Warhammer 40k 1,421 members · 290 stories
Comments ( 27 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 27

Okay so I've recently found out about this. What are your thoughts on these two factions? Who would you join. I personally wouldn't join either. My loyalty is to the Emperor:rainbowhuh:

As always, my loyalties lie with the NLR.

I hate the whole NLR vs SE crap. Seriously, it wasn't good when people first joked about it two years ago, so it's definitely not good now.

About the only thing that was half-decent to come of that debacle was that NACP song

Solar empire ftw! I'm not afraid to be part of a minority :rainbowdetermined2:

Neither. I'd roll with the Alpha Legion all the way.

I don't preach it, and I respect anyone on the NLR. I just like the idea, that's all

1640809 For the New Lunar Republic! Long live the night!

Personally my loyalty will always lie to the Emperor (or Celestia, if anyone's read the God Empress of Ponykind fic, but whatever.), but I find the NLR a bit more interesting. Solar Empire is the same old Royal Guard that we see in all of the episodes; I find the batponies and their silver/blue/violet color schemes to be interesting.

Also a bit of a war and history buff, so the concept of a rebellion for whatever reason interests me like the Horus Heresy interests me.

Can someone explain to me what this whole thing is about?

1641102 I don't know the inn's and outs but the gist is that Luna rebels against Celestia and forme the New Luna Republic (NLR) and Celetstia forms the Solar Empire (SE) and they go to war.

Personally I wouldn't side with either and go to the Gryphon Kingdoms for a LONG holiday

Interesting. Well in that case I side with Szarekh, the Silent King.

My loyalty's lie with the Tau Empire and the Greater Good.

Friends, comrades, fellow humans. How can you turn your backs on our Emperor? Have you forgotten he who sits upon the Golden Throne of Terra, who gave his life and chose the good of Humanity over his most favored son? Even now, his light shines out through the cosmos, guiding the Navigators so that Humanity might endure! By his light we know he lives, yet what is this talk of heresy? Of loyalty to another than the rightful Emperor of Mankind?

Surely this is but a passing madness, for the Commissar draws near to test our faith, and he will not look kindly upon any humans unwilling to pay their eternal debit!

(Sorry, an old IG player.)

Personally, I think that Celestia and Luna buried the hatchet long ago. One of the stories I need to polish and release soon actually is about Luna's perspective on her banishment. She and Celestia actually have a showdown like the Emperor and Horus, and Nightmare Moon almost wins because she keeps lying and weakening Celestia's will to hurt her only sister. However, thanks to a nameless Guardspony who stumbles into the epic confrontation and chooses to step between Nightmare Moon and Celestia, the Princess of the Sun sees what her sister has become. She kills the guardspony without a thought, even though he's not a threat to her. All he did was refuse to move.

(Ollanius Pius FTW!)

Naturally, this causes Celestia to see what Nightmare Moon truly is. Luna remembers every second of what she did as Nightmare Moon, and so she would rather eat glass than rebel against her sister again. She thinks that she'll just become another monster. The story is focused on her realizing that Celestia needs her to be a check and balance, because even the Princess of the Sun makes mistakes.

Really not much on the whole Solar Empire-NLR thing. It's not what FiM is about, it's just a pointless rah-rah war for the sake of war. FiM's not about who wears the crown, it's about liberty and friendship.

Lol if it were only in the pony world I'm NLR all the way, however my loyalty first and foremost is the the Emperor!
The Emperor protects!!!

Luna protects.

And if she doesn't, there's always the Nightmare Bringer.

1640809 Where free will exists, all empires crumble. Chaos alone is immortal. (Also, both sisters are incredibly boring characters with no real complicated traits, and not half the stomach to run an empire) The Immaterium beckons.

Ah, loyalists! Ever faithful to that rotting Emperor...
Do you not know? His soul, has been picked clean, centuries ago!

Chaos is great

Blood for the blood god
Pleasure for pleasure's sake
Plague, ravage, rot and death
Power through change
The dark gods march in step

More like victory

This guy has it right.

For the undying Emperor! His Imperium will never fall!

We are her Space Marines! We are the Emperors Fury!

All these loyalist dogs.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 27