The Writing Process 280 members · 902 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

I’m not sure how else to put this. I’m just looking for someone out there to assist me with the writing process of my stories. :applecry: I’m good at the story telling...:rainbowhuh: or ideas, but I’ve been told that the way I write isn’t the easiest to read. :twilightblush: Currently I have three stores, all of which need some work. I’ve already had some help from others with two of them but I feel like they still haven’t quite reached their full potential. Any help would be appreciated.:pinkiesad2:
Shoutout to Bad Dragon who suggested this site and is just awesome:rainbowdetermined2:

EPlastic Smiles and the Strength They Hide
It’s easy to mask your problems with a smile but that doesn’t always fix them
Element of Malice · 2.1k words  ·  25  2 · 483 views
TManipulation
Strange rumors begin to arise all across Equestria suggesting the arrival of a new adversary with no identity. But hey, when even Trixie is being called on a friendship quest what could possibly go wrong?
Element of Malice · 59k words · 697 views
EMagnificent Might of Midnight Sight Sorcerer Supreme
A pony wakes up in the Everfree Forest with no recollection on how he got there, or even who he is. But one thing he does know is that he can see lights.
Element of Malice · 17k words  ·  8  2 · 562 views

Try also the group Looking for Editors :raritywink:

Furthermore, can you (at least try to) specify a bit more, what are the main problems of your stories? It helps editors, proofreaders and other helpful folk to decide whether they want to try to tackle the issues or not.

The issue isn’t so much the story as it is with my way of writing it. I have the stories all figured out even though two of the three are incomplete. I just can’t figure out how to write the wording in a way that will make sense, become more immersive, descriptive, emotional, all that jazz. Case in point I’ve taken writing classes before, but I passed with teachers pity. The most I’m able to do is dialogue and what they are doing when they do it. That’s most likely due to all the fanfic readings I’ve listened to on YouTube. There’s still a ways to go for the two incomplete stories but working on them alone isn’t making things any easier. If someone was willing to jump on board with me to help type up the scenes as I explain them, that would help speed things up... I think... hope.

Or are you referring to describing the problem of each individual story?

Or are you referring to describing the problem of each individual story?

I think what you have said above is enough to get a pretty good idea. However, if one of the stories suffers from something else—i.e. rushed pacing or an inconsistent use of commas, it is surely worth mentioning as well.

:twilightblush: In terms of art, I would compare my grammar to puke on a palette. (Grammarly is amazing! :pinkiecrazy:) but that’s my opinion, it’s something alright and I can do something with it, but it’s not very pleasant to look at and it stinks. I also struggle with not rushing scenes by adding other short rushed scene to prolong the story. That goes for all of them

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5