The Writers' Group 9,320 members · 56,748 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16

Just a quick question. I am going to start work on a story featuring Mrs. Shy as one of the main characters and I don't really want to call her Mrs. Shy for who knows how many pages. I tried digging around but it doesn't appear that she or her husband have actual names unlike the other parent characters. I was thinking of giving her the name 'Evershy', trying to keep it in line with her daughter's name plus it's a pretty cute play on words. I was looking for feedback on my name choice; or if anyone knows if she does have a cannon name I'll use that instead. Thanks.

As someone who loves to come up with there own AU terms and names for characters I greatly approve of this name choice! It really feels like it could be their last name and fits in with the whole family.

In my stories, I've tradationally called Fluttershy's family name 'Breeze' because her brother is the only member of her family that has a secondary name.

I have an idea! Fluttershy’s family

are the shy guys super mario bros 2

I'm on the side of calling her mother Evershy, if not for the fact i don't have any better options I can think of.

Do we have a name for her father though? Golden Breeze, maybe?

I dubbed her Whispershy (and her husband Cumulus).

6861042 The one time I used them I named the dad Spring Breeze and the mom Gentle Breeze.

Thanks. Having slept on it, it's really growing on me.

Breeze seems to be the general consensus for papa, it would make sense for that to be his surname. Haven't fully landed on a first name.

I know. But it's that catch 22 where the show calls them Mr. and Mrs. Shy. It feels like that awful Mario Bros. movie where their names were Mario Mario and Luigi Mario. Like, is their daughter Flutter Shy or Fluttershy Shy or Fluttershy Breeze. Show writers always dropping the ball. :rainbowlaugh:

Whispershy is a really cute name. :twilightsmile:

Like I said to Sollace, (something) Breeze seems to be the most likely name for the dad. Funny thing is, I will be referencing him a bit in the story but he isn't actually in the main plot. Still, I was thinking of playing off his son's name. Zephyr is derived from Zephyrus who was one of the four Anemoi, basically the Greek wind gods of the north, south, east and west winds. So I thought deriving a name from one of the other three might be cool. Can you tell I put way too much thought into stuff like this?" :rainbowlaugh:

Is it too late to change my mind? I really like Whispershy and Cumulus.

... Buuuuuuut I also really like Spring Breeze and Gentle Breeze, even though it's missing the 'Shy'.

Maybe we could say ponies have a Family Name (Shy) but it's not necessarily used unless addressing them formally?

Hence Spring Breeze is addressed as Mrs. Shy, and Gentle Breeze is addressed as Mr. Shy, as they are both of the 'Shy clan.

Likewise, Night Light and Twilight Velvet are Mr. and Mrs Sparkle for being of the Sparkle clan.

And finally, Prince Blueblood might have a name entirely different, but he's called as such for being of the Blueblood heritage.

Did anyone actually call them that in show except Rainbow Dash? Because with her, it could totally be a casual nickname. (Or alternately, a best-possible translation of a Ponish turn of phrase meant to identify ponies with no shared names by relational status.)

6861284 Well that's just it, she's the only one who called them anything period. Fluttershy just called them Mom and Dad, and the credits only listed them as Mr. and Mrs. Shy. Unlike Rarity and Sweetie Belle, and Twilight and Shining Armor, the parents don't have the card game or the toyline to give them names (though for Twilight's parents it was more similarities to G1 ponies that gave them their names).

Well then, their names are pretty much a free for all (although having "Shy" in there somewhere can't hurt.)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16