The Writers' Group 9,301 members · 56,503 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13
SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

It's that time again. Some of you may have already seen it due to the leak(tho' not me), but this weeks episode is "Uncommon Bond", by Josh Haber and Kevin Lapin. Josh Haber's written all sorts of episodes, and Kevin wrote Honest Apple and To Change a Changeling.

Having not looked at the episode, Uncommon Bond sounds like it could be a secret agent name. "The name's Bond. Uncommon Bond". It'd be fun if it was a secret agent story. Of course, there's always a bond like the bond of friendship, too, and a common bond would be having things in common.

Maybe it's a secret agent spy thriller involving solving a friendship problem. Not sure how that would work, but it sounds interesting!

As usual, you can discuss it here, or on discord, and other places, like if knighty does his usual site discussion post.

--Sweetie Belle

In a way, this kind of feels like Starlight Glimmer's version of "Amending Fences", and yet done in the more unique way...

I personally give this episode 7 out of 10. Nothing groundbreaking, but a decent episode all around.

I was under the impression that Season 7 was over.

I have seen the leaks, I want to watch the full episode

Cinder Vel
Group Admin

It is the return of agent Bon, Bon Bon. And she has a history with a certain unicorn in an unexpected way...

Heh would be fun but it ain't true.

Dearie, if you watched leaks then you should have seen the full episode. You sure you aren't referring to just teaser?

I watched parts of the episodes but I want to watch the full episode in full

Uncommon Bonds, maybe this will be a Twilight and Spike episode about how their relationship has changed since Twilight became princesses, or maybe an Applejack episode about -- it's a Starlight episode. SKIP!

Not a terrible episode, but a monotonous one. Three montages of Sunburst bonding with Starlight's friends, and an unfulfilling ending make it not the most interesting ride. Though there is some nifty cinematography.

So are you going to write a story involving those characters because if so I would so totally read it

Hmm, I'll definitely think about it. Perhaps when my schedule opens up next week, I'll give it a try.

This is the third episode in a row that I wasn't too thrilled with. It doesn't really address the problem of growing apart in a practical way. The ending seems to trivialize the problem, as if the board game was the whole point. As for the tie-in with the finale, does it really add anything? I haven't seen the finale, but as it is I can't imagine how getting the book in the barrel could make a big difference vs. Sunburst just showing up when he's needed later.

Also, whaaaaat exactly is under Sunburst's cloak?

Like I said before, this episode was pure shipping fuel.

Come on, I can't be the only one who thought so.

As for the tie-in with the finale, does it really add anything? I haven't seen the finale, but as it is I can't imagine how getting the book in the barrel could make a big difference vs. Sunburst just showing up when he's needed later.

Without spoiling too much, that book is pretty much essential for the plot of the finale.

Basically, introducing it in this episode saved the writers from having to work in a scene where Sunburst explains how he got it.

Sunburst is under Sunburst's cloak, obviously. Exactly how much Sunburst, however, is up to you and your imagination.

I watched the Berrytube stream. The theme of comments appeared to be "Shipping intensifies" and that Sunburst rivals Flash Sentry in terms of waifu stealing.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13