The Writers' Group 9,300 members · 56,502 stories
Comments ( 19 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 19
SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

It sounds like we've got a surprise episode airing today, and it's probably Yakkity-Sax.

As such, I'm making the discussion thread now. If it turns out to be an episode other than Yakkity-Sax, discuss that one here, and I'll change the title later.

With that name, I'm kinda expecting the episode to be this scene over and over, only with yaks.

--Sweetie Belle

Cinder Vel
Group Admin

Wait what? Who dares? Is it the Russian Hackers? Those alarming Australians? Bitter British? Amazing Amazonians of Brazil? Or the most cruel and cunning of them all, the Canadians?

The war on US release time is on once again!

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

The Discovery Family channel this time, actually!

--Sweetie Belle

Episode timing not perfect. Yak smash!

Are there any live streams for it?

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

I don't know about live stream links to it, and if there were, we wouldn't be allowed to post them here because of site rules.

They'd probably pop up over on Equestria Daily's article for it, though.

--Sweetie Belle

Cinder Vel
Group Admin

Now that's just diabolical. You win USA, you win.

Usually doesn't air on tv where I'm from, so i usually wait until someone does a reaction video

It ain't showing up on my cable guide.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

11 AM PST is what that EQG link says, so in less than half an hour.

--Sweetie Belle

Alright, well luckily I get DF so I will be watching it.

Cinder Vel
Group Admin

Why not just watch online after someone uploads it? I mean it is usually uploaded somewhere in a matter of hours or less and Equestria Daily keeps links. That's what us poor unfortunate souls do when it takes years to get an episode in our less fortunate countries.

Since there's rules about streaming parties where I work and my lunch break is almost over... I'll have to wait until it's on Discovery Go, since my cable provider dropped the channel. :fluttercry:

Epsilon-Delta
Group Admin

That episode painted Pinkie in a horrible light. I guess she cares more about the bagpipe than her friends now. And now she's going to devote her life to playing the bagpipe terribly, spreading misery instead of joy?

Can I pretend that this was actually the fake Pinkie from the last episode?

The whole ending is just weird. I thought they were going with it taking practice and patience to not suck yet the Yaks just like her playing as is.

Definitely mixed and confusing Aesops all around in this one.

Pinkie's friends do everything they can to be supportive until Pinkie's bad playing actually interferes with their careers, so they take the lesson from Celestia's bad acting and try to apply it here, only to have Pinkie become clinically depressed over not being able to play an instrument. When she can play over ten of them. At once.

The yaks, on the other hand, consider Pinkie's music to be beautiful because it isn't about the sound as much as where it comes from (gasp, inhale...) the heart.

The "What I Learned Today" video guy could make an entire season's worth of jokes on this episode alone.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

So this thread was for the early US release of Yakkity Sax, but now it's the normal US release time, so I'm bumping it.

Think I've got two Australian threads to post, too, since I should've posted one last Sunday. Oops...

--Sweetie Belle

Epsilon-Delta
Group Admin

The episode that never stops premiering.

Oh good, another Ethnic Stereotypes episode, yay.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 19