The Lunaverse 2,571 members · 202 stories
Comments ( 37 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 37
Rixizu
Group Contributor

I got this idea from The Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest. The challenge is simple. You must create a paragraph or sentence 100 words or less that begins with 'It was a dark and stormy night'. It must be set in the Lunaverse naturally and it can be about whatever you want, within reason. I was thinking of collecting them all together and publishing them in one story. Each chapter contains an entry. Is anyone interested? Multiple entries are allowed.

This is my entry:

It was a dark and stormy night and Dinky laughed manically because soon her ultimate creation would be complete, her reign would begin soon and nothing could possibly stop her. Not Princess Luna, not Corona, no pony what so ever and yes, this included her mom! Everypony completely fell for her cutesy goody-goody act; little did they know that she would be their future princess, no queen and master! Dinky put the final Lego piece on top of her robot’s head. Now all she needed to do was make it come alive and giant. Being evil is hard.

InsertAuthorHere
Group Admin

It was a dark and stormy night, and Raindrops was happy. She bounced from one puddle to the next, splashing with enough force to coat her legs in fresh mud. She opened her mouth to sing...and then yelped as a crash of thunder struck from just above her. Slowly, she turned her head skyward. From a small hole in the clouds, Rainbow Dash glowered at her. "Okay, you had your fun. Now get back to work!" Raindrops sighed, flapped her wings, and flew back to the cloud level to resume moving the storm to where it was needed.

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

It was a dark and stormy night, with lightning flashing and thunder crashing all around Ponyville for reasons that probably made sense to the weather pegasi, but which Lyra had never really been able to grasp. Lightning and thunder frightened her and always had. As an adult she was able to hide it, but when it was the wee hours of the night and she was alone she found herself quivering with fear – at least, until Bon Bon leaned in closer to her and wrapped her in her hooves. As long as she was around, everything would be okay.

Alchemystudent
Group Contributor

It was a dark and stormy night, the windows of the representive house rattling due to the force of the storm. Trixie sat back in her chair, just watching the rain while drinking her burbon. Suddently, she heard a faint crying from outside and went to look for it. When she opened the door, a black and white blur ran past her. Turning around, she glared at the intruder, a shivering and wet skunk. Her heart melted at the sight, and decided that the thing would stay for the night.

--------

I should really stop reading getting back on her hooves stories. I just like the idea of Trixie owning a skunk or a fox.

It was a dark and stormy night with the wind whipping rain through the trees of Ponyville like some terrifying monster, out to torture every creature unfortunate enough to be caught in its cruel embrace. Trixie could not care less. She was snug under the covers in her Residence bed, with a cup of hot chocolate keeping warm on her nightstand by a clever spell she had just learned yesterday. Nothing could possibly disturb her comfort — except for the crash of a tree branch coming through a window and her resulting scream of "Dammit, Rainbow Dash!"

Rixizu
Group Contributor

I create the story and uploaded every entry so far(Sorry Georg, but your entry needs to be one paragraph). Now all I need to do is have enough entries for 1000 words so I can submit it.

Personally I think this is the best entry so far.

Talon and Thorn
Group Contributor

It was a dark and stormy night, but that didn’t stop Lyra. She slogged through the wind swept streets. Stopping beneath the imposing form of her love’s home the unicorn flipped her sodden mane out of her eyes as she started to strum her lyre. She let all her passion flow out into her greatest ever creation. When she was done she stood there, panting. Slowly the window above her slid open and a mare stuck her head out her glasses quickly steaming up in the chill. “Bon Bon’s room is on the other side of the house,” said Honeydew.

It was a dark and stormy night, and the wind tore the Weather Control Central Command dispatch from Derpy's hoof before she could read it. It didn't matter, really. The rain had already hopelessly smeared the words "Clear away storm clouds to allow full moonlight through."

RK_Striker_JK_5
Group Contributor

It was a dark and stormy night. Cheerilee darted from alley to alley, looking up at the clouds and shaking her hoof at them. In particular, one lone mare bouncing up and down on the rain clouds caught her ire and anger. "Raindrops, for the love of liquor I'm trying to get to Berry's Bar! Quit it!"

Rixizu
Group Contributor

Actually, the entry needs to be a single paragraph. It adds a little extra challenge.

InsertAuthorHere
Group Admin

It was a dark and stormy night. Normally, such a thing would be beneath Princess Luna's notice. She was always far too busy attending to more important matters to pay attention to the sky, outside of making certain the moon and stars were up. But now, as she sat in the pouring rain, surrounded by soggy ponies and wet papers, she could not help but heave a great sigh. "Next time," she said to nopony in particular, "I'm going to check the weather report before deciding to hold court outside."

Talon and Thorn
Group Contributor

It was a dark and stormy night outside, but in the Posey mansion it was warm and dry as two intertwined figures led in front of a roaring fire. Baron Mounty Max had planned to go to his friend Baron Mellow Dramatic’s bachelor party, they were to have visited one of Canterlot’s less reputable locals, where young mare’s danced on tables in socks but the terrible weather had forced Mellow to cancel it. Still, this was even nicer. Duchess Fragrant Posey snuggled closer to her coltfiend thinking that there were certain advantages to being the minister of weather.

RK_Striker_JK_5
Group Contributor

It was a dark and stormy night. In fact, it was so dark and stormy that everyone died. The end!

Rixizu
Group Contributor

Sorry, but you are going to have to try hard than that.

Thanks. Your entry has been added.

La Vallett1
Group Contributor

It was a dark and stormy night, winds whistled through Dinky's bedroom window. Dinky could not sleep due to the storm and was scared of the loud sounds of thunder. Noticing this, Ditzy went inside her daughter's room and decided to calm her down with a mug of hot chocolate and a bedtime story about a unicorn filly who grew up to become a princess whose role is to spread friendship. Dinky calmed down afterwards and fell asleep. Ditzy kissed her and left her daughter's room.

Rixizu
Group Contributor

I'm still not going to accept it.

La Vallett1
Group Contributor

4667926 What about mine?

*Looks at OP*
Oh, you weren't just holding a thread activity, you actually meant to make a story from these, my mistake. I just thought it was a fun little game.

Rixizu
Group Contributor

Already added it.

It is a fun game. It's just one that needs a little effort and thought put into it. It's just a fun writing exercise.

Talon and Thorn
Group Contributor

As I saw we're only 20 words from publishing

It was a dark and stormy night, which Corona took as a personal insult. Angrily she shook a hoof at the sky as rain hissed, evaporated as it struck her fiery mane. She swore that when she returned to her rightful place her beloved sun would never be overcome by the darkness in this way and that the weather was always to her liking. The storm didn’t seem to care, it fell equally on the powerful and the weak. Stymied, the solar tyrant turned and stomped back into her lair grumbling her complaints against the world.

Rixizu
Group Contributor

Thanks. Now all we need to do is wait for it to be approved.

Talon and Thorn
Group Contributor

Are there problems with approval or are you waiting for more entries?

Rixizu
Group Contributor

I submitted it almost 2 days ago...and it still hasn't been approved for some reason. Not sure what's going on.

Talon and Thorn
Group Contributor

Odd, on most occasions I've had my stories approved in a few hours. Maybe they're not sure what to do about the short chapters and multiple writers but that's not that uncommon.

Rixizu
Group Contributor

Should I email the administrator about this or wait? It might be a technical error.

Talon and Thorn
Group Contributor

I'd probably wait a bit longer, maybe until it's been 48 hours in case there's just a long queue at the moment then PM someone about it.

Talon and Thorn
Group Contributor

If you havn't already I'd probably ask if there's an issue with the approval after this time.

Rixizu
Group Contributor

It looks like this can't be accepted because:

Your story Lunaverse 'It was a dark and stormy night' challenge has failed moderation on FimFiction for the following reason: This is hard to prove is a story and not just something that belongs in a forum game. Collabs are one thing, as the submissions are all usually stories of some substantial length; this here though is just not much at all.

I can't rightly approve this, as each part is far too short for this to stand on its own as a full submission, sorry.

Sigh.

RK_Striker_JK_5
Group Contributor

4678646 Considering some of the things I've seen get accepted...

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

That kind of sucks...

Still, it was a fun thing to write.

Rixizu
Group Contributor

Well, no one said we have to stop. We just can't have it officially published I guess. If anyone wants to continue go ahead. I would love to read another one of your RainbowDoubleDash,

Talon and Thorn
Group Contributor

That's a shame, oh well.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 37