Humans Aren't Bastards 4,067 members · 211 stories
Comments ( 23 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 23
RandomEncounter
Group Admin

Here in the Humans Aren't Bastards group we tend to try and keep a largely hands off approach. Too much moderation could stifle honest discussion. That said, however, sometimes the moderators here will (and do) take action. Below is a list of general guidelines for the forums here. By posting in the Humans Aren't Bastards group you automatically agree to adhering to these simple guidelines. Ignorance of the rules is no excuse.

Forum Rules

Rule One - Don't annoy other users intentionally. :raritydespair:

Sometimes debates get heated and that happens. However, if another user concedes a point to you or tells you they are unwilling to debate anymore, then that debate is over. Not asking for much here, just to know when to quit. There is no point in beating a dead horse!

Rule Two - Trolling/Spamming will lead to moderation on our part. :eeyup:

Getting spammed is not fun for anyone and we will not tolerate it. Trolling the group for whatever reason is also frowned upon. Ultimately it is up to a moderator to determine the appropriate response, but more than likely doing these things will lead to deletion of any offending threads and a possible ban.

Rule Three - Don't be a bastard. :ajbemused:

No, seriously... don't be a bastard! That's kind of the name of this group, so yeah... makes sense, right? Be nice, respectful, and try to avoid blatantly breaking the rules of the forum. Things like calling out specific stories and/or authors falls into this category. If you aren't sure about something try to remember the Golden Rule.

One final note on this point, most of the moderators here feel that we shouldn't really have to define what constitutes being a bastard because that would seem to be common sense. As it is, however, we find ourselves having to sometimes remind people. Please use some sense when posting in the forums.

Rule Four - Please keep all feedback and concerns in the appropriate thread! :yay:

To cut down on the number of threads, there is now a single feedback thread to post your ideas and concerns in. If you post a thread that should go here it will be deleted. It's not that we hate your idea, but we'd like to keep the thread count down a little. You can find the thread here: Feedback and Suggestions

Final Words

I would just like to point out one more thing. Administrators have sole discretion to decide whether or not threads and users belong in this group. We seldom have to delete threads or ban users, but ultimately it is our prerogative when doing so. I speak for all the administrators when I say that we do not like having to use our ban option. Also, it is well within our authority to amend or add rules as needed (something new always seems to come along.) And finally we ask that if a moderator does have to do some moderation that you treat them with respect; we do this on our own time for free and would rather not have to deal with attitudes while doing this service to the forums.

With that said, please enjoy the group. If you have any questions about our moderation, please send a PM to one of the five moderators (Anrodos, RandomEncounter, DustTraveller, Invictus, GIULIO, Velkaden). Thank you for taking the time to read the forum rules and please have a nice day!
:twilightsmile:

Is it sad if the first rule that came to mind upon reading the title was "Rule [Insert number here] Don't be a bastard. I guess I'm getting predictable these days.

There is no point in beating a dead horse!

I see what you did there.

Why does the link to Invictus link to a story?

TMH
TMH #5 · Feb 7th, 2013 · · ·

tl:dr
Use common sense.

Carry On

RandomEncounter
Group Admin

Whoops? :twilightoops:

Edit: Fixed!

Good... Hopefully it shall keep "Them" out...
If not... Bring out the "Hammer".

you mean this one?

Did you want a forum rule that states: "Threads made within this group must somehow be related to humans, ponies, and not being bastards"? This is the "Humans Aren't Bastards" group and there's no rule saying that our forum topics must have something to do with the group. If intended, then cool, but I just wanted to point that out.

RandomEncounter
Group Admin

Generally we don't see too much of people making off topic threads. If it becomes a problem though, we can simply add that rule.
:raritywink:

698012 Ehhh... A little bigger, but otherwise fine.

Permanent Temporary
Group Contributor

Can we possibly add the rules "don't post pictures of harlequin babies" and "don't let Night Dreams join the group"?
Okay, that last one is a bit much, but the first one...?

Professor Plum
Group Contributor

"don't let Night Dreams join the group"

I'm 100% behind that rule.

GIULIO
Group Admin

Really, this is pretty much in effect in the ACB group. Why isn't it a rule already on this group?

Permanent Temporary
Group Contributor

782058 782068

But seriously, how many extra chances have we given this guy already now...?
At least four? That's three too many.

ALSO, if we don't find some way to deal with Night Dreams for good: everybody, get ready for the impending spam attack...

Professor Plum
Group Contributor

Seriously, how many chances have we given this guy?

Too many :ajbemused:

>mfw Night Dreams joins the group

In my mind, a ban is a ban. If an account is found to be an alt of a banned user, that one gets banned too, no questions asked. There are ways to reinstate yourself that don't involve circumventing the rules just to post your insincere mea culpa threads.

GIULIO
Group Admin

I think that Night Dream's used up all of his chances to redeem himself. Why not save us the trouble and just ban him on sight?

RandomEncounter
Group Admin

782054 782058 782068 782081 782085
To be perfectly honest he did exactly as we expected, though I wanted to give him one last chance to see what he would do with merely a warning. I even had Anrodos reply to my post in his thread to make him aware that two mods were watching his actions. Basically we kept watching notifications immediately once we saw his 'apology' thread. I would be lying if I would say we were surprised. So yeah, we're keeping a watch out for him and will respond in a much different manner towards that user from now on.

Edit: On a side note, those types of posts falls under rules one, two, and three. Broad rules give much leeway to interpretation.
:twilightsmile:

Permanent Temporary
Group Contributor

That was kind of a joke in response to the frequency of that specific breach of the rules...

RandomEncounter
Group Admin

Oh I know. Just felt I would mention that though because I realized he violated 75% of the forum rules in one go. I mean, at least it leave no room for doubt...
:trixieshiftright:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 23