The Writers' Group 9,316 members · 56,686 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15

Does anyone read any Apocalypse fics. Whether its zombies, natural disaster, power going out, etc. Those type of fics/films always interest me, with the characters losing their humanity and the only saying is "Survival of the fittest" and it all has to do with the world coming to and end.

Anyone agree, any apocalyptic fics?

I like reading them too.

I currently have two chapters of a zombie apocalypse based off of COD zombies. I would have more but I find it hard to write. I am writing another right now and will at least have 10 chapters(and probably two or three more sequels :pinkiecrazy:) please tell me if they are good enough and if I should write more because I have so many ideas for my three human soon to be heroes.

I read a few myself, and I write one as well. Apocalypse fics are interesting because they pit the characters to something that they have to survive, and it's cool seeing how their different personalities clash with the situation.

It's also damn fun reading about how they kill zombies. :pinkiecrazy:

2122510 K whats the title name?

It's called zombies:the beginning (if you can think of a better title that would be great) and it's currently my only story :twilightsheepish:

2122533 As soon as I'm done with the other thing I'm doing, I'll take a look at it :twilightsmile:

MORE! There must be more stories dealing with the apocalypse and what happens after said apocalypse! :pinkiecrazy:

I especially like it when the apocalypse is one that wipes out a large portion of humanity, such as a pandemic or a nuclear war. (By "wipe out", I mean completely destroy and eviscerate off the face of the planet - so zombies are out of the picture, though I do like a zombie apocalypse every now and then.) Scenes of the survivors wandering through a dead city, surrounded by the empty shells of a once-great civilization...those are some of the best.

Metro 2033 is one of my favorite novels. Now if only I could find an English version of Metro 2034...

I do enjoy post apocalyptic fiction and games; from the murkiest depths of Rapture to the blazing heat of the Mojave; I enjoy them all:pinkiecrazy:

I have been meaning to start work on a second story anthro zombie fic

Still working on mine, though I haven't actually read any. :applejackunsure:

Any and all Fallout Equestrias.

I would read them. It sounds interesting enough to write, but I would never be able to kill any of the M6, Spike, CMC, and the princesses wouldn't die because of a few zombies, although a natural disaster could work.

I would not be the best person to write a zombie fic for this reason, although having those characters remain, and an OC or two of mine, after a natural disaster could be do able as long as I make it a Jericho style fic.

If the apocalypse comes, anyone saying "Survival of the Fittest!" should be shot at first opportunity. You know they will eventually backstab you and steal your stuff, so why wait? Would you trust someone with such a slogan to bandage you up after an injury, take care of you when you are sick, or watch you while you sleep? I wouldn't.

I kind of like the idea of post-apocalyptic stuff, but it (like a lot things) tends to get overly romantic. The world after isn't going to live off of canned goods and ammo left laying around. That stuff goes bad surprisingly quickly in the unlikely case it isn't completely consumed by then. Things will devolve back to somewhere between the 19th Century and the Middle Ages pretty quickly without the availability of gasoline or electricity.

I always was entertained with the idea of the Four horses of the Apocalypse finally being allowed to end all of creation due to the world coming to an end after EONS. Ever once had an idea of the CMC (with Dinky Doo as a member) being given the four weapons of the four and told to prevent the end times so the real four could do it but I basically scarped it, getting very sick and tired of zombies, werewolves and vampires myself but that's just me:twilightsheepish:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15