Rainbow Roadtrip Fanclub 53 members · 38 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20
Forgetful
Group Admin

Rainbow Roadtrip was an excellent special of MLP!

A lovely tale about never giving up hope, even when the world around you has turned grey.

In fact, I loved the special so much, I'm hosting a contest here in hopes of creating some outstanding fiction of Hope, Love ,and Color!

I was thinking of offering a prize pool like so…

Prizes!

1st. $60 & Spotlight Blog!
2nd. $40 & Spotlight Blog!
3rd. $20 & Spotlight Blog!

Rules.

SFW stories only! Nothing over Teen.

Word count minimum of 2,500 words but nothing over 10,000 words!

Must be about Hope Hollow and its Residents!

Let's keep the Outlook upbeat, the story can have dark moments but overall keep the ending more on the bright side.

It's an open ended contest- Enter as many times as you wish, it can be possible for one person to win all three prizes! I hope to see high grade entries in return!

Contest ends on August, 5th 2019 at midnight! That's a month and two days!

Those wishing to enter Link Stories here, I'll have them added to the folder!

Also state if it's an Entry in the summary of the story, if I come across it I'll know to add it to the folder as well.

The stories must be focused on the Town Ponies and Town itself.

The genre can be any you wish.

I just want everybody to have fun!

Each story will be judged on Creativity, Story and Character Development!

Extra points for writing about Kerfuffle, Petunia Petals or Torque Wrench!

Entries must be created during the contest, nothing written before.

Prizes will be paid by PayPal!

Have fun and create wonderful stories centered on absolutely lovely new characters!

If anyone would enjoy helping me judge, let me know. Though you'd be excluded from entering the contest.

Well, that's about it!

I hope to see exciting entries!

Well, my story doesn't meet the minimum word count for eligibility, so I guess I'd best write another!

Lonely Fanboy48
Group Admin

I would be part of this but I have other stories so I have to back out but I’ll enjoy the competition. May the best writer win the first ever Rainbow Roadtrip competition!

Forgetful
Group Admin

:yay:

I'm eagerly waiting to read the stories already in the group tonight, when I have some free time!

I'm excited to see what you come up with!:rainbowkiss:
Awww, ty though!

Could you create a Contest Folder when you get time?

Forgetful
Group Admin

Le Squee!

Thank you so much! :heart:

Just clarifying: Does the story specifically have to be about the residents from Hope Hollow, or is a story that just takes place in Hope Hollow enough to be a valid entry into this contest?

6912422 So, is everything submitted in this time period entered automatically or what?

Forgetful
Group Admin

If you wish to enter said story, link it here and I'll have fanboy place it in the folder!

Ty for bringing this up, I'll add this in the info above!

Forgetful
Group Admin

If the story is set directly in Hope Hollow but with different characters is ok, but I'd need at least one resident of the town as a side character at most.

If you can do that, sure I'll allow it to qualify!

But the side character role must be substantial, not just a one off sentence.

Aw man, my story is 49 words short of the minimum :raritycry:

Forgetful
Group Admin

That's perfectly fine.:raritywink:

I don't think I'm going to have this finished in time for the deadline :rainbowderp:

I'm not sure if it's still the case wherever you all are, but it's just about to be midnight where I am. So, here's an extremely-last-minute contest entry!

Suspiciously Similar

(I probably could've pulled off a second story if I'd had an extra day or so, but I'm perfectly fine with not getting that.)
:twilightsheepish:

Forgetful
Group Admin

On mine it says it was published on the 6th I'm afraid I have to not allow entry into....heehee!

JK! I'm just kidding!

I'm not some horrible stick in the mud!
Awww!

Well since you two seem to be very close to completing something, I could extend the contest by like a few days?

Would that help?

Oh! Well that would be a massive help, but really unfair to people who managed to actually finish in time, so... That's up to you!

Geez, you gave me a heart attack! (Not literally, but you get the idea.)

Regarding the offer of extended time, I'd definitely like to have some... but I'm not 100% sure if I should accept it. I have a bad tendency of flip-flopping between writing at the speed of sound and writing at the speed of molasses; I wouldn't want to waste your time if nothing comes out of it. Plus, I'm worried it might be a bit unfair to Twinkletail and RuinQueen's entries.

Like The Cloptimist said, it's really up to you.

I think the contest would generally benefit from an extension of a week or two. Not only have I only heard about this contest now and I still want to participate, there are also only three entries, so far. An extension would mean a bit more time to promote the contest on a broader scale and could easily result in a lot more entries.
I would even promote it myself in a blog entry if you extend the deadline.

How about the extension?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20