Protect Celestia 1,946 members · 1,762 stories
Comments ( 91 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 91

Thanks! I'll add it in. I think it fits -- Celestia's mistake is treated as something she learned from, to make her the character we know in the series.

I'm leaving, see ya'...I'm not sure what that story is doing in this group. It is not the Celestia we know and love.

I replied to CP for you. Chances are it was spam and nobody noticed it slip in.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

Oh blood hell, that one? Ok how bad is it?

Well, look at the story image, which is composed mostly of trollestia icons. And the story description.

Basically, the story is about Celestia trying to sneak out of Canterlot castle at night (without telling Luna or Twilight)...forever, because she's sick of ruling.

"Yes Lulu, you heard that. I'm leaving forever and ever and ever! Ha!!" :trollestia:

(Yes, the emoticon is there in the story.)

Not that she'd want to maybe talk to her sister about it ahead of time or anything like that. Also she, without so much as a by-your-leave, replaces Twilight's cutie mark with her own (in the process altering Twilight's body to be Celestia-sized), and has this to say about it:

"Congratulations Twilight! I, Princess Celestia, declare you, the new and formidable; Princess Twilight of the Sun! Now you don't have to worry about my absence anymore." :trollestia:

Again, the emoticon is right there in the story.

And then she goes off to a spa for immortals with Discord. But Luna can't come because she's "just a baby" (yes, this is what she says directly to Luna's face) at 1500 years old.

Could you recommend something light and fluffy featuring Celestia? I think I need it right now. :fluttershysad:

I've looked over the story, too. Th story is not, I think, meant as character assassination of Celestia... But only by not being meant to be taken seriously at all. Celestia is way out of character in it, and not in a positive manner.

It's not necessarily a horrible story... But probably not one for this group, I'd say.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

3192313 3192337

*bangs head against desk* Alright it needs to be removed.... what the Hell? It was posed 2 days ago and I can't find it in my feeds. Damnit I was hoping to find the person who added it.

Ok any thoughts on two more that were added: The Sun will die and Celestia vs. Cleverbot?

3192342 Celestia vs Cleverbot is mostly harmless but I haven't read The Sun will die. :derpyderp1:

Skimming The Sun Will Die... Celestia is irritable but not homicidal or outright nasty in the first chapter.

There is this in the author's note:

The characters will be OOC plainly for the humour.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

Boy that gives me a warm fuzzy feeling about it

I'm writing a story about Celestia, Crown of Silence, right now. While it isn't published yet, I think it'd qualify once it was.

I dint think the comedies should be allowed, while i can easily not take them too seriously and just brush it off, this isn't the Celestia Is Best Pony group. Some people take time and effort to make celestia still be in character in clopfics without resorting to Molestia, people like me spend time scrutinizing and making sure Celestia is in Character in dark fics, so the comedy writers should be held by the same standards.

3192342 btw, itll show who added it if you look under the group editing function by the group name and view the folder.

I'm inclined to agree. I'm not sure that the "see ya" is a bad story per se ...but I sure don't think it belongs here. (Well, I think it's a bad story. But I wouldn't trust my judgement on the quality of that story. The false advertising of putting it in this group combined with the notification happening to come at a point where I was desperately looking for something to get me out of a black mood has left me with an intense dislike of that story and everything associated with it, making it difficult to objectively asses the quality.)

The point is, this is not a group for stories that happen to have a character named Celestia. It isn't even a group for stories focused on a character named Celestia. It's for stories about canon-compatible Celestia, and if she isn't in character then the story doesn't belong here. The genre doesn't come into it.

I forgot to ask, is my Celestia in Temporal Visitor written good enough for this group? Both the present and past ones?

I have no official say (and am not looking for one -- life keeping me very busy of late), but I'll happily offer my opinion, which would be "yes."

It'll undoubtedly break some folks' headcanon, and probably Faust's intentions, but the show itself does that all the time. Present-day Celestia seems well within reasonable character to me, and, while past Celestia may be a bit rough around the edges, she's definitely a decent person; in any case, I've always been pretty comfortable with the idea that she may have grown as a person over the millenia.

You got a thumbs-up on the story, too. I wish I could get half as many comments on the one-shots I write! :twilightsmile:

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

It hasn't been added yet? By all mean Val get it added

3196033 It was, I just asked to be absolutely sure I got her right.

Should I add this to the group? It's a one-shot on Twilestia preening. And don't worry it's SFW. :rainbowkiss:

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

Does it break any of the rules Zeta?

3216027 Both Twilight and Celestia seems to be in character if you don't mind Celly getting slightly intimate with preening Twilight in a playful manner. Though there's this line in Twiley's thought dialogue:

Darn that lovable troll of a princess and her massage sorcery.

I would honestly replace "troll" with "trickster" and slightly rework on the dialogue and maybe work on the pacing and the one-shot would be one of the best Twilestia short stories I've ever read.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

Alright folk this time I've got one. This one was added today and in all honesty I have no bloody idea what to do with this. The story in question is What Hath Joined Together, it is a FlashLight ship fic but the basic plot is the issue. For thousands of years Equestria has had the The Order, or what is effectively a caste system instituted some time before the Princesses came into power, and continued by them to the present day.

Therein lies the issues, Celestia regrets her actions and really wishes she doesn't have to continued such as system. But never the less she will still try ponies for breaking the system, even if she breaks down afterwards. Luna as far as the writer will tell me doesn't have a problem with The Order and has a more medieval mindset.

So my question to you all, is that if you have read it or will read it: Does it belong here?

I have spoken with the writer and she doesn't have a problem either way with the fic staying or going.

Well, I have read the TvTropes page, and those are the tropes directly related to her.

Just Following Orders:Interesting variation. Celestia upholds "the Order," segregating Equestrian society into classes by race and forbidding miscegenation. However, Celestia is the pony with the power to influence the system to change, continuing it for reasons unexplained despite emotionally suffering from it as much as her subjects do.

Screw the Rules, I'm Doing What's Right: Inverted, as Celestia is upholding the rules because she's believes doing so is the right thing. She's burdened with regret and sadness from breaking apart so many couples and permitting institutionalized discrimination, but she's utterly convinced keeping everything ordered as it stands is the best option.

Took a Level in Jerkass: The story hasn't shown Celestia as anything but stern, serious, and utterly conservative, but Discord mentions how she wasn't this "cold" in the past.

The last one is the one making my alarms go nuts, however, however, looks like Celestia is having the old dilemma of being lawful or good, and the jury is still out about her.

I'll put it in my read later(along the other 500 fics I have already:facehoof:) in any case.

3252969 it looks like an average star crossed lovers story. Im not going to judge, bit theres no mistake in not adding it.

Do you folks think this story would fit in?
A Shocking Tease

Would anyone mind voicing their opinion on if my story is acceptable.

In this chapter Celestia is featured as who she is in seclusion with Rarity. CP took a look at it and was inconclusive. While he said she was in character, it made him uneasy based on personal reasons.

Long story short, Celestia explains why she has an assassin to Rarity.

Hello there. I thought I might ask if it's ok to post my story Everfree here. I think it's a pretty bad fic (Alicorn OC FTL), but it is (strangely) popular and it doesn't portray Celestia as any of the things conventionally used to shame her character. She is called a masochist and doesn't exactly disagree given the SFW definition of the term. This story was supposed to be a SFW preview/one-shot/side story to my NSFW gratuity fic that has fortunately yet to see any form of materialization, but then it kind of took off on its own and became sort of a 'Celestia adventures to save Equestria and herself from a wish of hers better left unspoken, let alone granted' type deal. It was also supposed to be a diatribe on moral relativity and... well isn't. I think.

It is also kind of what would happen if Celestia, however mistakenly, saw herself as a tyrant (because she is one, technically, however benevolent) and happened across a drastic measure to rectify that. Fortunately, this is my lightest-noted story, so there isn't a lot of death and destruction to be had, just a mostly peaceful war of wills between two different, yet not quite opposed perspectives on what constitutes 'good'.

I'm wondering why the 'Lone Korpsman' was added since it apparently butchers Celestias Character:applejackunsure:.

It doesn't butcher Celly's character. It was just a bunch of butthurt people who think Celestia is omnipotent, God, and can't be moved by something.

i.e. Emotionless and Bland. Above mortals. Better then you stupid Humans. Why would Celly cry over a dead Human we're useless and disgusting anyway. etc.etc.

Really?:rainbowhuh:

I'm honestly tempted to re-write the ending, making her more emotional over his death and even adding another chapter where she gives him an honourable funeral....just spite those people.:trollestia:

I think, i gonna do this.:pinkiehappy:

Doitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoit.

In all honesty, 90% of Celly's personality is headcanon because of how little characterization she's had.

Also, if you don't write her as a perfect ruler, people get butthurt over it.

For example, in 'Zero-Five-Zero', after the commanding officer of a large scout party attacked a human convoy ending up in something like 150 pony deaths,. Celestia has him sent to the dungeons and then doing this:

“Take him to the dungeons.” Celestia ordered. Walking back to her throne, she sat down and hung her head, letting out a sigh.

“Brilliant, death certificates to fill out, attempts to start peaceful negotiations to get the bodies back. Sometimes, I wish I hadn’t abolished the death sentence.” Celestia stated.

“Sister, you seem worried. Extremely worried. Even more worried than when you were faced with Chrysalis.”

Celestia somberly looked down, and then sighed. She lifted her head to look Luna in the eyes.

“Luna, I’m afraid we may have woken a sleeping Major.”

Brilliant, death certificates to fill out, attempts to start peaceful negotiations to get the bodies back. Sometimes, I wish I hadn’t abolished the death sentence.” Celestia stated

Sometimes, I wish I hadn’t abolished the death sentence.” Celestia stated

That one line got quite a few people complaining about Celly being OOC.

Why in the world is Everfree in the story list? :trixieshiftright:

3357846 could have been spam,

Oh, 3252969, time to get to work.

Comment posted by Snowy deleted Jun 18th, 2014

"Steamed by Terran117 (added by Terran117) Protect Celestia / Romance"

It's a Princest clopfic. Should probably be nuked from orbit.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

Just sent a PM to him

1083446 Hello. I'd like report this story: Celestia, You've Got Mail
I believe it depicts Trollestia; it is not that bad, but I prefer to ask an admin because, even though I found it funny, I don't think it belongs in this group.

I just got sent back to I'm Leaving, See Ya' (it got added to Celestia Is Best Pony just recently, and I had completely forgotten about it), and I noticed that it was still in the group. I think it's only in the Random folder at this point.

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 91