Warriors of Jesus 125 members · 252 stories
Comments ( 37 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 37
A Man Undercover
Group Admin

So many times, I have seen many things in my life.

But, Disney considering making Elsa from “Frozen” a lesbian in the upcoming sequel is something I am not going to stomach.

In case many have forgotten, the company was founded by Walt Disney himself, who happens to have been a Conservative, Republican, and Presbyterian Christian. The company’s current decision is something I believe the “Man Behind the Mouse” would be far from proud of, and already I can see him rolling in his grave if the decision to make major characters in Disney films gay falls through. If anything, if they do anything like that, it would disgrace the very name of Disney.

Among other things, it’s not just people who are gay who are fans of Disney and the Frozen series, but also people who do not approve of gay marriage! The company should create something for Elsa that everyone approves of, something parents can let their children see. In short, it should not be something that only one certain party is going to like. In reality, promoting homosexuality is far from honest when it comes to making money, and I find that this whole making major characters gay thing would not be good for business.

This petition is made to ensure that everyone can always feel the smiles of Disney himself, to honor his beliefs, and to aid the company by showing just how much damage this decision can cause them. It also isn’t made to merely combat Liberal ideologies. It’s made...to show that we care for the Disney Company, as well as for the character of Elsa and so many others.

I’m so sorry, but I have to disagree with you on this. I, personally, am absolutely delighted about the possibility of them actually making canon the fact that Elsa is a lesbian, something that I already thought from the first movie. I also think that Walt Disney would be proud of this development, and it is exactly what he would have wanted. However, I don’t think that it will benefit the company in general, and, in fact, they will likely lose money from this, but that isn’t their concern, especially since they already have so much anyway. :rainbowlaugh: However, I completely respect your opinion on this, and I hope you can continue to follow what feels right to you, but, for whatever reason, I feel differently about this than you. I hope we can still continue to be friends regardless. :twilightsmile:

[Edit: Also, this is crazy timing, I was just listening to Let It Go a little while ago. :rainbowlaugh:]

I mean, to be fair, should her sexuality truely matter? Parents can let their kids see gay characters as what they are, normal people like you and me. That, and Walt was fairly tolerant for his time. I mean yeah, he did make a few cracks at Jews, but Jewish former employees have nothing but relative praise for the man. Walt always struck me as a man who wanted people to have fun, and rarely let his political views get in the way of things

Ive signed!

I understand. We can be friends and respectfully disagree, but as Christians, not only are we called to love, we are also called to take a stand. The bible CLEARLY says being gay or lesbian is WRONG, and on that issue i will not budge.

Well, I have a complicated opinion on this, but this isn’t the time or place to explain my beliefs, but I completely respect the way you think, and, in fact, I suspect that perhaps we are all given different guidance in what to believe based on what we are meant to do, someday. Just an idea, though. At the very least, I’m sure it will all make sense eventually. :twilightsmile:

"As a Christian, I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to a fighter for truth and justice."

Peter carried a sword, and so should we all. We as Christians have no duty to be cheated, but we have every duty to fight.

My two cents on the matter:
To say that a misled soul shouldn't be placed in the place of a hero is as ridiculous as saying that great evil can't be done by characters who want to do good. Just because the protagonist's choice of lifestyle differs from a Christian's in large areas doesn't mean there's a 100% chance that they'll be a bad character.
Unless you're concerned that this will be another The Last Jedi, where the political heavy-handedness completely erases any semblance of a good story. In which case, you have a right to be concerned.

Personally I'm not happy with this decision to turn the most popular Disney Princess today into an LGBT propaganda puppet, as it might turn Frozen into Legend of Korra-levels of left-wing pandering instead of actually maintaining the simple yet resonant story the original film had. But hey, it's the Walt Disney Company's decision to make. If they didn't learn from their more recent backlashes, they'll learn the hard way eventually.

Not to completely derail this thread, but I actually don’t think that the politics of The Last Jedi interfered with the story, which was so well thought-out and complex, one of the best in the franchise. It also isn’t nearly as political as everyone seems to think it is. But, maybe that’s just me. :rainbowlaugh:

Godslittleprincess
Group Contributor

Honestly, I would have preferred Elsa choosing to be single. :ajbemused: I mean, not everyone is called to marriage, but I'm pretty sure that no one is called to a homosexual lifestyle. Look, I don't have a problem with people admitting that they struggle with attraction and feelings and that they'll probably never form romantic attachments with the opposite sex. It happens, but that doesn't make living by those feelings okay. "sigh" :ajbemused: I get it. Couples are blessed. They have this amazingly beautiful physical, emotional, and spiritual intimacy that a single person can only dream of experiencing. As a single person myself, I'd love to be able to experience that someday, but if it turns out that I won't be able to experience that without dishonoring God, then I'd gladly give it up. It won't be easy, but I'll do it. Besides, I've already sacrificed my pride as an intellectual for God's sake at least once. What's another small thing?

I honor your commitment to Christ! May God smile down on you, knowing that you have staked yourself on the Solid, Eternal Rock!

A Man Undercover
Group Admin

Of course we can still be friends.

Also, how would Walt Disney be happy with that, exactly?

Well, we can never be completely sure what he would have wanted, but I believe that from what I know of him, he would have been supportive of this. I’m no expert, though, so I could be wrong, but I think that he was more open-minded and accepting than you seem to think, and he would have wanted his company to be as accepting as possible. Not really sure if that made sense, but I’m not really an expert anyway, so I don’t really know.

A Man Undercover
Group Admin

Personally, when it comes to film business, I think he accepted others more for their talents and capabilities rather than their lifestyles and views.

Maybe it’s also just me, but, I never believed in political-correctness. As a matter of fact, it’s very much another reason for why this petition was made, because people are getting too crazy with being politically correct, especially to the point of where they hurt their works.

A Man Undercover
Group Admin

Would you be interested in signing?

I will be informing my dear mother of it, who will no doubt sign it. I personally am still on the fence, but will consider it if she wants me to sign as well.

It would depend on how they would make Elsa lesbian. There good ways to do it, and hints in the previous movie, and acceptable to general society. Not like how Last Jedi and Ghostbusters did with their agenda.

God give us freedom of choice, be they good or bad, and as long as we respect our body, our Temple of God, and have a wholesome relationship. Not those "relationships" that are as shallow as those high school couples or college hook-ups that are largely portrayed by those Prides and Walks.

That can work better as well, be like Queen Elizabeth during her time, strong and independent while compassionate and humble. The mother to her subjects and Queen of her kingdom.

A Man Undercover
Group Admin

You’re right.

But yet, the best choices that can honor our bodies come from what can also honor Jesus.

Fireheart 1945
Group Admin

I am also against Disney doing this.

Opinion from a Christian from LGBT:

Personally, as a Christian who doesn't stereotype against homosexuality or LGBT, I would say that I am both for and against the thread. Yes, I agree with Man in some ways, but not in a way that sterotypes lesbians. Disney don't have to make Elsa a lesbian; it wouldn't change her character anyway. But remember; this is a family film. If Elsa became a lesbian from Frozen 2 onwards, then they wouldn't involve sexual activity between her or another girl. I believe that the Bible says that God is not pleased with gay sex (NOT agreeing or disagreeing with this in any form), but doesn't frown upon those who are attracted to someone of the same sex. That, to me, can't be a sin, because you are not disowning someone for sex. Loving someone, regardless of their gender, is not sinful. Isn't God all about love anyways?

Disney, Please See the Light

The company should create something for Elsa that everyone approves of, something parents can let their children see. In short, it should not be something that only one certain party is going to like. In reality, promoting homosexuality is far from honest when it comes to making money, and I find that this whole making major characters gay thing would not be good for business.

Be very careful how you word this. It is the creators' final choice wherever to make Elsa a lesbian or not. I cannot be part of something that sterotypes someone for their sexuality, because God knows that picking on someone for their sexuality, even if it displeases him, is going against his other commandment which is to "Love Your Neighbour" (Mark 12:31). I can't be involved in something that discrimaerates something else, especially as a Christian, as it would make me seem as to discriminate towards a group of people. That is not what God wants.

I must agree with Spin Harmony on this. Disney is simply trying to create diversity for different groups of people. They had an African-American protagonist in The Princess and the Frog, which was a great step for them. They are simply doing the same in this situation.

In this controversial subject, I think we need to agree to disagree and accept these ideas which Disney are putting forward. Saying that homosexuality is disgusting will lead us as Christians nowhere. There are, like myself, Christians part of LGBT and do not turn down people for who they are. It is wrong and God doesn't like discrimination.

Remember: this is a family film. If Elsa became a lesbian, then we wouldn't see too much that will offend anyone who disagrees with it. I am not for or against anyone in this thread, and it would be respectful if you respect my opinion as much as I respect yours. Thank you, A Man Undercover, for at least sharing this with us, but remember that we all have our different views on life and opinions on what is right and what is wrong.

I don't like Frozen, but I agree with you. Disney theories really bother me! I mean, seriously!? Who would've thought of an idea that toys from Toy Story are possessed demons!? It's just a Disney movie that's meant for kids, not a horror movie!

Godslittleprincess
Group Contributor

That's more or less what I said in my post about marriage.

Godslittleprincess
Group Contributor

6835849 It's the one titled "Marriage." It should be in the forum.

Ah yes. I remember the fanbase went nuts over Lefou allegedly being homosexual in the remake of Beauty and the Beast.

Conveniently forgetting that something similar is going on in the original film.

Seriously, guys. Why should we even care? If you don't like the idea, don't see the film!

Godslittleprincess
Group Contributor

I think we're remembering the original film a little differently. :applejackunsure: In the original film, LeFou was just a sycophantic fanboy. In the remake, well, admittedly, if the director hadn't said anything, I honestly wouldn't have noticed. I would have just assumed that LeFou was just being creepy and weird, but since he did flat out state that LeFou was supposed to have a crush on Gaston and that those two seconds in the end where he was with a guy was supposed to be evidence of his homosexuality, I'm having a hard time NOT seeing LeFou's behavior as anything else. Besides, my biggest problem with that remake wasn't even LeFou. :ajbemused:

May I ask what your biggest issue was?

Godslittleprincess
Group Contributor

In a word, Belle. :ajbemused: In multiple words, in the original, Belle was a mix of intelligent, independent, kind, and compassionate. Coming from a school where smart people were mean and competitive, Belle gave me hope that the world had a place for people like me. In the remake, her softer side barely got any focus, even though it was the part of her that was ESSENTIAL to breaking the curse. The Belle in the remake gave me the message that if I wanted anything I did to matter, I had to be a fiesty, outspoken progressive, or else, I was going to be stuck in the Dark Ages. :ajbemused: That was exactly what I neither wanted nor needed.

Ah. I quite liked Emma Watson's portrayal, but that's just a matter of personal taste.

In the meantime, enjoy the sound of a BR Class 25.

Disney's been a problem long before this Frozen thing! I watched a lot of Disney Channel as a kid, and I wish I hadn't. It was not exactly good wholesome television.

TBF, they do tend to try and appeal to differing age groups, maybe Sly little winks and nods that only parents/older siblings and such would be.

No, it's not that. If it were a just a joke for the parents: I'd probably be okay with that.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 37