The Writers' Group 9,331 members · 56,842 stories
Comments ( 22 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 22

I know the title is kind of generic, but my request is if anyone has seen any good train fics around. Yes, it is a rare occurrence and I was just wondering if anyone had any good finds?

Well I have one that takes place in a train but it doesn't revolve around them :applejackunsure:... What are you looking for?

2117264 Anything like that would work, inside or around them, basically anything trains

Don't know if it's any good, but here

>Insert inevitable asdfmovie reference here<

2117300 "I like trains." :eeyup:

2117249 What do you mean by train fics? Like murder mysteries that takes place in a train? A thriller about a runaway train like Unstoppable? A train possessed by a demonic demon like some underrated poor effects SyFy channel movie, fic?

2117321 To the first: No
To the second: That would work
To the third: That has actually happened?

Luz

>train wreck explorers

2117335 You strike again Trollestia! :pinkiesmile:

2117328 To the third: Probably, you know how SyFy is trying to come up with scary thrillers when they're actually really cheesy. Just look at Sharknado.

2117370 Lord almighty.... :facehoof:

2117417 I know. Why is that so popular??????

In the world of real books by paid authors:

If you haven't, see about getting a copy of P. T. Deutermann's Train Man at your local library, used book store, Amazon, or whatever. It's one of the few decent fics I've read that revolves around trains.

Don't waste your time with Ridley Pierson's Parallel Lies, unless you're amused by terrible research.

There's a Cussler novel in which a train prominantly features, too. I can't remember the title.

Finally, after he died, one of Allistair MacLean's screenplays was re-written into a novel. I think it was called Death Train, but I'm not entirely sure. It's probably on his wikipedia page.

Comedy, Train is mostly a plot device
"Trains, Carriages, and Airships." Parody of the movie Trains, Planes, and Automobiles.

The Dusk Guard: Rise involves a train mystery quite heavily.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 22