Pony Fiction Vault 137 members · 95 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

For all your work editing the stories and interviews and for maintaining the vault for as long as you have?

Thanks. I'm sorry to see the vault getting sealed up, but you've accomplished something really great with this. I wanted to thank you, both as a reader and a writer.

*begins slow clap*

I'm with Eakin here. Thanks RBD, and kudos to you and the awesome work you have done all this time.

Though it is sad the vault is closing, I'm glad the story files and interviews you worked so hard in, won't go anywhere and will keep being downloadable for years to come.

We'll still have you as a writer so everything will be just fine. Thanks again. :twilightsmile:

Hear, hear!

I remember looking at the fledgeling Vault in late 2011, and thinking I could never get in. "Judging by his taste in stories," I thought, "there's no way his views coincide with mine." Now, I'm one of only three people to have gotten in twice, and have had a number of worthwhile exchanges with RBD. You just can't judge a book by its cover.

The Vault contains several stories from the same era, which hold fond memories for me. More important, it's something no other fandom has: A repository of its classics. We all owe its hard-working creator our thanks.

Oh, and RB -- good luck with that degree. :pinkiesmile:

All hail the vaultbrarian.
Brarian of the vault.

I wholeheartedly agree. RBD has brought us a lot of gems over the years, and I for one wholeheartedly appreciate his work and dedication.

I had no idea the Vault existed until I was asked to be in it. I was very confused why I was considered good enough to be in it, but still very honored and impressed by RBD's professionalism. I discovered some of my favorite stories through the Vault, stuff I'd have probably looked over or missed.
More importantly, thanks to the Canterlot Garden panel I met some very good friends through him. I'm grateful for that most of all.

RBDash's hard work and dedication is admirable and he deserves all the praise he gets. Also, he's very nice fella. Three cheers and wishing for the best. :twilightsmile:

Arby puts forth a great face for the fanfiction community with the vault. We're honored to have him.

I agree completely! I've always considered the Vault to be one of the better things about the fandom, and I always admired RBDash47 for creating/maintaining it.

Here's to you, RBDash, for making one of the more unique and special places in the ponydom! :twilightsmile:

*continues slow clap, begins clapping faster and louder*

RBDash47
Site Blogger
Group Admin

To all of you -- reading these was really sweet. Thank you.

Hey, a forum thread! I was actually just thinking the other day about how there's never anything posted in here, and that I didn't really know what I'd post in it anyway. I like your idea though!

I feel pretty much the same way -- sorry I'm closing down, but happy that I'll get a chance to write more.

There just weren't any good examples of your genre back then, AFAIK. Good thing you came along!

I like it!

I wholeheartedly appreciate it!

In your defense, you were only the sixth inductee overall... and hey, the first of the CG group! (Even better, you and Saddles were posted the same week; you on Monday, he on Friday. Vault buddies!)

Every time someone calls me that I'm like, "ArbyWorks? Why... ohhh, right." :rainbowwild:

I'm pretty fond of it myself... it's nice to know others are too.

There's not much I can say that hasn't already been said. The Vault introduced me to quite a few fics and authors I may have never known about without it, and some of the interviews gave me writing advice I still keep in mind whenever I'm churning out ponewords.

Thanks for everything, RBD :twilightsmile: I would be lying if I said the Vault did not help turn me into the writer I am today.

Joined pretty much just to say this. As well as bringing some of the very best fiction to broader attention, the Vault gave writes like me something to aspire to. The idea that I might possibly be able to end up amongst such writers helped drive me to at least try and improve (as I was lamenting in a blog somewhere around here a while back).

Still, the great thing about it is that it won't just disappear. So like everyone else I want to thank you for creating and maintaining it for this so well, for so long and with such good cheer and enthusiasm.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11