The Writers' Group 9,300 members · 56,457 stories
Comments ( 17 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion,s but some people have rather violent opinions on fictions involving incest.

Why? Why is it so upsetting to you that a different writer is writing a story about incest? It's even more odd that these people usually seem to think they are justified in that anything related to incest is a horrible thing, to which I ask: why is it such a bad thing FOR YOU PERSONALLY if somebody else writes a story involving incest. And, keep in mind, when I say incest I'm talking about consensual incest, not raep-cest.

What are your personal problems with incest-fics?

I have none, lot's of other people do. Don't bait them. This discussion will lead to nothing good.

This thread should be locked, as soon as possible.

Edit: By "I have no problem with it" I really mean in the form of literature/fiction/fanfiction. As for real life, it depends on how close your blood relation is. Brother/sister = nope. Distant cousins that may or may not have grown up with each other = maybe but still a little unnerving.

1219072 it's just...

really really off putting. That's all I'm going to say out of fear that someone else jumps down my throat

1219078>>1219079
RAEGWAR INCOMING!!!
TAKE COVER!

The idea of two siblings...going at it disturbs me. I avoid those fics like the plague and otherwise act like they don't exist, though

Well, first of all, a long history of evolution (inbreeding kills/cripples people) sort of gives people a deep-seated subconscious dislike of it.

Plus society frowns upon it, because for some reason (perhaps the biological one?) it's considered disgusting, blah, etc.

Wild Mass Guessing woo!

Well I don't have a problem with incest fics...actually I don't have a problem with any type of fic. I couldn't care less as long as it was a well written story. I think that the problem with incest is that it just sickens people to think that someone would have sex with a family member.

It's a taboo thing, my man. I'd lock this thread ASAP. For your own good

I'm not violently against them, but the idea of having sex with a family member is just disgusting to me. Also, I wouldn't be as bothered if a few people wrote fics like that, but there's just so much of them.

I think people have a problem with incest fics because it makes them think of their siblings/parents/children in "that way.":twilightoops: That's the only reason I could see people getting their panties in a bunch over it.:moustache:

To those people: For Shame. Don't go blaming others for your dirty minds and/or lack of self control.:trollestia::trollestia::trollestia::trollestia::trollestia:

I actually have no problem with it, they're fictional characters, they don't exist. Besides, reading disturbing fics don't change my view on the characters.

I have no problem. I think I like the ones that are based off the siblings loving and caring for each other so much and rationalize why they can do stuff like that. The ones that are romance, but not quite. Not just incest-clop. That's a little weird, but I don't dislike it. Just odd.

Some peeps have issues with it because they think it's messed up. And they want the author to know that they think it's messed up, so they jock on it to try to get their point across. They believe that they and only they are correct in the matter, and that there is only one way to think about it.

My message to them, tolerate it. Even if you don't like it, you don't have to go on some sort of angry tirade telling the author why they are a terrible person for writing an incest-fic.

When you say 'your own good' I can't help but look at your avatar and shudder *shudder*

Is anyone saying they should actually be banned or otherwise being prevented from being written and shared?

Because people are entitled to be disgusted by whatever they want, just not to force other people to play along.

Personally I think incest is gross as all hell, but I'm not going to stop anyone from reading about it.

Well, I wouldn't mind brother-sister or cousin-incest (to be honest, I lost my virginity to my cousin :ajbemused:) but I have some qualms about mother-son incest since I automatically assume the possibility and image of me and my mom having sex. That's just gross, and I don't know if evolution is responsible for that automated repulsion that takes primacy over reason. That being said, I know to stray away from fics that creeps me out. I don't automatically mash the dislike button on every "Shining Armor X Twilight Velvet" or "Pound Cake X Mrs.Cake" fic I see, I leave those to people who read and enjoy them.

1219072 I love incest, so...
My problem is that there aren't enough!

And this is why I love you :rainbowkiss:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17