The Hero... Nightmare Moon? 2,181 members · 321 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18

Like the title says what did she do on the moon for a thousand years? Was she trapped on it, sealed inside?

i'd like to think she spent her thousand years on the moon clopping to everyone using a telescope to spy on every one. that or fighting galactic sized entities screaming "WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!!" i think its better than spending a thousand years brooding over your own defeat

4009749 I certainly hope she wasn't trapped literally on the surface of the moon. There'd be absolutely nothing to do, other than maybe make inukshuks outta moon rocks. Not to mention the fact that it would be deathly quiet for a thousand years.

It's a damn wonder she didn't go insane.

Well, in April there's going to be a comic covering that very thing. It's part of a limited-run series titled Fiendship is Magic, and it will have a new issue covering a different villain every Wednesday in April in this order:

King Sombra - 4/1/15
Tirek - 4/8/15
The Sirens - 4/15/15
Nightmare Moon - 4/22/15
Queen Chrysalis - 4/29/15

4009749 I imagine that Nightmare and Luna were split in two on the moon, one on the dark side and one on the light. That is why she was sent there, to give Luna a chance to prepare herself to battle Nightmare again so that she might win next time. So Nightmare spends her time wallowing in her own bitterness while Luna builds her defences in preparation for facing Nightmare again on Equestria to battle her on their shared mental plane.

My headcanon is that she trained harder than Rocky Balboa on the moon to prepare for her battle against Celestia.
But then there's this picture and I think it's also a valid explanation. :trollestia:

4009749 Reenacted Moonstuck

She wasn't on the Moon. I separated her into two separate entities, Luna and Nightmare Moon, and took them out for ice cream every Sunday, and helped them build their Lunar Palace.

It's a damn wonder she didn't go insane?
THAT'S THE TRUE REASON NIGHTMARE MOON WAS BORN!
Celestia misfired the EoH and hit Luna on accident, and Luna went nuts on the moon, creating Nightmare Moon. And she drew a wonderful giant picture of her face.

4012232 We can call her Looney Luna.

4012237 Great idea! No Nightmare Moon,l not anymore! Rename the group into: The here... Looney Luna!
And change the show!

She wrote offensive graffiti in mile-long characters, that would only appear when their shadows were cast during the waxing gibbous phase.

she thought about what she did and started to question what she had done so that when she returned the elements were able to let Luna out of the prison that she was in and so the stars

would aide in her escape so

she was the moon.

5853269 111w necro. You are just on a roll, aren't you?

5853599 I love my mind:pinkiehappy:
And Thank You:yay:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18