Friendship Is Awesomes 294 members · 14,173 stories
Comments ( 304 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 304
JNKing
Group Admin

Say you could get anyone from any form of fiction to voice your OCs. Who would you pick? And what performance would you prefer they draw from?

Here's some of my own for an example:

Magma Burn's voice actor is Bill Nighy who played Davy Jones in Pirates of the Caribbean as well as Rango from Rattlesnake Jake.

JNKing
Group Admin

An awesome voice for an awesome character. :pinkiehappy:

Nice. 👍

Thank you so much! :twilightsmile: I've came to love your OCs even more upon learning about your voice actors. Watching a sample of their voice on those youtube clips brought me back to my all time favorite characters from tv shows, video games and movies :rainbowdetermined2:

Yoshifan30
Group Admin

Yoshifan - Sam Vincent from Ed edd n eddy

For Starry Night, I think the obvious choice would be Timothy Witnall.

Ragnarok17
Group Admin

I didn't think of that but I feel Kyan is voiced by one of my favorite MCU actor….

Robert Downey Jr

I imagine even though he loves Twilight, he does like to mess around with her like Tony did with Pepper.

Twilight (worried): Kyan! Stop scaring me! You know I don't like it when you do that to me!

Kyan: Sorry, Twi… I just get a kick out of your reaction.

Twilight: Oh gosh!

As for Argo, it was a bit difficult of thinking of who could voice him until I came across this video that make me go! That's him! The voice of Argo!

J.K. Simmons

I pictured this scene when Argo constantly torturing powerless chained up Kyan in front of chained up Twilight.

Argo punch Kyan's chest

Twilight (sobbing: Stop it! Stop hurting him, Argo!

Argo: Answer me again, Kyan… Why do you still care about the multiverses?!

Kyan: Because that's right thing-

Argo: STOP GIVING ME THAT EXCUSE, DAMN IT!!!!

He punch Kyan again

Argo: Okay, next question… Is those people worth of protecting it despite years of pointless conflicts with each other?

Kyan: Yes-

He punch him twice

Argo: OH MY GOD!!! I KNEW YOU WOULD SAID THAT BULLSHIT!!!! IF YOU TRIED TO STOP ME FROM DESTROYING THE MULTIVERSES, I WILL MAKE SURE THAT YOUR BELOVED WILL BE FUCKED LIKE A SEX DOLL!!!!!

Kyan (glaring): Don't you dare-

He punch him for three times

Argo: JESUS CHRIST!!!! YOU LETTING THAT MARE BRAINWASHED YOU?!?! THANK GOD THAT I'M ASEXUAL CAUSE I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO SUCCEED IN MY GOAL IF SOMEONE USES SEX AS A DISTRACTION ON ME!!! GET REAL, KYAN!!!!! YOU CAN'T BEAT ME AND YOU NEVER WILL!!!!!

I wasn't thinking of making another OC before this post but I decides to introduce the god of Shadow Jackers and Kyan's personal arch-enemy named Eki and his voice actor would be the one that will appeared in upcoming Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania is…

Jonathan Majors

I will talk more about Eki for his own post but for now, let's just says Eki is an enigmatic god who views everyone who isn't Shadow Jackers as amusing play set and likes to troll Kyan a lot because it's amusing to him.

CROSSOVER KING
Group Admin

He also voiced both Flim and Party Favor in Friendship is Magic, as well as Sideswipe in Transformers: Armada.

Yoshifan30
Group Admin

He also did the voice for Dexter in the show called Hamtaro as well and also the voice of Russell from Littlest Pet Shop

CROSSOVER KING
Group Admin

Well, since my OC is a reality-warping shapeshifter who has no permanent form, I think it's reasonable that he should be voiced by Robert Englund; the actor who played Freddy Krueger in A Nightmare on Elm Street and voiced Scarecrow in Injustice 2.

For of course Jimmy Hook The Female Bat Pony/My Female Bat Pony Self from yours truly..... it would have to be..... Shannon Chan-Kent. :)

Reason why: When I heard her voice Smolder (aka My 2nd Favorite Dragon) in Seasons 8 and 9 of MLP FIM..... I knew she would be the perfect VA for My Female Bat Pony Self. =3

For Liberty, one of my moon dragons is voice by Marsai Marin, who also voice a character name liberty

Blazing Strom-Todd Haberkorn who voice Natsu

Burning Sol- Nolan North who voice Superboy

Apollo- Chuck Huber, who voice Android 17 and James Napier who play Conner in Dino Thunder

Odium would be voiced by Yuri Lowenthal, who played teenage Ben from the Ben 10 franchise.

I think you meant Rattlesnake Jake from Rango.

Yep! That's right! Hehehe. Sorry.

Mika: https://youtu.be/wLZbkLqdC_E
Astral: yusei fudo https://youtu.be/vIcPPSBe7Ak
Savage: Sora's voice actor for smash bros ultimate https://youtu.be/P1NpRwlsmb8
Bluu: Ash Ketchum (eng dub) https://youtu.be/j_9_zXWZ5E4 (when a pup), Grey Fulbuster (eng dub) https://youtu.be/vpwenqB6H1w (current)
Fucang Long: buff All Might https://youtu.be/Vistr4iSBFk

Changed up Bluu.

JNKing
Group Admin

Nice choices.

Eki sounds like he'd get along great with Discord. And Jonathan Majors sounds like a great choice for that type of character.

Same for Downey and Simmons, though I can't help but think of the memes Simmons has spawned with his roles.

Imagine if someone meta like, say, Star Wing, was fighting him, and she noticed how he sounded.

Star: You know, you sound kinda familiar? (Smiles) You gonna calm down if I getcha the pictures of Spiderman?

Granted, she'd probably get her tail kicked for trying that, but it'd be worth it in her eyes.

Thanks for sharing. :pinkiehappy:

JNKing
Group Admin

Glad I was able to provide some nostalgia. :pinkiehappy:

JNKing
Group Admin

Robert England does have a knack for the reality warpers, doesn't he? :twilightsmile:

Nice choice. Thanks for sharing. 👍

JNKing
Group Admin

Yeah, I can definitely see Odium with Teenage Ben's voice.

Nice choice. Thanks for sharing. 👍

JNKing
Group Admin

Cool.

I only really know Burning Sol from your previous forums, but the voice definitely matches.

Nice choices. Thanks for sharing. :twilightsmile:

JNKing
Group Admin

Smolder's voice is pretty awesome, isn't it? :twilightsmile:

JNKing
Group Admin

Neat choice with Sam Vincent.

Like Crossover King mentioned, he's done a lot of good work in the past.

Thanks for sharing. 👍

JNKing
Group Admin

Cool choices.

Thanks for sharing. :pinkiehappy:

JNKing
Group Admin

Cool.

Is there any performance Timothy Witnall did in particular that makes him the obvious choice?

JNKing
Group Admin

The idea of Josh Brolin still doing his Thanos voice for the dialogue you've got for your version of Thanos is both hysterical and awesome.

Also love the inclusion of Vaggie from Hazbin Hotel and Seras from Hellsing Ultimate Abridged. I love those two shows, and ironically kinda heard their voices the last time I read your story.

Thanks for sharing. :twilightsmile: 👍

You're welcome, that's the hilarity of Thanos, he has an intimidating voice but doesn't do intimidating things 30% of the time.

Well, since Burning Sol is somewhat of the short temper type of dragon and the type would attack anyone that get on his bad side. I think the voice suit him. And if you want to know more about my other oc just PM me if you want to know more about them

JNKing
Group Admin

Thanks.

I'm pretty busy right now, but I'll definitely keep the offer in mind; I'd love to be able to share info about OCs.

It fine if you are busy

His performance as Timothy in Thomas and Friends springs to mind.

JNKing
Group Admin

Thanks for understanding. :twilightsmile:

JNKing
Group Admin

Cool. :pinkiehappy: 👍

My OC is a green furred unicorn with a yellow mane named Owen. As for what his voice actor would be, idk. I never thought of that.

JNKing
Group Admin

Neat.

Just give it some thought; is there a character in a show or movie you really liked that you feel Owen would sound like? The voice doesn't have to be exactly the same; just enough that it makes you think of Owen.

I guess he could have Cosmo’s voice from Fairly Odd Parents, either pitch is okay for me since I didn’t mind the high pitch voice.

JNKing
Group Admin

With the green fur, it makes a lot of sense.

Thanks for sharing. :pinkiehappy: 👍

Yoshifan30
Group Admin

Yeah he dose a lot of voice acting and I like how he act in the cartoon shows like ed edd n eddy

JNKing
Group Admin

I can definitely understand why. He does a good job as Double D, doesn't he?

Yoshifan30
Group Admin

Yeah I always admire his voice acting for other shows does he sound so timid and professional voice

I don't know many voice actors, so I'll just say their characters instead.

• Helix (a scientist who used a Pokemon transformation potion to turn himself into a Decidueye, an owl archer Pokemon) - I'm not sure about Helix. Maybe Han Solo (original trilogy), MacGyver, or Jotaro Kujo?
  • Splash Hoof (the Keldeo from Kyurem Vs. The Sword of Justice; he's gotten older, so his voice actor would obviously change) - Marth or Roy from Fire Emblem (I only know their voices from Smash Ultimate; I haven't played Fire Emblem)
  • Torrent Blast (the older brother of Splash Hoof) - Shadow the Hedgehog or Dark Pit from Kid Icarus: Uprising
  • Azure Lakefront (the mother of Splash Hoof and Torrent Blast) - Zelda in Smash Ultimate (I don't know which Zelda game that version of her is from)
  • Stormchaser (the father of Splash Hoof and Torrent Blast) - Chrom from Fire Emblem
  • Lucina (the wife of the Lucario from Super Smash Bros Brawl) - Some female character with a British accent. Sorry, I don't know any besides Gloria from Pokemon Masters EX, that one girl from Harry Potter, and Peppa Pig. And Lucina is a bit too old to be played by those characters' voice actors. Maybe the Luminary's mother from Dragon Quest XI could work?
JNKing
Group Admin

Nice picks.

Thanks as well for putting the characters up. I like voice actors and actresses well enough, but let's be honest; it's much easier to remember the characters they played.

Indeed. =3

And I'm amazed at the various voices that Shannon Chan-Kent has voiced in MLP FIM, in addition to Smolder. =3

JNKing
Group Admin

A good voice actor/actress is a person of many voices.

Look at Mel Blanc; he voiced pretty much every Looney Tunes character on screen.

And if he can do it, actors and actresses like Shannon Chan-Kent have the potential to do it as well.

Blizzard Ice is voiced by Johnny Depp who voiced the main character in the movie Rango

JNKing
Group Admin

Johnny Depp did awesome as Rango. I love the idea of him as Blizzard.

Nice choice. Thanks for sharing. :twilightsmile: 👍

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 304