd. I don't need tv commercials telling me to ask my doctor for [insert drug here] for diseases I don't have. Besides, 5-10 years from now, those same drugs will be listed by lawyers in commercials promising legal compensation for prescriptions gone wrong. They spend all that money convincing people to browbeat their doctors into writing prescriptions for drugs they don't need, and when problems inevitably occur, the lawyers move in and start suing anyone with a lab coat.

That's just something recruiters say to get young kids who don't know any better to sign paperwork. Once you get out, nobody gives a shit what branch you were in (at least not the kind of people you'd invite to parties).

Here's a crazy idea. Let's agree that both sexes have equal rights, then have separate bathrooms for the other gender. No divide based on gender there... :rainbowderp:

Interestingly, my alma mater is now allowing mixed-gender dorm rooms (officially; unofficially, they've been a thing for a while now).

As for the bathrooms, I find it interesting that some nudist resorts have gender-segregated bathrooms, but common showers.

3353585 Packaging inside of packaging. In some cases, there are three or more layers.

3353585 Execution as a punishment for attempted suicide.

3356609 wtf has this actually happened

Ahahahahaha

Do you realize the reason the punishment for suicide is death is so that Police and enter your house without a warrant to try to save you? None of those cases actually go through to court.

Well, you know, unless you leave the Marines.

Mothafuckin' FilthyFrank. What a guy.

lordvad3r95
Group Contributor

3353585 Alvin and the Chipmunks. The CGI movies, at least.

Because when you piss and shit, it's not something you want to see the other sex doing. I don't want to have to take a shit and hear a giggling girl in the stall next to me. And besides, mixing genders in the bathroom is a horrible idea and a lawsuit waiting to happen.

3356712 There was a church that did that because they believed that if you did suicide you wouldnt go to paradise, but execution was supposed to be a different story. According to them, they were saving his/her soul. Or something like that. >_<

3359708 You used similar arguments against unisex restrooms as the arguments that were used to support separate restrooms for black people. If that is a valid reasoning, then maybe we should go back to having separate restroom for black people.

And just to be on a safe side, let’s also make separate restrooms for Asians and Eskimos. Lets dedicate half of space of every existing building for separate restrooms. We're sure to avoid any potential giggling and lawsuit that way. :trixieshiftleft:

You used similar arguments against unisex restrooms as the arguments that were used to support separate restrooms for black people. If that is a valid reasoning, then maybe we should go back to having separate restroom for black people.

Wow, playing the race card much?

And just to be on a safe side, let’s also make separate restrooms for Asians and Eskimos. Lets dedicate half of space of every existing building for separate restrooms. We're sure to avoid any potential giggling and lawsuit that way. :trixieshiftleft:

You know what? You're right! But why stop at bathrooms? Let's make locker rooms unisex as well! Let's ban all-boys/girls schools as well. Even though it's proven that Guys and Girls learn better without the opposite sex present! We don't want to make them feel different! Do we?

Actually, let's also make prisons unisex! Let's put the women in with the violent, murderous rapists!

Actually, why stop at sex? Let's not have juvie anymore! Let's put that twelve year old in with the pedophile!

No! You're just being a politically correct douche who's only defense is the race card. Like I give a shit if I get called racist. The race card doesn't work on me.

There are some things that you just keep separate. I mean... if I was a female, I wouldn't want to walk into a unisex public bathroom!

Lets dedicate half of space of every existing building for separate restrooms.

You really are a dumbass. Is this really all you can do? Try to make look bad and destroy my credibility by making me look like a racist?

I would'nt want my non-existant middle school daughter to walk into a bathroom with thirteen year old guys. I know what they do in the bathroom. They fuck around. They peer over the sides of the stall.

I wouldn't want my daughter coming home to tell me that she got peeped on.

Honestly, I can't tell if you're being serious, or you're being a troll. Hopefully you don't actually believe this.

If you do believe, then know this. You're a PC douchebag who is going to get butthurt at everything.

Swedish Feminist are trying to ban urinals.

Thank you, Based Kabar

Based Kabar

I'm sorry, I don't follow. :unsuresweetie:

He's calling you based.

What is based?

Wow, playing the race card much?

It was meant as a legitimate argument. Dismissing it, won't make it go away. I don't see a difference between the racism that I mentioned and your sexism. It's the same reasoning for the exact same thing.

You're right! But why stop at bathrooms? Let's make locker rooms unisex as well!

I agree. Why teach people separation? We should, instead, do everything in our power to teach people to coexist with each other. Separations such as this have the exact opposite effect.

Let's ban all-boys/girls schools as well. Even though it's proven that Guys and Girls learn better without the opposite sex present! We don't want to make them feel different! Do we?

Exactly. If we want both genders to cooperate and insure equality we should start at young age.

The same reason for separate schools could be used for separated workplaces. Why hire a woman if statistics show that your collective will be less effective because of a woman joining.

So let's only hire men. Women can hire women for their collectives. I'm sure that would lead into a very productive society full of gender equality.

Actually, let's also make prisons unisex! Let's put the women in with the violent, murderous rapists!

The point of prisons isn't to punish people. It's to reeducate them and deter others from doing such crimes. If prison does its job well, then they will change violent, murderous rapists. Separating them from their former pray isn't helping with that.

If you want to include a rapist back into the society (they all get released eventually) then you better have a system that changes rapists. And if you have such a system there shouldn't be a problem with an ex-rapist being in proximity to women. It would indeed make much more sense to introduce rapist to their former pray in a controlled environment.

Prisons should ensure the safety for the inmates. I don't see why it would be okay for a male inmate to get raped.

Actually, why stop at sex? Let's not have juvie anymore! Let's put that twelve year old in with the pedophile!

Again, if the prison does its job well, then pedophile should be able to coexist with children. Releasing a fox among your chicken is not the way to domesticate a fox. It's much better to introduce chickens to the fox in a controlled environment. You can't teach a fox to not hurt chickens without introducing chickens to the fox at some point.

No! You're just being a politically correct douche who's only defense is the race card. Like I give a shit if I get called racist. The race card doesn't work on me.

You haven't stated any opinions about races, so I don't know how you stand in that regard. You've stated clearly that you want to ensure gender separation, however. I do not agree with that.

I think both genders should have equal rights and should be integrated into the society as equals, regardless of the gender. If you don't want people to be separated based on their gender, then not separating them based on their gender is how you get there.

There are some things that you just keep separate.

That is your opinion and some of us may not agree with it.

I mean... if I was a female, I wouldn't want to walk into a unisex public bathroom!

I live in a society where I can't use restrooms of the majority of the population. I have to use separate restrooms. If a member of the majority of the population tells me that walking into a restrooms that are meant for minority of the population, feels uncomfortable then that's just salt in my wound.

This is like firing a woman from her workplace, then telling her that you fired her because you weren't comfortable with her being a woman. It won't help. She'll still think she was wronged, even more so if you use that argument on her.

If there's a problem between two groups, we should adress that problem and solve it, not seperate the groups for eternity.

You really are a dumbass. Is this really all you can do? Try to make look bad and destroy my credibility by making me look like a dumbass.

I didn't even mention you in my argument. I only ridiculed the argument because I found it to be ridiculous. You, on the other hoof, are calling me names. I don't find name-calling to be productive in any debate, so I, for one, will not sink to that level.

I would want my non-existent middle school daughter to walk into a bathroom with thirteen year old guys. I know what they do in the bathroom. They fuck around. They peer over the sides of the stall.

I'll use your argument on a different scenario: Because parents don't particularly like the Republican friend of their child, we should all have separate schools for Republicans and Democrats? It makes sense, because these parents know how Republicans are like. They are different than Democrats and that could lead into Democrats getting hurt by the Republicans. So let's just separate them. Problem solved, right?

Honestly, I can't tell if you're being serious, or you're being a troll. Hopefully you don't actually believe this.

I'm serious. I'm not being a troll. I believe this.

If you do believe, then know this. You're PC douchebag who is going to get butthurt at everything.

I think there was less buthurt in my post then there was in yours.

Exactly. If we want both genders to cooperate and insure equality we should start at young age.

You can't be serious. So... even though they make better grades, and most single sex schools are high schools...

I'm not even going to finish that statement.

The same reason for separate schools could be used for separated workplaces. Why hire a woman if statistics show that your collective will be less effective because of a woman joining.

There's a difference between the education of teenager, and the work ethic of adults.

If you want to include a rapist back into the society (they all get released eventually) then you better have a system that changes rapists. And if you have such a system there shouldn't be a problem with an ex-rapist being in proximity to women. It would indeed make much more sense to introduce rapist to their former pray in a controlled environment.

:facehoof:
You can't be this stupid. You really can't. You think prison is a controlled environment?

I don't see why it would be okay for a male inmate to get raped.

It's not okay, but the majority of rapists tend to be straight. Putting a women in a small cell is a horrible idea.

Again, if the prison does its job well, then pedophile should be able to coexist with children. Releasing a fox among your chicken is not the way to domesticate a fox. It's much better to introduce chickens to the fox in a controlled environment. You can't teach a fox to not hurt chickens without introducing chickens to the fox at some point.

You think you can control a pedophile? It's a sexual attraction. It's like trying to tell a gay guy he can't have sex with another guy.

You don't introduce a fox to chickens (If you do, you're a horrible farmer). You kill the fox. In this case with pedophiles, it's metaphorical.

You haven't stated any opinions about races, so I don't know how you stand in that regard. You've stated clearly that you want to ensure gender separation, however. I do not agree with that.

Ensure gender separation in certain areas. Like bathrooms, and changing rooms, and prisons. Especially prisons.

And even though I said nothing about race in the original comment, you immediately started complaining about it.

I think both genders should have equal rights and should be integrated into the society as equals, regardless of the gender. If you don't want people to be separated based on their gender, then not separating them based on their gender is how you get there.

And I've got no problem with this. If women want to fight in the frontlines, go ahead! If they want to mine! Go ahead! But we've been shown that women and men living in close proximity to each other (Say... a barrack or a ... prison cell. Does not turn out well. Usually for the woman.)

I live in a society where I can't use restrooms of the majority of the population. I have to use separate restrooms.

You do realize that men and women are roughly equal in the population category, right? Men have to use a separate bathroom as well.

This is like firing a woman from her workplace, then telling her that you fired her because you weren't comfortable with her being a woman. It won't help. She'll still think she was wronged, even more so if you use that argument on her.

You keep making these horrible comparisons. There is a fucking difference between firing a woman. And a woman using a different room to take motherfucking shit in.

If there's a problem between two groups, we should adress that problem and solve it, not seperate the groups for eternity.

You go into the bathroom to take a shit or a piss. This would in no way solve anything.

Hey, Mary! Guess what!
What Sue?
I just created world peace by making men and women shit in the same room!
I'm sorry... what?
I made single sex bathrooms illegal.
So, I have to shit and do other female things with guys in that bathroom? How did that make world peace?
Yes! Because I said it did!
Sue, you're an idiot and I don't know why I was ever your friend. Don't talk to me. Ever again.

I'll use your argument on a different scenario: Because parents don't particularly like the Republican friend of their child, we should all have separate schools for Republicans and Democrats? It makes sense, because these parents know how Republicans are like. They are different than Democrats and that could lead into Democrats getting hurt by the Republicans. So let's just separate them. Problem solved, right?

Here we go with the horrible comparisons again. There's a fucking difference between sex and parties.

You can't be serious. So... even though they make better grades, and most single sex schools are high schools...

I'm not even going to finish that statement.

I am serious. Maybe the gender isn’t even the reason for lower grades. Perhaps the separation is the reason. Boys perceive girls to be different because society keeps forcing that dogma into them.

Imagine yourself being in a class at school. A new student joins the class and sits near you. Would you pay the same amount of attention to the teacher if this new student was a pony?

Probably not, because you perceive them to be different. However, if you’ve lived your entire life with ponies and you’d be equal in every regard (except for them being ponies) then you wouldn’t even notice the fact that a new student is a pony. You’d perceive the pony the same way you’d perceive any other student in your school.

As for the gender excluding schools being better. Private schools have higher tendencies to separate sexes, because they care about finances, and in turn, they care about parents’ sexist views. As private schools host better teachers it’s logical that children get a better quality of education.

There's a difference between the education of teenager, and the work ethic of adults.

I’m not sure there is. I wouldn’t prejudge people based on their age.

:facehoof:

You can't be this stupid. You really can't.

Well, you’ve already established for yourself that I’m stupid by calling me dumbass.
Dumbass: A stupid person; used to express a low opinion of someone's intelligence.

If my arguments are a reflexion of my stupidity, then so be it. The great thing about the arguments is, that they can stand on their own, regardless of the person making them, so I don’t need to defend against personal attacks, though I do find them unnecessary and uncalled for.

My suggestion would be, to stick to the relevant points and not the person making them. If I’m incapable of making any valid arguments it would automatically infer that I’m stupid, anyway. If you disprove my arguments you don’t even have to call me names anymore, wouldn't that be nice?

You think prison is a controlled environment?

If it’s not, then it should be and we should fix that issue instead of patching it by being sexist to inmates.

It's not okay, but the majority of rapists tend to be straight. Putting a women in a small cell is a horrible idea.

So, let’s judge individual based on a group that he belongs to. I do not agree with this mind-set.

Rapists get released eventually.

It really doesn’t help much if you protect chickens for one day, then let a fox in the henhouse the next day.

You think you can control a pedophile? It's a sexual attraction. It's like trying to tell a gay guy he can't have sex with another guy.

There are some heterosexual men that don’t tend to rape a woman when she doesn’t want to have sex with them.

Just because pedophiles are attracted to kids doesn’t mean that anyone, who is attracted to children rapes them as well.

You don't introduce a fox to chickens (If you do, you're a horrible farmer). You kill the fox. In this case with pedophiles, it's metaphorical.

Well, if killing the fox is an option, then that would indeed solve the problem of that particular fox.

So, your solution would be to control all pedophiles until they die?

Ensure gender separation in certain areas. Like bathrooms, and changing rooms, and prisons. Especially prisons.

Small sexism is still sexism. Sexism is wrong. That’s how I view it.

And even though I said nothing about race in the original comment, you immediately started complaining about it.

We have an issue we don’t agree on. A wise thing to do in such cases is to search for similar scenarios where the issue has been resolved. If we can both agree on that scenario, then by reflection from that scenario to the issue at hand we could potentially find a common ground.

I only brought up racism as an example. I stated no personal opinion toward it. I could be the biggest racist on the world as far as you know.

And I've got no problem with this. If women want to fight in the frontlines, go ahead! If they want to mine! Go ahead! But we've been shown that women and men living in close proximity to each other (Say... a barrack or a ... prison cell. Does not turn out well. Usually for the woman.)

If everyone knew that all restrooms were so riddled with germs and that everyone would have 100% chance of getting infected by using it, then fixing the germ problem would be a logical thing to do. Not forbidding everyone from using restrooms for eternity.

If a woman wants to go to a unisex prison, I don’t see a reason to deny her that right. However, society, as it is now, does deny her that right and she gets marginalized based solely on her gender. I find that to be wrong.

You do realize that men and women are roughly equal in the population category, right?

Where I come from, the majority population are women. But it doesn’t even matter. Even if majority of people are white it still doesn’t mean that everyone in the black minority should have less rights (Yey, I used the racism card again).

Men have to use a separate bathroom as well.

Yes. That unjustified separation based on gender is what sparked our debate.

You keep making these horrible comparisons. There is a fucking difference between firing a woman. And a woman using a different room to take motherfucking shit in.

Yes, there is a difference. One example has little sexism while the other one has more of it. I think sexism is wrong.

You go into the bathroom to take a shit or a piss. This would in no way solve anything.

"Hey, Mary! Guess what!"

"What Sue?"

"I just managed to reduce public spending while eliminating sexism at the same time."

"Awesome, Sue! Keep up the good work and someday we'll save the world."

Here we go with the horrible comparisons again. There's a fucking difference between sex and parties.

But there is a common denominator in both scenarios. Separation is bad.

Both of you are being really stupid.

I'm not sure which is worse, Kabar's trolling, OP's trolling, or anyone else falling for it.

3360652 Wait, 3360474 was trolling? :rainbowderp:

I didn't see this coming, I truly didn't. :fluttershyouch:

If he really was trolling then it, indeed, would be very stupid of me not picking up on it.

Alternatively, we could - you know - grow the fuck up.

if it helps, I think that there should be separate facilities for people of the black race, because they tend to infiltrate white spaces in order to commit crimes very often. It's a proven fact.

I kinda agree, at least when it gets expensive. I just drink a cup strait from the tap. :derpytongue2:

Not to mention bottled water is often just tap water. It's not better for you in any respect.

I dunno, I noticed the water from my tap tasted better, actually. :trixieshiftright:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 41