The Hero... Nightmare Moon? 2,180 members · 319 stories
Comments ( 34 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 34

Then the tyrant Daybreaker?

Celestia makes a better tyrant. She sends what's probably the equivalent to a 15 year old to battle someone who would have no qualms with killing literally everyone in the world off... Without being a nightmare.

Nightmare Moon was, is and will better. Corrupted versions of Celestia are nothing new and they always bowed to Dark Queen, same with canon Daybreaker.

Second picture make me dawww. Good she isn't my children, because otherwise I will start preparations for worldwide coup-de-etat. And certainly get jailed as effect.

Edit: Remember Nightmare's Equestria from Alternate Timelines. It was actually working tyranny, when Daybreaker probably after year would destroy everything and everybody.

Sorry but daybreaker is... Hot...

Ill see myself out..

But i like daybreakers design and colors. Then again im a celestiafag so im biased.

Yeah That's pretty much her.

NMM seems to be a James Bond-eqse kind of personality while Daybreaker just seems to be so gleefully evil that I just like her more

When I look on Daybreaker I just see a cheap imitation of NMM, that couldn't, shouldn't and in my opinion never will defeat Moony. After all, Celestia has the power over one star, that is the closest to Equs. Luna controls all of the rest, that are far further from the planet and yet, still have enough power to guard dreams. See the logic?

Nightmare Moon is complex with a sad, tragic backstory.
Daybreaker is joyfully evil for evil sake.
So the question is what do you like more?
Serious or over the top?

It's a working government with tourism!
And with Daybreaker canon now,

Thats my headcanon!

Solar Flare (Daybeaker is an attempt at avoiding copy rights. See Derpy Hooves - "Muffins") as she stands in the show is nothing but mockery. Be Solar to really rise, she would be more of static anger against all foes of her throne. With complete lack of emotion what so ever. Also Coronal Mass Rejection - scary as fuck.
Black Lady is better in both motivation, character, power scope and design. With Solar Flare all you can do is "Praise the sun and hide in caves."...

I think that Luna never showed all of her power until she became Nightmare Moon because Celestia seems pretty confident that she can beat her sister in Princess Twilight Sparkle part two then she gets shot out of the sky so she uses the elements to beat her.
And I very much prefer bad guys who use their heads more than sheer force!

Serious all the way!

We saw them fighting in places that complement Daybreaker's color scheme and yes I like her, but I still like Nightmare Moon better!

I have liked Nightmare Moon from the moment I first started watching the show. To me she will always top Daybreaker.

I'm pretty certain that had Celestia not had the Elements, SHE would have wound up on the moon and Nightmare Moon's reign would have been eternal.

5988055 Of course I still like Nightmare Moon better.

Her followers be like, "We'll follow you till the end- Oh Crap run!"

Nightmare Moon is still way better then Day Breaker. :rainbowdetermined2:

As Nightmare is born from envy, I always imagined Solar Flare as being of pure pride. Believing herself to be unreachably higher than worthless mortals, so they can only worship her, pure ideal. After all after hundreds years of praises and adorations for you from everybody for your work, it's easy to believing that it's absolutly true, what they say.

i still like nightmare moon better.

I have and wear a New Lunar Republic patch Nightmare Moon best split personality princess!

It wouldn't much sense to like one over the other. Assuming, of course, that the two characters are the same entity inside different bodies.

Praise the night and Eternal Darkness!:heart:

Nightmare Moon still best princess.

As if I'd betray Majestic Moon Queen

There's more than just envy involved, though. There's also a demonic spirit involved.

While possesing is strongly suggested in show, there is a lot of different fanons about origins of Nightmare Moon. Like theories about Luna shedding blame on some "demon", while this all was her.

I'm going with what canon gives me, though. Given that Nightmare Rarity is explicitly Nightmare Moon inside a different body.

I like Nightmare Moon better, because:
1. She had a more legitimate and righteous reason for going dark. All Daybreaker went dark for was just pure narsicism.
2. She needed to be defeated by the Elements of Harmony. All it took for Daybreaker was a magical burst from Celestia.

Also, Nightmare Moon gobbles little foals up that don't give her candy on Nightmare Night. What can Daybreaker do to top that?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 34