The Writers' Group 9,303 members · 56,548 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15

im thinking about starting my own group soon, any advise?

About what? Er... what is the group about?

2657222 Go with it, but make sure you commit to it.

tell your friends about it. chances are they'll advertise it

2657222 no clue...i made a group and its going well....mostly trying to help other people with there stuff. I'd say wing it..but try to make the group sound different or 'out there' then other groups. and like
2657234 said stick with it.

Deadder
Group Contributor

Make it pwetty. :rainbowkiss:

Don't make it too exclusive, or your numbers will be relatively insignificant (if you're looking for growth, that is. If you only want a small group then you can probably use whatever rules you like - within reason, of course).

Also where you've stated 'advise' it should be 'advice'. You are seeking advice, or are asking others to advise you. (I usually don't point stuff like this out, but it would probably help you get a few more members if there weren't any grammar errors).

can you put chatrooms on your group?

If you start a group you need a few things.

1. Dedication.

Check and post things a couple times a day, even if there are only a couple people in it. It will expand the more you put into it. :scootangel:

2. Patience.

It won't blow up over night.

3. Hope

With hope, maybe it WILL blow up over night :derpytongue2:

Aaaannnd....Consideration. Always acount for anything and everything that might happpen. Hope it helped! Peace. :twilightsmile:

2657222 Write on your group's description, that members can put any story they want in the group's folders and you will have 100 members in the first week (everypony loves to self-promote :unsuresweetie:).

Also, here are some of my free ideas for new groups (if anypony likes any of these ideas, just go make it. You'll be saving me a lot of time and you'll have a guaranteed member (me)):

- Rate a story

- Answer provocative questions

- Answer only with yes or no

- Read mine and I’ll read yours
Edit: Already taken.

- Adopt a story (for those, that give up on their fic)

- Stories by style: Beige (Dry), Sensory, Florid, purple...

- About me (blog for everypony)

- You won’t believe what happened to me the other day

- How would you react to this?

- Learn your grammar!

- Collection of fics that everypony should read (fandom's best)

- Free cover art

- Fandom news

- I'll write this if you write that

- Review competition (whoever gives the best review for a given fic wins)

- Every day a new thread game

- Writing challenges

- I want you to rip my fic to shreds, chew it up, spit it out, take a dump on it and kill it with fire group

- Group for MLP videos

- Comment on my fic and I'll comment on yours

- MLP memes

- Drawing competition

- FimFiction police (find violations and report them)

- Creators of MLP music

- MLP Crusaders (post your story of how you converted a non-brony)

- Know your MLP (For those that think they know the show well enough. It's question time! Winer gets a cookie)

2657222 First, browse the group list to see if a group similar to what you want to create already exists or not. This is no guarantee that you won't accidentally create a similar group to one that's already established, but it's always a good idea.

If you're creating a vanity group, well...that's fine, go ahead. Don't expect it to get many, if any, members.

Decide on some group rules, and if any friends of yours are joining, consider making them admins so they can help out. This probably won't be necessary until it's been around for a while.

Create or commission a group icon and a group banner. Promote the story on your blog, and in groups that are relevant and allow promotion, if desired.

2657790 thanks! and thank you everyone else too

Hire pony strippers.

I'll make my OWN group, with blackjack and hookers!

Luminary
Group Contributor

Yes! Exactly.
:rainbowkiss:
In fact, forget the group.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15