Reviewers' Mansion 284 members · 653 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
Dreams of Ponies
Group Contributor
ESoup: Food or Drink?
The question that has haunted pony philosophers for ages... answered at last.
Ninjadeadbeard · 1.7k words  ·  102  2 · 1.4k views

Great... now I'm hungry.

Plot: As thick, or as watery as chicken noodle soup. While mostly predictable, I still enjoyed what was there. Grade: 8.5/10

Grammar: Hardly an error in sight. I appreciate that, greatly. Grade: 9.5/10

Prose: Dialog was written sharp and to the point. With a limited scope, I can appreciate the lack of fluffy descriptions, more to enjoy the speed and punch lines of the story. Grade: 9.5/10

Characters: I mean, yeah, I could totally see our favorite ponies getting into an overblown argument about something completely inconsequential. I've no complaints here. Grade: 10/10

X Factor: I shall give an extra half point here, simply for the image of Rarity tossed in the party cave for excessive 'neutrality'.

To sum up: A silly story with a silly premise featuring silly ponies making silly arguments. Would snuzzle again. Total grade: 9.25/10

<For archival purposes: 9.25/10>

Where are the examples?

Is this a review on literal soup?

Oh hey! Glad you liked it so much! I was very happy with how this one turned out, and with how vigorous the debates became once this critical point of contention was finally brought to light. :raritywink:

But yeah, like 7543628 said, were there any specific examples of stuff you liked or didn’t like?

Dreams of Ponies
Group Contributor

I didn't have a whole bunch of specific examples worth mentioning after a first reading, as the story was quite short and I was satisfied simply enjoying it; but since you've asked, I'll oblige.

The complete disregard for Twilight's library rules with Trixie's peanut-cracker card tower was rather amusing and perfectly in character for the silly showpony, though I would have enjoyed seeing Twilight roast her alive for it.

Asking Starlight if she's got a giant memory modification spell and the answer not being an immediate no makes me wonder what the backstory is for that. I want that story next.

As for things I didn't like?

The only thing that came to mind was Applejacks accent being a little too thick for me personally. I mean, it still worked phonetically, it just made my eye twitch a little while reading.

The only other issue stems from it being a short one shot. I would have loved it to go on a bit longer.

Sorry for not being more explicit in my review. I will endeavor to include more details in future ones. Have a great day:twilightsmile:

No worries, this was perfect! Thank you so much! :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5