Fallout Equestria 5,362 members · 2,614 stories
Comments ( 31 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 31

This thread is about the questions that people often ask in these forums - questions that have been answered millions of times before. If you have a question about your story, or the original story, or what to write, there's a chance it might be one of these. (More questions may be added to this list in the future)

We've all probably asked one of these questions at some point in our time here in the Fo:E group, so don't feel bad if you've asked any of these before.

* Is [insert side-story title here] canon?
No. The only story that is canon to the Fallout: Equestria universe is the original Fallout: Equestria, written by Kkat. No other side-story that has ever been, and will ever be written is canon, with the exception of A Mare Worth Fighting For, by Pacce. I cannot stress this enough: no story other than the original is canon. No, Project Horizons isn't canon, either, despite Equestria Daily's questionable use of the phrase 'Kkat Approved' on the story's EQD page. I don't feel like digging into that can of worms, so here's a link to my explanation on what it actually means on the FimFiction Survival Guide.

* Has [insert idea here] been done yet?
Yes. If you think about asking whether or not your idea has been done in other works of fiction, then the answer is yes. The chances of your great idea being 100% original are astronomical, given the span of human history, and the amount of thinking and writing the species Homo sapiens and their pre-historic ancestors have been doing since the time the first Australopithecus afarensis decided to pick up a rock and beat an animal to death with it.

* If my idea has already been used in the past, can I still use it?
Yes. Of course. Nobody has the right to tell you what not to write. If you want to know how to use a cliched idea, while still making it original, then it's all about how your idea is executed in your story. I talk more about this subject, here, where I discuss how to take an overused idea and make it unique and interesting.

* What happened to [insert character name here] before/during/after the Great War? Can I write about him/her?
I don't know. It's up to you. Well actually, it depends on whether or not the character was seen in Kkat's Fallout: Equestria. Their appearance in the original determines their fate - whether they died before or during the balefire bombing of the world, whether they died during the story, or whether they survived to the end of the story. If Kkat didn't seal a character's fate in the original story, or if they didn't appear in the story at all, their story is a blank slate.
If the character(s) didn't appear in the story at all then you can write whatever your little heart desires.

ALSO

Also, if you have questions about writing, planning your story, or other stuff, it's more than likely covered somewhere in one of the blogs/guides/bullet points that can be found in this thread. Please do give it a look over.

poor interloper:fluttercry: The natives are restless and running our friendly admin ragged again?

In simplest words possible, write whatever the hell you want

Pretty much yeah. Though they still had to be answered for the sake of posterity.

It's okay. We, as group admins, are used to people giving us shit for doing our jobs.

5561212 Well, if it means anything, I apologize if I did this myself in the past.

We all have ... we all have ...

5561185 So how many times do you have to post this shit for people new the this sub fandom?

Until they stop asking.

Courage Camille, courage:fluttershysad:

5561200 Power to the author!

The sardonic tone of my OP wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

I feel like I have caused this in some form...
Welp,
mission accomplished!

5561234 So until the day you die then?

Well hopefully this will make it a bit better:

Stop!
You'll hurt his eyes with the creativity of others!
The artist is just too good!

5561723 Well it's not like I'm TRYING to give him a heart attack...

Comment posted by SumDankPony deleted Oct 14th, 2016
Nyerguds
Group Admin

Actually, until people learn to read the sticky threads. Same result though :facehoof:

Even Kkat has stated that FoE canon isn't to be taken as canon. I plan on twisting a certain Mane Six's fate beyond Maripony, even going so far as to say she wasn't even actually thereā€¦ and that a completely different fate befell her. :pinkiecrazy:

Because she is literally the ONLY ONE it could happen to.

Even Kkat has stated that FoE canon isn't to be taken as canon.

I guess, taken literally, that statement is untrue, but I get what you mean. What you probably mean to say, is that she is indifferent towards canonicity, and has given us free rein to basically do whatever we want with her story's universe. But that isn't to say that she doesn't care about what we do, because she does, and she will tell you what she thinks about your story's premise if asked.

However, she won't tell you what you can or can't write, and neither will I. Regardless, canon is canon, whether you choose to disregard it (much to some stories' detriment...) or not. If it happened in the story, which is a finished work that even Kkat refuses to change or even edit further, then it is canon.

Anyways, what you plan on doing is called an alternate universe, which Kkat is indifferent towards, as well.

In other words, she doesn't really care what anybody writes.

I don't know what that is, but it's probably okay since there aren't any rules about writing Fo:E, or stories for that matter, anyways.

5656745 okay i know there was issue about my oc casting call.

But can i instead make a thread with a link to my blog page for the oc casting call?

Creating a thread with a link to your blog is functionally the same as writing your blog in a thread.

This isn't a forum for threads that seek writing help, whether it may be looking for collaborators, or editors. I can't really tell you where you can post a thread about an 'oc casting call' on this website. But now that I know what it is, I can tell you that it would not be appropriate to post it in this group.

5662342 alright just asking i understand

Alright I'm trying to understand the lore of all this. What I would to ask is, How long was the great war leading up to the bombs falling? I can not for the life of me find how long it lasted

Phoenix_Dragon
Group Contributor

It's never said explicitly, but there are a couple conversations referring to the Littlehorn Massacre. The conversations alternately describe it as about ten years into the war and around the halfway point, so that would make the war last about twenty years.

Comment posted by Shakuras deleted Dec 8th, 2022
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 31