The Writers' Group 9,300 members · 56,454 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

What are some genres that you haven't written yet, but would like to?

Isekai. And anything involving transformations. Well, technically I've dabbled in the latter, but never anything serious. No 'real' story. Guess it would hit a little too close to home.

I want to try writing a future tense story. I know it can be done, but I don't have time to delve in it.

That's a hard one, I have written most kind of stories at least once and tend to put emphasis on comedy, satire and action. I guess I'd like to write a proper science fiction. I have written stories that features aliens, time travel and lasers, but they have all had either a strong need for suspension of disbelief or magic. That would involve quite a bit of research on my part since I'm not the most tech savvy of people.

I think I want to write a story that isn't comedy as well. it's been a long while since I wrote a story that was properly sad. Even my horror and romance stories are leaning toward satire.

An adventure story, but in particular a Hero’s Journey story. It’s my favourite type of story, and it’s one I’ve always thought about writing but have never managed to successfully get out of my head onto paper.

Comment posted by JumpingShinyFrogs deleted Oct 12th, 2018

Superhero stories, I guess, if that's to be considered a legit genre.

I have this rough outline for a superhero universe with a bunch of characters I've been tinkering with on and off for some time now. It's just that I'm only really into superheroes in sporadic periods.

Maybe space opera with a helping of cyberpunk. I am a big Star Wars fan, after all, and I have sort of a thing for androids and cyborgs. I just never had a very serious urge to write it, and I think I'll always be a fantasy writer first and foremost.

6620190 Sci Fi. I love Sci Fi, just haven't been able to think of anything pony related that I would want to do with it.

If you want help, I can help you.
I've done a bunch, original and pony based.

PM me and we can chat.

Mystery, Slice of Life and Comedy.
These are the ones I'm interested in now.

I've done Sci Fi, well. once.
Wrote an original story in which a guy makes a device that goes to alternate universes.
He ends up in a universe that's like ours, but much better.
My sci fi stuff (when I write it) will probably be more like Ray Bradbury than Isaac Asimov/Clarke/Heinlein.

I'd say maybe sad romance, a tragic sibling relationship, and/or just a story on grief and possible ways to handle it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11