Crossovers 7,379 members · 10,977 stories
Comments ( 21 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 21

where can I find the pictures

Is he also being Thanos snapped?

Why is his right side disintegrating

Dude?

Minor suggestion, if you want to post images like that you might want to make sure there's enough space above them to force the image under the "read more" link.

Not everyone wants to be greeted by this image in their notifications.

*applaudes wildly*

Revenge is HAD.

That’s from the first Toy Story movie

You know I didn't think he killed buzz n the others I thought he killed Andy Bonnie and stuff like that now if it were Sid I wouldn't complain much I know that's bad but I really wouldn't complain much

Now, I want to see Tory Story.
Brexit seems so exciting now, and I want to see how it turns out!

I like the original one better, the idea that this killer dude is in the body of a toy and to his horror it's turning into a real kid scares him. That's why he wants Andy so he can get a new human body.

But, the idea that tech we use to make life easier turning against us is interesting.

So basically it's another 'technology has turned on us' story? Like the upcoming Banana Splits movie where the animatronic characters start killing everyone?

"So play nice."

That sounds terrible. I don't get why they would turn it into commentary, this is fucking child's play we are talking about. It is literally the most fun horror movie franchise I have ever seen and they want it to say the same thing every other movie about tech has to say. For god sakes yes we know tech can be used for bad we don't need every movie about a future to be a dystopia becouse of it.

I think that is his stuffing and what is left of his legs being spewed from the blender.

Fair enough, though any movie about robots gaining enough independence to start killing I the start of a dystopia. The worst part of this is that I was so excited when I saw the first trailer I thought they were mixing magic and tech together. In the last movie, they had a cool plotline where Chuckie copied his soul into other dolls and my first thought is what would happen if he made a perfect body for himself. Kevlar skin with flame-retardant clothing, enhanced strength with powerful motors in the joints, hell if he took apart some night vision goggles and planted those in his eyes he would probably gain that ability as well. I thought this movie could show what would happen if magic and tech worked together and that just didn't happen, I suppose it is my own fault though for getting too excited. Hell after the cult of Chuckie I expected the next child's play movie to involve a ten foot tall bronze statue that he put his soul into.

Exactly why would a machine entity even want to kill humans... or anything else? Robots do what they are told to do in their programming. An artificial intelligence would learn what to do by how it was treated, and by what limitations were programmed into it. No A.I. toy could possibly get to market without the Three Laws Of Robotics - or something like them - being installed. This entire iteration of Chucky is, frankly, stupid. Machines are not a danger, they never were. Humans are the only danger, and the only way a machine is going to start killing people is if a human forced it to do so.

What is an A.I. toy going to learn from a child? It isn't going to learn murder unless the child is a murderer. It might learn to hit or yell, but it won't learn to kill people.

The original Child's Play movies at least had a reasonable motivation, even if the doll was entirely magic and soul-transfer. The soul inside the doll was a mass murderer who liked killing people. That is very human, and that is how such human crimes can happen. There really are people like that.

But a machine is no more or less than what people tell it to be. Killer robots are stupid - unless they were deliberately programmed to be killer robots. In that case... how is a toy doll, sold to children, subject to countless safety tests and approvals, ever going to be a killer robot? I can guarantee the new Chucky movie has no valid answer as to why the machine doll goes on a murder spree. I suppose you could try to argue that some military chip got implanted in the doll, but why, and how? And why would any military ever make a robot that kills everyone, regardless of affiliation or nationality? A killer robot should only kill enemy soldiers, and not civilians or your own side!

This new Chucky movie sounds dead stupid from the word go. Nobody except very, very old people is afraid of technology. I'm fucking fifty-nine, and I love technology and see it as the answer and the future and all good things. Because I understand it well enough to know what is and isn't scary about it.

Being afraid of killer robots is for very old people too dull to learn, and ignorant fools prideful of their ignorance.

It's no secret that in this movie Chucky actually wanted to be Andy's friend. He kills because other friends are competition, and maybe because he's jealous of what he can't have. However the movie plays it like Chucky doesn't know any better, he's either a glitchy machine or a kid who throws a tantrum because they did lock him in a closet. Once he's hacking self driving cars I don't really buy the idea that he doesn't understand what he's doing wrong, or that he honestly thinks the woman in that scene is really his main competitor for Andy's love. It might have been better if at some point in the film Chucky outright rejected Andy.

I think there was a missed opportunity with this movie. The original movie had a scene where Chucky quits the act and starts talking like the crude spoken adult man he actually is. In this movie Chucky was supposed to have the ability to access the internet and control Kaslan products. It's mentioned early on but he doesn't actually do it till the midway point. What if the first time he connects, he learned a great deal in a short time. After this his voice could change. Mark Hamill has great range, and a traditional Chucky is basically the Joker with a New York accent anyway. At this point he could have, maybe wanted to kill Andy to prove he was beyond his programming and could do anything from that point on.

Ah, this makes a lot of sense thanks for the information.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 21