Season 9 never happened!! 93 members · 26 stories
Comments ( 30 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 30

Well where shall I get started.

Celestia and Luna retiring- That has to be one of the worst things out there. Two ponies who have run the show for over a thousand years simply decide to step down and allow a pony (Twilight) with so little life experience to take over. They could put her in a position where she can make decisions and provide suggestions to the Royal Pony Sisters but Celestia and Luna would always have the final say.

Discord being Grogar- This totally ruined things for me. I had grown to like Grogar as a villain, probably because I grew up with the G1 version of him. I liked his dominant personality and no nonsense take on things.

Not enough Starlight Glimmer- Well that one is pretty self-explanatory. It seemed like they just pushed her onto the back burner, especially compared to season seven where she was a primary character....well that and they didn't have her do something truly heroic and get her wings, that and make her and Trixie a couple. They did it with Scootaloo's aunts and Lyra and Bon Bon so why not them?

Tirek, Cozy Glow and Chrysalis's fate- It lacks originality for one. Discord had already been there and I'm sure they could have found a different way to handle them. Strip Tirek and Chrysalis of their magical abilities that make them dangerous and then make the three live together as a family. That would have been much better and would have provided material for a spin-off series.

Twilight being a Celestia re-color- That too lacks originality. What would have been wrong with leaving her alone when it comes to size? I had always believed that growing large like that was a genetic thing involving the Royal Pony Sisters. In the end, it winds up simply being a perk of ruling Equestria and I think that really cheapens Celestia and Luna. Using that logic, you could put Snips and Snails in as leaders and they'd grow big like that.

Luster Dawn- Nothing more than a pre-series Twilight Sparkle, doesn't care for friendship but then at the end of episode 26 Twi moves her to Ponyville and she makes friends.

Episode 26- EVERYTHING. That episode was half-assed at best and seemed like it was the writers simply wanting to end things with zero effort.

Celestia and Luna retiring- That has to be one of the worst things out there. Two ponies who have run the show for over a thousand years simply decide to step down and allow a pony (Twilight) with so little life experience to take over. They could put her in a position where she can make decisions and provide suggestions to the Royal Pony Sisters but Celestia and Luna would always have the final say.

HELL YEAH! No matter what though, that's always my main complaint on Season 9. Besides, I'm glad that I'm not the only one. :)

If only they had just let the sisters retire.

I swear, sometimes this season felt like they were actively trying to ruin things.

Yeah, weren't they realizing most of the characters were acting OOC? Especially Twilight of course. :/

I was not a fan of having Celestia being afraid of a chicken. That was truly horrible in my opinion.

I did notice that they didn't seem quite right. I didn't think much about it until other people brought it up.

Yeah, I agree with pretty much everything.

I agree with your agreement.

Yep. After all, I'm still a major player.

Comment posted by AJW73 deleted May 31st, 2020
AJW73 #12 · Jun 1st, 2020 · · 1 ·

Not to mention the fact that Luna spent 1000 of those years on the moon.

Celestia and Luna retiring fills me with such rage it's hard to explain, really. S9, you did goofed.

I agree with everything. Season 9 was very, veryyy forced:fluttershbad:

Got that right as well.

Celestia and Luna retiring- That has to be one of the worst things out there. Two ponies who have run the show for over a thousand years simply decide to step down and allow a pony (Twilight) with so little life experience to take over.

Because never mind the fact that this was always Lauren Faust's plan for the character — for her to succeed Celestia. And you call everything she went through over the course of the series not giving her any life experience? Please.

Discord being Grogar-

Honestly, how did nobody see that coming? The writers made it pretty obvious that it was Discord at the very start of the season. When I first saw Grogar for the first time, I literally said, "That's Discord." But then I dismissed this assertion because then I thought, "No, no. The writers wouldn't be that stupid." But this speaks more of a problem going on in current writing in general than the show itself.

It seemed like they just pushed her onto the back burner

You mean like they've done since she was added to the cast all the way back in season five?

especially compared to season seven where she was a primary character

Uh, no. She wasn't. She only appeared in eleven out of twenty-six episodes in season seven, and she was only a major player in seven of them, being reduced as a side character or barely even having a presence in the other episodes she appeared in at all.

well that and they didn't have her do something truly heroic and get her wings

:rainbowlaugh: Why in the hell would the writers give her wings? First and foremost, she didn't do anything to earn them. Secondly, at what point in the series did she ever say or make any mention of the fact that she wanted to be an alicorn. Not every powerful unicorn is destined to become an alicorn in the future. What is with this f#ndom's obsession with turning every major character into an alicorn? Say what you will about "Magical Mystery Cure", but at least Twilight becoming an alicorn made sense within the context of the show, especially considering how her Element was represented by a freaking tiara. And that's not bringing up the fact that it's been shown multiple times in the series tbat Twilight wanted to be like Celestia. Besides which, making Starlight an alicorn would've done nothing except piss her sizable hatedom off and given them more fuel for their dislike of her.

that and make her and Trixie a couple. They did it with Scootaloo's aunts and Lyra and Bon Bon so why not them?

Oh, shut up! :facehoof: Dear God, this just might be one of the stupidest arguments for disliking this season that I've ever heard. First of all, at no point in the show was it shown that Trixie and Starlight were romantically interested in one another. Yes, Trixie did say she loved Starlight in "All Bottled Up", but she was speaking of a platonic love within the context of that scene, but of course, because people like you like to watch those scenes through shipping goggles, you would of course take that to mean she was actually saying she was in love with Starlight. And that's not even getting into the fact that these two shouldn't even be friends to begin with given that they do nothing but bring out the other's bad qualities and are constantly getting into shouting matches and getting on each other's nerves. Most problematic, however, is the fact that Trixie never listens to anything Starlight says, but considering that Starlight sold off what was essentially Trixie's home for her own benefit, Starlight isn't exactly innocent in this either.

Secondly, what possible good could come from putting two friends who are in a toxic relationship into a romantic one just to satisfy a small.portion of the fandom that ships them together? Having them get together at the end would come completely out of left field and wouldn't make any sense narratively.

Third, yes, both Lofty and Holiday and Lyra and Bon Bon are couples canonically speaking, but even then your argument of how Trixie and Starlight should be together solely because these two same-sex couples exist within the show falls flat on its face when you take into account that 1) they didn't force these shipping's down your throat and 2) these characters are side characters. Hell, in the episode they appear in, you'd be forgiven for not knowing that Lofty and Holiday were supposed to be a gay couple given that the show doesn't draw any attention to this aspect of their characters at all. They're shown holding hooves, but it's at the very end of the episode — and even at that only briefly — and if you weren't paying attention, someone would need to point it out to you in order for you to notice.

As for Lyra and Bon Bon, they didn't start out as a gay couple. It was the perverted freaks that make up this fandom that did that. These two were merely friends until the writers decided to pander to the fandom once again by having Lyra propose to Bon Bon in "The Big Mac Question." And again, like with Lofty and Holiday as mentioned above, if you weren't paying attention, this is a little detail that you could easily miss given that it's occurring in the background in the middle of a chaotic scene. Therefore, someone would have to point it out to you in order for you to get it.

Tirek, Cozy Glow and Chrysalis's fate- It lacks originality for one. Discord had already been there and I'm sure they could have found a different way to handle them. Strip Tirek and Chrysalis of their magical abilities that make them dangerous and then make the three live together as a family. That would have been much better and would have provided material for a spin-off series.

It was shown throughout the season that these three absolutely hated each other and couldn't stand one another. They were working together only to take down Grogar and then Twilight and her friends. Had they continued, I fully believe that they eventually would've ended up killing one another. You're essentially saying that the heroes should've basically just let the villains walk away with a minor slap on the wrist and then force them to live together? How is them living together as a family any different from them being turned to stone? Furthermore, how them living together as a family is a better ending, much less provides material for a spin-off series, is beyond me. No one in their right mind would be interested in wstching that, and Hasbro would have to be out of their minds to greenlight something like that. But if you want to make a fanfic out of that idea, you're more than welcome to.

Luster Dawn- Nothing more than a pre-series Twilight Sparkle, doesn't care for friendship but then at the end of episode 26 Twi moves her to Ponyville and she makes friends.

And? So what? What's wrong with that? She's taking what she learned and passing it on to a pupil. How is that a bad thing?

Episode 26- EVERYTHING. That episode was half-assed at best and seemed like it was the writers simply wanting to end things with zero effort.

Really? Because I can't think of a better way they could've ended the series.

This post is nothing but you simply bitching and moaning about how things didn't go the way you wanted them to. Even if they did everything you suggested, you would've still found something to needlessly bitch about.

7231988 Uh, no, they weren't. The only instance of anyone acting out of character was Twilight in "A Trivial Pursuit" and even that's debatable. Most people seemed to really enjoy that episode due to it hearkening back to the show's early days when Twilight would freak out over trivial matters like that.

7232394 :rainbowlaugh: Seriously?

7232500 In what way was it forced? Everything seemed to flow fine. Would I have preferred more episodes centered around Twilight preparing to take over as ruler of Equestria? Yes. Would I have preferred more episodes centered around the villains? Yes. But I:m not going to waste my time needlessly bitching and moaning about how the writers didn't do what I wanted. Why? Because not only is doing so a complete waste if time, but you come off as a childish asshole when you do that.

This group is about people personally not agreeing with S9's writing choices. I didn't say this for an entire lecture on why my opinion is wrong. Did you not see the name of the group? Holy shit. :facehoof:

I don't understand why people who are in favor of season 9 join the group:ajbemused:

The answer is simple: they are here to simply troll this group.

And the longest lecture (which has nothing to do with the group) award goes to doomie-22 ^^'

Because they just don’t know better or they haven’t come out of denial yet.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Because never mind the fact that this was always Lauren Faust's plan for the character — for her to succeed Celestia. And you call everything she went through over the course of the series not giving her any life experience? Please.

She still didn't have enough experience, in season 9 episode 13 she still made a lot of rookie mistakes while she supplied for the princesses.

It would make sense that Celestia wanted to retire, but Luna ... She lost 1000 years in her exile, so she is not so exhausted. Furthermore, Celestia's retirement was her best chance to gain more power as ruler, and although she has already overcome her obscession, she still shows some interest.

But what really bothered me was that at the end of the season they did not show the whereabouts of the other princesses. I would have liked to see at least Cadence and Flurry heart in one scene from the final episode, and also know what happened to Celestia and Luna. In fact, these characters were more important than Luster Dawn.

Honestly, how did nobody see that coming? The writers made it pretty obvious that it was Discord at the very start of the season. When I first saw Grogar for the first time, I literally said, "That's Discord." Butbthen I dismissed this assertion because then I thought, "No, no. The writers wouldn't be that stupid." But this speaks more of a problem going on in current writing in general than the show itself.

Just because that's obvious doesn't mean it's good. I wanted a real villain... in fact, I hoped that in season 9 the mane 6 would face their biggest challenge, something they couldn't easily defeat with a simple rainbow, some action; But the opposite happened.

:rainbowlaugh: Why in the hell would the writers give her wings? First and foremost, she didn't do anything to earn them. Secondly, at what point in the series did she ever say or make any mention of the fact that she wanted to be an alicorn. Not every powerful unicorn is destined to become an alicorn in the future. What is with this f#ndom's obsession with turning every major character into an alicorn? Say what you will about "Magical Mystery Cure", but at least Twilight becoming an alicorn made sense within the context of the show, especially considering how her Element was represented by a freaking tiara. And that's not bringing up the fact that it's been shown multiple times in the series tbat Twilight wanted to be like Celestia. Besides which, making Starlight an alicorn would've done nothing except piss her sizable hatedom off and given them more fuel for their dislike of her.

Twilight didn't start out as a villain, but she did start out as inexperienced in friendship, Starlight the same. Also, just as Celestia named her star student Alicorn, Twilight may have done the same with Starlight.

Like all fandom, people admire the best characters. It is completely normal for the fandom to want more alicorns.

Oh, shut up! :facehoof: Dear God, this just might be one of the stupidest arguments for disliking this season that I've ever heard. First of all, at no point in the show was it shown that Trixie and Starlight were romantically interested in one another. Yes, Trixie did say she loved Starlight in "All Bottled Up", but she was speaking of a platonic love within the context of that scene, but of course, because people like you like to watch those scenes through shipping goggles, you would of course take that to mean she was actually saying she was in love with Starlight. And that's not even getting into the fact that these two shouldn't even be friends to begin with given that they do nothing but bring out the other's bad qualities and are constantly getting into shouting matches and getting on each other's nerves. Most problematic, however, is the fact that Trixie never listens to anything Starlight says, but considering that Starlight sold off what was essentially Trixie's home for her own benefit, Starlight isn't exactly innocent in this either.

Secondly, what possible good could come from putting two friends who are in a toxic relationship into a romantic one just to satisfy a small.portion of the fandom that ships them together? Having them get together at the end would come completely out of left field and wouldn't make any sense narratively.

Third, yes, both Lofty and Holiday and Lyra and Bon Bon are couples canonically speaking, but even then your argument of how Trixie and Starlight should be together solely because these two same-sex couples exist within the show falls flat on its face when you take into account that 1) they didn't force these shipping's down your throat and 2) these characters are side characters. Hell, in the episode they appear in, you'd be forgiven for not knowing that Lofty and Holiday were supposed to be a gay couple given that the show doesn't draw any attention to this aspect of their characters at all. They're shown holding hooves, but it's at the very end of the episode — and even at that only briefly — and if you weren't paying attention, someone would need to point it out to you in order for you to notice.

As for Lyra and Bon Bon, they didn't start out as a gay couple. It was the perverted freaks that make up this fandom that did that. These two were merely friends until the writers decided to pander to the fandom once again by having Lyra propose to Bon Bon in "The Big Mac Question." And again, like with Lofty and Holiday as mentioned above, if you weren't paying attention, this is a little detail that you could easily miss given that it's occurring in the background in the middle of a chaotic scene. Therefore, someone would have to point it out to you in order for you to get it.

Well, I don't question that, I personally don't like F / F and M / M shipping, without offending anyone...

Really? Because I can't think of a better way they could've ended the series.

Based on what I told you, and all opinions, that was the stupidest thing you ever said.

In what way was it forced? Everything seemed to flow fine. Would I have preferred more episodes centered around Twilight preparing to take over as ruler of Equestria? Yes. Would I have preferred more episodes centered around the villains? Yes. But I:m not going to waste my time needlessly bitching and moaning about how the writers didn't do what I wanted. Why? Because not only is doing so a complete waste if time, but you come off as a childish asshole when you do that.

I know complaining won't fix things, but letting off steam is always therapeutic.

And another thing, I believed that Celestia's growth was due to her thousands of years of life, and seeing Twilight still young with that appearance is simply illogical. Twilight must have grown just like Cadence.

In short, season 9 was by far the worst of all, period.

7249360 :rainbowlaugh: More like someone who can actually use his brain. See, this is why people like me laugh at people like you and the rest of your Lauren Faust fanboy friends, because rather than come up with any actual counterarguments to my atguments, you just go, "How dare this person disagree with me! They:re obviously a troll!" :rainbowlaugh: Get out of here with that bullshit. This is why your side of the fandom is seen as a complete joke and why people make fun of your side of the fandom.

She still didn't have enough experience, in season 9 episode 13 she still made a lot of rookie mistakes while she supplied for the princesses.

And? Luna went through the same thing back in "Luna Eclipsed" yet I don't recall anyone throwing a fit about all the mistakes she made in that episode. Making mistakes is how we learn. That's what seasons 5-7 were all about regarding Twilight.

It would make sense that Celestia wanted to retire, but Luna ... She lost 1000 years in her exile, so she is not so exhausted.

Did you not pay attention to any of Luna's appearances past season two? It's been shown that her job as Princess of the Night is extremely stressful and leaves her feeling completely and utterly physically, emotionally, and mentally drained by morning, to the point where she barely keep her eyes open and doesn't pay any attention to what she's eating. Even Celestia admitted how hard Luna's job was.

Furthermore, Celestia's retirement was her best chance to gain more power as ruler, and although she has already overcome her obscession, she still shows some interest.

Where? I can't recall a single instance in the show of that statement being true. It seemed clear to me that Luna had learned a long time ago that thirst for power is corrupting, and we saw the same thing happen with Starlight Glimmer, Sunset Shimmer, Tirek, Queen Chrysalis, Cozy Glow, etc.

and also know what happened to Celestia and Luna.

Did you not pay any attention to the finale? We do know what happened to them. They retired to Silver Shoals. We don't need to know any more than that. Sure, it would be fun to see what they're up to, but it's not important.

in fact, I hoped that in season 9 the mane 6 would face their biggest challenge, something they couldn't easily defeat with a simple rainbow, some action; But the opposite happened.

Uh . . . were we watching the same finale? :rainbowhuh: The Mane Six couldn't handle the situation on their own. In fact, they were getting ready to die. It required the help of every single living creature in Equestria just to save the day, and we got plenty of action as a result of that, so I don't know what you're going on about.

Also, just as Celestia named her star student Alicorn, Twilight may have done the same with Starlight.

Okay, why though? At least with Twilight it made sense for her to become an alicorn and be crowned a princess. With Starlight, though? It makes little to no sense whatsoever. In fact, if they were to do that, not only would it come off as fan pandering, but it would just give her sizable hatedom even more reason to hate her. You would have to do some serious mental gymnastics to justify pulling off something like that. Being an alicorn was never Starlight's end goal, but it always was for Twilight because she always wanted to be more like Celestia, because Celestia was the one pony who Twilight admired above all others. Never once has Starlight ever stated that she wanted to be like Twilight or be an alicorn. Starlight is perfectly happy in her own skin. What logical reason would Twilight have for turning Starlight into an alicorn?

Like all fandom, people admire the best characters. It is completely normal for the fandom to want more alicorns

Yes, but not in the actual show itself. We've all made jokes about it, sure, but that doesn't mean any of us want to see it actually happen in the show.

Based on what I told you, and all opinions, that was the stupidest thing you ever said.

Seriously? Just because I happen to like the finale, like a majority of people, that makes me stupid? I guess by extension that makes the whole fandom stupid, huh? Also, what do you mean by "based on what I told you?" This is the first time you're addressing my opinion on the finale and you didn't really say anything other than, "You're stupid." Because why on Earth would we want to come up with an actual counterargument when you can just resort to a childish insult like, 'You're stupid?"

I believed that Celestia's growth was due to her thousands of years of life, and seeing Twilight still young with that appearance is simply illogical. Twilight must have grown just like Cadence.

The key words here are, "thousands of years of life." It has not been that long in the final episode. It has only been a few years. That was made perfectly clear in this episode. How you managed to miss that is beyond me.

In short, season 9 was by far the worst of all, period.

In your opinion. Others, however, consider season 9 to be one of the show's best, letting the show end on a high note, and there's a good reason why since this season was much better than season 8, having more good episodes than bad ones.

Whatever keeps you happy, kid.

Meme Images aside, I have some additional insight to provide context to why Equestria had collapsed in the first place.

Despite all that Princess Celestia has done to prepare for Twilight Sparkle, no matter how much she wanted for Twilight's reign to be more memorable than Celestias' own, but in the end one quote resonates deeply and rings true to everything that is at fault with Friendship is Magic:  

"Only Caesar can lead the Legion."

We have followed Twilight from the very beginning, and over time her natural sense of curiosity and leadership was slowly eroded over time, replaced solely by more and more of her blind faith in Princess Celestias' very word. Since her first Coronation following her ascendance, she had surrendered herself completely to the whims of "Destiny", a Destiny that wasn't made by her own hooves, but decided upon by Celestia. Throughout Season 4, Twilight had struggled and lamented about trying to find her own place in this world; acting more like a lost little lamb than as a leader we had seen of her before, she had lost her sense of agency and drive to accomplish stuff on her own, turning instead for the approval of Celestia to go and do whatever it is commanded of her in that moment. If she lamented about not having anything to do that would qualify her position as Princess, she could have done a number of things in the months already following that she could have taken full advantage of, one of which I could believe she would have been perfect for: Starting an alliance of her own with the Diamond Dogs.

While the initial meeting between their two groups in the past wasn't one that had ended on good terms, things could have became different the second time around. Twilight could have tried to reach out to the Diamond Dogs in a sense of understanding and take a chance to try learning about their own culture and values to why they would want to dig up gemstones inside of the cave. Perhaps there is some connection that isn't known about, that had allowed for these canines to develop bipedalism, basic speech, and a semi-intelligent community of their own compared to that of common dogs.

Understanding what it is that makes the Diamond Dogs who they are, Twilight could try to reach out and help them in little ways such as food, medicine, tools in-exchange for building materials that the Diamond Dogs could provide. Perhaps even among their numbers, there are Diamonds-in-the-rough: talented builders, artists, and stonemasons; whose skills could be nurtured and encouraged to achieve many a great thing. When the time would be right, Twilight could help in the establishment of a surface-bound village for the Diamond Dogs that could better help facilitate trade between themselves and Ponyville much easier, to help bring in those talented Diamond Dogs to help contribute however they would know to Ponyville in order to make life for its residents a bit easier: Cobblestone roads instead of dirt paths to prevent wagon wheels from snapping apart in mud. Stone bridges that can withstand flooding more than their own wooden bridges, things of that nature. Given enough time around Ponyville, the Diamond Dogs would become more close and neighborly towards them, integrating both communities as one with the Diamond Dogs taking on other work that wouldn't have been possible for them beforehand. In the end of it, the Diamond Dogs would have been grateful for all that Twilight had in that moment done for them and how she had needed a proper seat of power within Ponyville, and would have built a castle for her after Tirek had destroyed the Golden Oaks Library, taking the Crystal Tree into account to build a keep around the aforementioned tree and having the grounds be the perfect evacuation point should another threat arise within Ponyville so its denizens could retreat to for protection.

Beyond Twilight's own diminished sense of agency and desire for leadership, there is also the matter of how Equestria has been built up and shaped over the course of 1000 years; shaped not by the scope and understanding of their own history, but by the scope and worship that its' people have for Celestia: viewing her not as a mere ruler like Platinum, but as an eternal Goddess that is far above them.

Due to this uplifting, it has had profound effects on how the other Alicorns thaat lead Equestria operates by, viewing them not as equals to Celestia but as subordinate to Celestia herself in how important they are by comparison. One needs to look no further than this than with Celestia's own sister Princess Luna; the unloved and abandoned younger sibling of Celestia who had lashed out at the world for not giving her the dues and accolades she had needed and were owed. Staying only within Celestia's shadow for most of her tenure as ruler. When Luna finally couldn't take the pain of loneliness any longer; she had rightfully lashed out at her sibling for how their own subjects that they should rule over together had treated Luna with scorn, fear, and even contempt. Instead of taking measures to resolve this problem or to talk it over with Luna like a responsible older sibling should, instead what we saw was the face of an unwavering ruler that wouldn't bend the knee or even seek to reason with or appeal Luna to try calming her down; inflaming the hatred that Luna felt even further than she did before. And we all know the end result of that...

...What isn't well-known is that Celestia herself had the power all along to help free her Sister from the Moon whenever she had felt like it, but simply endeavored to leave her trapped up there for 1000 years as the world went by; slowly forgetting more and more of Princess Luna and growing ever-fearful of the figure of Nightmare Moon as Celestia went about calling her as.

When she was finally released from her imprisonment, there was very little that Luna could actually do to lead Equestria. Regardless of whether she lived within the palace that Celestia had built, filled with servants that Celestia had chosen among the populace of ponies that all worshipped Celestia in cities that Celestia had controlled: Luna is knowingly now more alone than she had ever been before, all she could do now to avoid another 1000 years spent caged on the Moon is simply to nod and accept this new gilded cage that Celestia had fashioned for her own sister. A Slave and a Prisoner to Princess Celestia, in all but name...

Stepping away from familial matters, there is also the fact regarding the national defenses of Equestria being controlled at the whims of a mare that does not seem to care at all for her own peoples' protection at the cost of their ideologies of Friendship and Destiny. A King that cannot protect their people properly is not a King. If you need an example of what a pacifistic leadership can bring, I offer not an example from within My Little Pony, but examples within the ever-fragile rulership of Duchess Satine Kryze of Mandalore, who herself had preached about pacifism, yet had left Mandalore defenseless from brigands and cartels due to her stance as the leader of the Neutral Systems during the height of the Clone Wars.

Or more-recently with the slow-to-action leadership of Mon Mothma when establishing the Alliance To Restore the Republic that saw the rise of the New Republic that had once more repeated the same mistakes of the Galactic Republic that caused its' own downfall in the end.

All three leaders have one fundamental quality in-common, and it is the naïve belief that just because your own people are willing to agree to a rule of pacifism; does not mean that others within will just accept this, or that those outside will not try to take any advantage that presents itself to them. And such threats are indeed present beyond Equestria as there are threats within Equestria...

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum: "If you want Peace, than prepare for War."

To really think that a group such as large as The EEA can act upon their own against the authority of the Royal Sisters is an anomaly in itself is considered ignorance at its' best. There are very well those within such positions of power and authority that have grown insular to control portions of the government for themselves with Celestia being completely unaware of their involvement or even of their very actions. The racist ideologies once preached by the Equestrian Education Association isn't at the root of things, there is also the general attitude that exists between Pegasi and Unicorns towards Earth Ponies; who even after leaving Equestria are still at the very bottom of the totem pole due to how little influence they even have to stand up against Weather-Manipulation and Magical-Prowess, something that was taken advantage of by the Legion of Doom just days before the Coronation.

For all that we do know, there are probably Pro-Unicornia Nobles within Canterlot that are holdouts of the beliefs once held by them from the days of Princess Platinum when they resolved to move and create Equestria, Pro-Unicornias that are waiting for the right moment to at long last strike out and take control over Equestria: having already brought the Seat of Power within Equestria to the city of Canterlot as opposed to the Castle Of Two Sisters. And now with such an impressionable mare like Twilight who has no agency of her own, brought far away from her friends and has chosen to take Celestias' place within Canterlot; she is now easily the most vulnerable pawn in their little game that all of them WILL be taking full advantage of: an Alicorn that is in possession of not just sole rulership of Equestria, but of a device that can allow one to move the Sun and Moon at will on their own without needing to sacrifice their own Magical abilities in the process.

If you doubt the veracity of this claim, and want proof of it happening: I shall bring your attention to nowhere else but Alicornundrum, the third part of the Nyxverse Saga written by Ralph "Reality Check" Hayes Jr. In the seventh chapter, Twilight Sparkle is made aware of an incident that had happened following her Ascendancy and her Coronation; her father parttook in a number of celebratory toasts that congratulated his own childs' Ascension, yet during the festivities Duke Blueblood had hoofed over a sheet of parchment while dear Night Light was completely hammered and told to sign it, when he finally became sober hours later did he realize exactly what it was that Night Light had signed: A Marriage Contract. A Marriage Contract that had promised the newly-crowned Princess Twilight Sparkle to Prince Blueblood. Naturally when he and Twilight Velvet went to go and try to annul the contract did Duke Blueblood read them both the fine print that says should the Marriage be annulled, than the entirety of Sparkles' Estate and Wealth will be taken by Duke Blueblood for compensation. While the situation would be resolved, it just goes to show exactly how underhanded and competent certain ponies can be when they see something to take advantage of.

While reading over this, I forgot to add in that on top of underestimating the underhanded nature of the Royal Court, there's also the blatant fact that Twilight has not been formally trained in what the government is supposed to even do as was shown by the events of The Royal Swanning; where Twilight saw them not as a much-needed assistance, but instead as a detriment that she felt wasn't even needed at the time. This is unfortunately seen as a double-edged sword hanging over her head at all times at that point onwards: that Twilight Sparkle is seen as completely vulnerable and untrained, enough that the Royal Courts would be divided into two camps following the events of the Royal Swanning: that Twilight is unfit to become the sole ruler of Equestria and would only get in the way of how the government is ran and would result in that section of the Courts moving to have Twilight quietly removed from power to be replaced by someone more competent or to try reinstating Celestia and/or Luna because of it. Or more pessimistically, those same greedy Unicorns I had previously mentioned sees this and decides to transform Twilight into a puppet queen instead and pass laws that they would make in her name while leaving her in the dark about everything that they would be doing. In either scenario the result would be the same in that Twilight would bring about the downfall of the publics' trust in the Equestrian Government.

With all of that in-mind, it is very easy to see how in G5 Equestria had fallen once Twilight Sparkle was given control over it all. It was a nation that was solely built by Princess Celestia, and could only truly be ruled by Princess Celestia.

"The Legion dies with Caesar. What follows now is the last steps of a man that does not yet realize... that he is walking dead."
-Joshua Graham, Fallout: New Vegas

You have given me an idea for an alternate ending where Twilight has a sister, a sister named Starlight Glimmer who played a huge role in the defeat and was ascended. Then the two sisters would rule Equestria but would have completely different mindsets, mindsets that would cause them to fight at times. Twilight would be a pacifist while Starlight would be huge into national defense, training an actual military to the point that if Equestria were threatened, her military would easily go and crush their enemies....now ever since the season 5 finale I have always seen Starlight as the one with stronger magic.

Oh damn I could come up with all sorts of things. I'm not a fan of the idea of nobility, I never knew it existed, but in my world Twilight would try to protect them while Starlight would view them as political enemies. She would throw them in Tartarus and seize their assets viewing them as traitors who wanted to take power that was meant for her and her sister.

I have other ideas, ideas that would cause ponies to love Twilight more despite Starlight being the one who put national security first. Starlight however would be no angel herself. What would happen with her I'm not sure but I had read some blog about Queen Majesty in the Shimmerverse group about Majesty being a purist. I could incorporate that into things and have Starlight become obsessed with those kinds of beliefs....and then incorporate them into her belief system....in the end Starlight would view Twilight and her pacifist beliefs as weak....they would split Equestria into two and then let the ball roll from there.

Damn I'm going to have to do something to keep this conversation in my mind. I could alter my plans for 2022 to do this. Yes I'd piss people off, the number of stories I create would drop but I am wanting to get back to writing stories with a lot more substance to them.

I replied to your comment in a PM, did you read it yet?

they didn't have her do something truly heroic and get her wings, that and make her and Trixie a couple

No offense but those ideas are fucking stupid.

I take it you grew up on G1? If you did then I would advise you behave like someone who is old enough to do so. I grew up on G1 and know others on this site who did the same. None of us who did so would behave like that. There was a popular saying back when I was growing up, "Act your age, not your shoe size."

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 30