Transformations 5,819 members · 5,266 stories
Comments ( 19 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 19
Ether Echoes
Group Admin

Looks like we're finally starting to get popular. Excellent.

So it occurred to me that we might want to have a Featured Fic section. Maybe even a review format.

Anyone have any thoughts or comments on that?

Sure, do a featured fic.

Sounds like an epic idea.

Red Bomber
Group Contributor

Which one story has become featured?

TwistedSpectrum
Group Contributor

Who would write the review?

Sounds good to me!

Featured as in the stories posted on here that have been featured (For example mine) or featured as in we personally think that this story (and or stories) perfectly represents what we are to the letter, featured?

Boss_Hoss1
Group Contributor

Sounds great! I'm with ManlyDerp tho. How do tales make it to the Featured Fic folder/section wen its up?

Moi. Yes, this is good indeed....
As for featured fics?

Uh.....
I got nothing.:moustache:

If it's not insanely long (If I can read the whole thing in a night) I could review some sort of featured story.

I'd bring up my fic, but I won't.

Ether Echoes
Group Admin

I'd say we get 1-3 people willing to do a review of fics and we post the favored fics in a locked folder to highlight them. We could use my blog or someone else's to host the review (and suggest the author include the review in their description) and post links here in the forum as well. Probably a new sticky.

DDRMASTERM
Group Contributor

869453 Sounds like a plan. I'll do what I can to help.

Ether Echoes
Group Admin

We're also going to need a system of recommendations. I don't have a fraction of the time I'd need.

Well, what if the story is crazy long? For instance, my story has been featured three times on here, but it is almost 234 thousand words long. Seems like it would take a significant amount of time to review. Not that I would mind, I'd love anybody who actually provided a full review.

Ether Echoes
Group Admin

I would probably have to draw certain lines. For example:

1) Personally, I wouldn't review ones with the Sex tag out of hand, no offense :scootangel:. I'd also refuse ones that are any of the following: Inanimate, Brony in Equestria, Crossover (most types.) However, since I wouldn't be the only reviewer, that doesn't mean I couldn't host the review someone else did so long as the content wasn't exceedingly objectionable (such as Brony, Vore, gratuitous sex and violence, so on.)

2) For reviews the standard would probably be 'first 3 chapter or 50k words, whichever came first' or some similar cutoff. Those who wish to may presumably review more so long as they're timely or already know the story.

May also want to do interviews with the author *ponder*

Well, drat... that rules out mine. Though only containing mild allusions to said acts, it still has the tag. And, of course, the main character has a slightly-more-than passing familiarity with ponies.

(insert whining about how the story stands on its own merit, etc etc)

I respect your decisions and will just have to hope that in the future, one of the reviewers will take a look at mine. Till then... I wait.:trixieshiftright:

Ether Echoes
Group Admin

That's fine
As I said, even if I won't review it, our other reviewers (whomever they are) can.

Indeed. Now, we play the waiting game. :pinkiecrazy:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 19