In General 586 members · 3,883 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20
TheClownPrinceofCrime
Group Contributor

I honestly hate it for a lot of reasons. Not gonna lie. The theme song is very catchy though.

But what about you guys?

I like it too. Too bad they didn't make another season of this though.

The ending stunk. The rightful queen was on on the throne and for some reason despite giving it up in the first place she decides to lead a rebellion to take back the throne that wasn't hers. And yes with the monsters being equal it would take time and effort in both sides to make it work but the former queen could have helped with this. Instead she made things so bad that destroying the magic was the only way to solve it.

Was one of my absolute favorite shows. I was obsessed with it. Then season 3 and four sucked any and all of my enthusiasm out and the ending was so bad. I've read Star fanfiction that had better resolves than the actual show...

A Man Undercover
Group Contributor

I still never saw the program in its entirety, although I have been watching clips of it here and there.

First three seasons were enjoyable (three in my eyes at least :P). :)

Fourth season though? Yeah... one can see how it fell apart, most notably the infamous series finale: Cleaved. :/

Arthor2017
Group Admin

One of those cartoons that started pretty well but ended badly. A shame.

I saw one episode while waiting for the MLP Season 5 premier to come on and I can say I enjoyed it a LOT more than The Cutie Map.

But over time, they became the opposite. Season 5 became my favorite season of MLP: FiM, and Star, I started to lose interest in it as Season 2 progressed. But I persevered to the end of the Toffee arc so I could see him killed off for real, and then set that as my checkpoint and stopped there.

And good thing I did too coz I hear it gets really bad from there, and of course, ends with Star committing genocide of magical creatures. Basically becoming her world's Thanos, except the difference is people actually enjoyed MCU and such an act was expected of Thanos.

7739269 I actually wanted to watch it, but I just couldn't for the most stupid of reasons:
-I don't get the hearts on her cheeks. What are they?
-The guy's face is asymmetrical.
-She has a wand and that basically implies that anything is possible.

I loved the series, though the finale was really weak and :facehoof:

Season 3 was good season 4 bad.

In fact I think there should be a Star vs the forces of evil season 4 did not happen group

It's a pretty solid work. It kind of hit a seasonal rot by the second season, but once Eclipsa became part of the regualr cast, it regained the steam. And while I understand why the ending was so controversial, it was an interesting aversion of the typical "everything's fixed" kind of finale.

Though, since so much setting and world got flipped on its head by the end, I really wish they made a follow-up exploring those changes.

Okay, hold on. I never get the genocide on magical creatures part. I mean, we do know the Magical Council did die in the end, but it's stated it was because they were entirely made out of magic. While every other magical creature is only partially magic. Hence, we did see a lot of them alive and well by the last sequence. And the whole thing was to prevent a genocide of monsters. Or did I miss something?

I think the reveal that Moon Butterfly was willing to go such extremes in order to preserve power was a decent twist. It was established through the series she did have some authoritarian views, an 'end justifies the means' mindset, and a pretty egotistical approach to how her actions affected others including her daughter.

It also goes along with the general themes of adverting expectations and things not being what they seem at first.

CROSSOVER KING
Group Admin

I thought it was just okay. Nothing mind-blowing, but nothing terrible either. Also, even though I wasn't mad at how the story got resolved in the final season, I do think it could've been handled a lot better than the actual resolution.

I saw clips on Youtube.
Want to see more.

Was great until final stretch honestly

As much as I used to barely watch the show anymore, mainly due to how controversial its ending and shipping was in my opinion, I still find it at least decent to watch. This is usually because of four characters that I love the most: Toffee, Meteora, Tom Lucitor, and especially Eclipsa, one of my top five favorite characters of all time so far.

Overrated and nowhere near as cool as people say it is.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20