Twilestia is Bestia 3,269 members · 956 stories
Comments ( 407 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 407
Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

Howdy all! Thought I'd leave this here as a place for bronies who want to chat about their favourite pairing, advertise stories on Twilestia you're coming up with (yes, I am encouraging advertisement) and share potential ideas and thoughts about the pairing. Oh, and more importantly, as a chatroom where we can all get to know each other. For the longest time this group has been rather inactive and asocial as far as participation goes.

A little bit about myself. I am an Ontarian working on a double major in earth science and biology (studying dinosaurs! :pinkiecrazy:), and my hobbies are competitive Pokemon :twistnerd:, naturalism, skiing, kayaking and editing. I have three stories currently posted, and a fourth in the works as a collaboration with a fellow named Adam The Pony. My favourite pony is Twilight, with Fluttershy in second and Celestia in third, and my favourite story on the site is "Composure".

Having said all that, I'd love to know a little bit more about each of you, and get a better picture of who's in the group and why. :twilightsmile:

Bri

Hey there. I'm a (girl) barista from the state of florida who dabbles in art from time to time. Even though rarity is best pony, I love the twilestia pairing for the absolute cuteness of it, no matter how the relationship between the two is shown. I have been known to draw it every which way myself, my favorite being shipping of course.
I hope to read more wonderful stories on here and find some more inspirations for my work. Feel free to contact me on here or my tumblr or on Skype (Handle is Brishelle)

:raritywink:

earth science and biology (studying dinosaurs! :pinkiecrazy:)

>studying dinosaurs
>Earth Science and Biology
>not Paleontology

What?

As for story ideas, I've always enjoyed the headcanon that the Princesses, due to everypony venerating them and so, the only romantic overtures they've gotten are from douchebag nobles, are virgins and are extremely awkward and cute when it comes to romance. As such, when Celestia falls for Twilight, it becomes an adorkable battle between the two as they desperately try to figure out how to move forward.

The thing that's really starting to annoy me is how Twilestia seems to be made up almost entirely of "angst/sad" stories these days. First, it was the "Celestia can never have Twilight because of Who Wants to Live Forever" stories, then it was "Twilight dies and Celestia's all sad," now we have the "Celestia's manipulated Twilight into love," stories. And of course, the other ones are still being made by the truckload. Where'd all the cute romance/clop stories go?

As for myself, I'm a Baptist (even Paul had a "little thorn," mine's MLP shipping), who was formerly into The Lion King before deciding it was unhealthy being in two fandoms at once and moving over to ponies. I'm currently trapped on Mr. Tajiri's Wide Ride as a small part of me dies each week seeing how much more repetitive and cliche Pokemon can get. I'm majoring in English and have a naive hope to become an actual writer. While the USS Twiluna is my flagship, the Twilestia provides good support and acts as a decent AA umbrella.

As for me going a whoring, I have six stories, the two most famous of which are Statistics--the one about Celestia rambling out a bunch of stats to show the length of time a thousand year wait really is--and Ascend--the Twilicorn one that I wrote and everyone liked because it was a [Comedy] in the midst of angst and shipping.

2160016 Hi you may know me as NitPickBrony and I'm an 8th grader who excels at reading and writing and my hobbies also include Pokemon, Digimon and comic writer/historian.
I currently have only 1 story published right now. A ScootaBloom shipping fic and am currently working on a human in Eqestria story with me as the main character
I'm an open book so if any of you have more question just post your question on my channel or reply to this comment. :yay:

Any chance for a story one day with your romance headcanon for the Princesses?

Any case, I'm a girl from Ontario studying history. TwiLestia is probably my second favourite ship in pretty much all forms minus the clop. The only ship that beats them is TwiSpike unless its romance than TwiLestia is better. These two just make for an adorable couple and its so much fun reading and seeing their relationship.

I don't know. I have so many fanfic ideas, I don't think I'll ever write them all. I'd like to do some romance, but I have so many other ideas I don't know if I'll ever get to it.

I kinda think that the forbidden love aspect has disappeared since the end of season three. It's kind of a shame, since I've been wondering if Celestia and Luna's disappearance in the season four opening is going to be permanent.

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

2160223 the major isn't technically paleo. The career will be, however.

You wrote Statistics?

,,,,Excuse me, I have to go follow you.

2160216 Don't forget Brista! I follow your work on Deviantart as Ill-Fated-Jedi :twilightsmile:

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

2160308 It won't be. We're confirmed to have a Tia and Luna flashback episode narrated by the Princesses later in the season.

>Flashback episode
Yeah, that totally makes me feel better.

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

2160521 Narrated by them. To Twilight. In the present.

2160016 Oh goody, self-introductions! I totally don't suck at these. Let's see, I live in Texas, occasionally play video games, do a bunch of boring shit no one wants to hear about for work, and I like writing the pony words. I have hobbies that are no longer pursuable, and the majority of my socializing occurs around ponyfic-related activities.

As pony stuff goes, I tend to lean heavily towards Twilight as a personal favorite, with everything below that constantly shifting around, though typically containing the same group of characters as 'secondaries'. I really don't do well at numerically organizing a list of 'favorites'.

I mostly tend to enjoy stories that are heavily character driven, and I have a massive weak point when it comes to sugar-sweet, adorable, fluffy moments.

My list of works is quite unremarkable, and in no way worth plugging.

2160216 You. You are the reason I even ship Twilestia. The sheer amount of adorableness you create was too much to resist.

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

my list of works is quite unremarkable

0:10-0:13

I will plug in Apprentice Ship, Twilight's Birdfeeder and Friends With Discounts, since you won't.

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

2160302 No new Twilestias means contract /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

2160621 I'm also quite the fan of sarcasm and self-depreciation.

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

2160690 Sarcasm on the internet :unsuresweetie:

2160813 It's one of the reasons I love Twilight so much. :twilightblush:

Honestly, I'm just not the type that really plugs my own stuff very often. Although, I do like teasing stuff, oddly enough. Speaking of teasing, since this is actually the right group for it, I suddenly feel like mentioning that I'll be working on something involving Apprentice Ship over this coming weekend. It may or may not involve whipped cream.

*crawls out of the shadows*

*looks around*

*taps microphone*

Is this thing on? Hello?

*glances left and right*

Ummm... hi? My name is... *mumbles and squeaks*. But, uh, you can call me Nyronus.

Um... I'll be frank, but this is something weird of me to do, but, uh, since KoC asked nicely?

I'm a 20-something person of indeterminate gender living and working somewhere within the continental U.S.. I graduated from college with a degree in history, philosophy, and general liberal arts studies, that is, statistically speaking, probably more impressive than yours, but if it makes you feel better, all it got me was college related PTSD, a heap of emotional abuse from my parents and a job packing boxes. That's right kids. I work in shipping.

Not by choice mind you. Poverty sucks.

In the meantime between scrambling to pay for food, bills, and gas, I read and write pony fics. I started reading them religiously when I discovered FimFiction. I then discovered estimable device heretic, and so I was sold. I like Twilestia the "best" of all the ships, but I'm not picking, and will take anything as long as it doesn't involve Chrysalis, Discord, or AppleDash.

In general I have a staggeringly wide array of interests. Anything involving humanity is a big favorite, but art and philosophy are my two tops, with psychology as a third and history as a remainder. I play a staggeringly wide array of videogames and listen to an even bigger array of music. Writing is my forte though. My favorite writers are... uh, probably DH, Varanus, Homer, Shakespear, Lovecraft, and Ayn Rand.

Yes, I realize how fucking weird that sounds.

I also have a real soft spot for the movie adaptation of The Last Unicorn, but I never finished the book. I'm also a big fan of the Caiphas Cain novels. I mean to get back into Tolklien and read the Incarnations of Immortality and Dresden Files series.

As far as my own work goes, I have three stories on the site, two of which featured. The first was the blockbuster hit that was Celestia and Luna's Completely Average Day, although, fair warning, I ship-tease Twiluna in that one :P. Following that was that one deeply personal story no one seemed to understand or gave a shit about. Then there was my own entrance into the field of Twilestia and a birthday gift for the estimable Varanus, Progress! I have a bunch of other stories half written or on the backburner as well. As of late my skills as a critic have also become in demand, because for some reason people LIKE me tearing their babies a new asshole.

For me Twilestia has a special place in my heart because... well, stories like Eternal and Composure exist for a reason. It's a relationship which would require so much to achieve, but has the potential to be really beautiful. Its hard to describe that appeal without it sounding cheesy, you know? I also have some personal nostalgia invested since Eternal and DH's work in general have meant a lot to me.

If you'de like to uh... get to know me better... I have a Skype account under this name and and a Tumblr. You can also contact me here. Read my stories. Tell me how awesome they are. Follow me. That sort of thing.

Anyway, uh, you all have fun.

Uh, I'll just be... around.

*scuttles back into shadows*

Fuzzyfurvert
Group Admin

Welp, here I go.

I am too old for this. I was too old for ponies when Hasbro first put them in stores and on the air. The whole 'fandom' thing is new to me, in so much that I was never a part of one before MLP:FiM. I was a fan of plenty of things, but never part of any community. I'd never written fanfiction before this. I rarely did any fan art either. Much prefer my own creations.

Fun Fact: I drew MLP Rule 34 stuff back in 2002. I predate all the really fabulous rule 34 artists out there now by 8 to 10 years.

I've had more jobs than I care to count, but currently I do marketing for a software firm in Atlanta. I write professionally now, which is a first for me too.

Let's see... what else? Um, I've written Pony Dreams(Twiluna, my otp), House pets, Iced Tea and Cartoons(fluffy non-shipping), Alicorn Switcheroo(Twilestia), Lyra and Bon Bon Blow Up A Train: A Love Story(Lyrabon/Taviscratch), Wet Pony Dreams(Twiluna clop), Appleloosa Redeye(Harshbottom<-that is the first time I've ever written that and it looks hilarious)), Taking off the Masks(Twilestia that I wrote for Knight of Cerebus and it hit the Feature Box). I also host the Twilestia collaboration as well as occasionally steal a prompt and add to it. I do that for the Twiluna collaboration too.

Besides more chapters of my current works I have two new fics planned, but neither one is Twilestia or even Twiluna. I have a Flight of the Navigator crossover in the works and the other is the Final Friendship Report.

You're an eighth-grader? You're going to go far, kid. I'm being serious here. You're far more articulate than most young teens I've met. Thank you for breaking the stereotype.

I'm Cryo. My RL is sort of like Fight Club. We don't talk about it.

I'm a 15 year old Brit who likes writing about teh pones. That is literally it.

I've never written anything before FiMFic, nor have I been a part of any fandom prior to this one. I started writing a terrible fanfic in April and then I kept doing it because the voices in my head keep telling me to. Actually gotten pretty good at it.

I have a few one-shots that I'm pretty proud of, but nothing prolific enough to be promoted here. Haven't written any Twilestia, save for the prompt collab. Should probably do that at some point.

Oh man. Look at all the cool peeps in here. We got 2160216 (massive fan of your art) being all awesome and stuff, then we have 2160223 (Stats and Ascend were brilliant) too, and my top lads/ladettes from the collab are here: 2160016, 2160538, and 2161568.

You guys should all give yourselves a pat on the back and stuff. You ain't filthy plebs like me.

SHL

Ok. *put sunglasess* Here we go.
I'm Shinji "Triple H" Lee. A.K.A. SHL, A.K.A. The Hentai King; A.K.A. The White Rabbit of Hentailand.
I'm from Madrid, Spain. I'm 27 years old since 30th October.
I'm an epic nerd that love a lot of things (wrestling, videogames, manganime, comics, roleplaying games books), ponies among them. But Hentai is my passion.
Favourite pony? Pinkie Pie. Why? 'Cause it's soooooo randooooom :pinkiehappy:
Before FiMFic, I tried to write things without finish, but I have great experience in interpretative forums :scootangel:

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

That's right kids. I work in shipping.

We all work in shippi--

*is booed off the stage*

Alright, I get it, I'm not funny.

DH, Varanus, Homer, Lovecraft

:pinkiehappy:

Shakespear

:pinkiesmile:

and Ayn Rand

Shinji Lee

manganime

Are you sure you didn't just mash together your favourite two anime character's names?

SHL

For my nickname? XDD A little :pinkiehappy:
Ikari Shinji, for "Evangelion", and Rock Lee, for "Naruto". But the mash and the entire nickname had an story about how was born ^^

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

2162608 If you check out the hyperlinks, you'll see I guessed both. :rainbowlaugh:

And do tell the story.

SHL

You're good XDDD But I have another favorite characters, maybe some ones equals Lee :pinkiehappy:
Okay, well: when I started in the nerd's way, I go to an event cosplayed as Shinji with her school's uniform. During that event, two things happened:
First and most important, I participated in a contest about who was the best nerd and, when I won, the crowd begun chanting "Shinji". So I took the nick there.
The second thing, in a proyection, I saw my two firsts chapters of Naruto: the fight between Rock Lee (using drunken fist) against Kimimaro and the help of Sand's ninjas (Temari became my favorite female character of Naruto right there)
The time passed and I knew a lot of people with the nick "Shinji", for whatever reasons. So, eventually, after did an awesome cosplay of Rock Lee, with a magistral interpretation (seriously, everybody congratulate me) of the moment in which he opened the 3rd Door of Chakra in his fight against Gaara, I decided to changed my nick to Shinji Lee.
Later, with me liking a lot wrestling, and after a chat with a friend, I added the "Triple H".

And, after that, I decided to short the nickname to "SHL". Sounds good and powerful to me.

The other nicks are other story :rainbowkiss:

Since you asked, I am obliged to share.

I am a 15-year-old who likes fanfic, because mlp is a lot more awesome with all these fics. I mean, Nyx would be awesome in the show, which I admittedly only bothered to watch until halfway of Season 1...(Yeah, I know:twilightoops:)

I am from an indeterminate country (It's not North Korea:pinkiehappy:, that's all I can say.) And like Pearple Prose, I've never written anything before Fimfiction, and yes, my first one was really terrible. Though my first successful one was a Twilestia...

Can't resist mentioning that Twilestia is one of the best ships. I think TwiLuna comes second. Or maybe alicorn with alicorn:trollestia:. Alicorns are overpowered. And over-the-top beautiful. (Uh...:pinkiecrazy:) Well, that's all I'll share...

To all the awesome people out there doing fimfiction: Keep doing it!

Hasbro's gonna be jealous.

Bipedal, carbon-based, mammalian...

I may have written a story or two. My success and growth as a writer can be directly attributed to TMP - without their speedfic prompts I wouldn't have dared to post anything here. I say often that I knew, just knew, that I could never manage to write a hundred thousand words of anything. Then one day I looked up from my keyboard and realized I'd written a thousand words over a hundred times, and it dawned on me: I can do this! Occasionally. Sometimes. When I'm not doing all that other stuff in my profile. I also proofread and/or edit for soundslkeponies, RazedRainbow, Habanc, Einhander, and one or two others.

Twilight is best pony, followed shortly by Luna and Celestia: Celestia because she'd follow Twilight anywhere, and Luna because she's enjoying the view.

TwiLuna is my OTP, if you can't take a hint. TwiLestia is a close second. I have an outline for a TwiLestia short story brewing, though heaven alone knows if it'll get out of my head this year.

The only other fandoms I was seriously part of were FASA's BattleTech and Babylon 5. I wrote a tiny piece (under my real name) that got published for the tabletop wargame Babylon 5 Wars by the now-defunct Agents of Gaming.

Eagerly awaiting Wasteland 2, 'cause I'm an oldschool gamer like that. I have never played Portal, Team Fortress, DOTA, Minecraft, or WoW.

Also, I am probably older than all of you. I'm definitely older than a couple of you put together. I live in the US Deep South, which is why my Applejack always sounds more like a redneck than a farmer cowgirl.

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

2163621 Have you seen the season premier images and storyboards? Your OTP just got torpedoed. It's pretty hard to build a romance out of attempted murderer and would be victim. We can only hope that Tia comes out of the Everfree crisis unscathed.

2161696 Articulate? Really? Have you seen half the comments on my story pointing out my grammar mistakes? :rainbowhuh:

Fuzzyfurvert
Group Admin

Hush you.

I believe the phrase is: I SHALL GO DOWN WITH MY SHIP!

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

2166222 Once it's good and sunk, we'll be sure to throw you a life preserver. :twilightsmile:

I have an idea for how to handle this in the TwiLuna collab, that said.

Fuzzyfurvert
Group Admin

I'll just have to fill it with ping pong balls and the HMS Twiluna will sail again!

Hehe, though I'm looking forward to that prompt. I'll be finishing up the one I started tonight. I was just too exhausted yesterday.

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

2166314 I'm afraid the ping pong balls are all on the HMS Twilestia.

Don't count your Scootaloos before they hatch. Remember, OTP shippers ship hard or not at all. For the diehard, there is always a way.

A very specific demongraphic? :trollestia:

And if you want to pull out the Trope Launcher, we can accommodate. Weren't we just talking about this in the other thread? "Luna's reactions to Twilestia?"

Also, I don't buy any pre-season hype until I see the canon episode. If it hasn't been on the Hub, it's not real yet.

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

2168158 It was at Comicon, confirmed by the creators. And again, it can work, but only in a really Squick-y way that appeals much less to the casual shipper.

But TwiLuna has taken this thread off topic! Back to Twilestia!

Greetings everyone.
I'm a 23 year old male from a non-English speaking country, so my language could potentially be a bit wonky.
Anyways, I'm a fan of F/F-shipping across a wide variety of fandoms, but this site has become my main source for that over the past year. If someone forced me at gunpoint to give up any pairing except one, Twilestia is the one I would keep. I just see a special bond between the two of them, and I'll second the headcanon that Twilight is the first living being getting close to or near Celestia in any shape or form, so they'll either try to out-awkward each other or, if they don't realize their respective feelings, shift so gradually from close friends into a couple that they probably only realize it once they're already standing in front of the altar.

As a romantic, I like my stories as sappy and fluffy as possible, and I tend to avoid things that are dark or have a sad ending. My favorite Twilestia-story and probably story in general is device heretic's So Be It, with Composure a close second.
Also, and I hope this doesn't get me thrown out of the group, I am too much of a wuss to read Eternal.

My own writing progress is hampered by the fact that I come up with a new ship I absolutely have to write right around the time I get started on the last one. I'll probably ship Twilight and/or Rarity with any
princess, queen or dark goddess of the eternal night or something.

If not reading fan fiction, my free time is spent driving virtual tanks around the battlefield (with lots of ponies, thanks to modding) or building rollercoasters.

And since it seems to be a thing here, I'll use this opportunity to thank 2160216 for her amazing work,
and Varanus and device heretic for getting me into Twilestia.

Looking at the admin of this group, though, I probably regret signing up. I like my soul quite where it is, Knight of Cerberus. Don't make me get my time-shield-hammerspace-thingy!

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

2169632 /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Contract?

I promise I don't steal souls. They are freely given or else not taken. /人-- ‿‿ ◕人\

Also, you tend to avoid dark things but your favourite thing on the site is So Be It? :rainbowhuh:

Care to explain why? Love the story though I do, that shiz is dark.

SHL

Stop trying to make contracts :ajbemused:

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

2169846 Would you be willing to make a wish for me to stop making contracts?

2169830 Well, first of all, it has a good-ish, hopeful ending ( if I am not totally misunderstanding something), and I actually quite like the motive that no matter what Celestia does, Twilight is there and tries to help her out of love. Those two are standing isolated at the top, with Celestia as the inhuman tyrant. But with time, Twilight reawakens Celestia's humanity and demonstrates that there is still hope, that affection and love can still redeem.
The second, bigger reason, may sound kind of stupid. I like many stories. I like their plot, I like some characters, I like the humor, for example. But I was always bad at reading between the lines, drawing emotions out of a sentence, so to speak. Not that I have no emotional connection, but when I read things other people say about a story, I sometimes feel like I'm not having the experience they're having. But So Be It is probably the first story that made me think "This is art. This is something only a really outstanding artist can produce."
It is also possible that I am overthinking it, and there have since been other stories that had the same effect (like Composure, or that Bellamione one back on FF.net), but this story just manages to say so much with comparatively few words.
It's basically my literature-equivalent of standing on top of the Niagara Falls.

SHL

When Hell's frozen XDDDDDD

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

2169875 Then I'll just keep making contracts! :twilightsmile:

2169863 It does indeed have a hopeful ending, but man is it dark. That said, I love it too, and for much the same reasons.

SHL

*Sigh* Somepony kill the Kyubei

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

2172226 But it's so annoying having to eat the bodies. :ajbemused:

Fuzzyfurvert
Group Admin

Then you're not cooking them right. Thin cut, de-boned, marbled meat is yummy. Pan sear it in beer and worcester sauce(I suggest a dark ale or stout) until only a bit of pink remains in the middle.:pinkiecrazy:

Serve with fava beans, rice and a chilled chianti.:rainbowwild:

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

2174573 cooking wastes energy! Stop entropy today!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 407