Equestria at War 1,801 members · 800 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20
Feather Book
Group Admin

This years writing contest was both the largest and the hardest contents to judge to date. There were so many fantastic stories submitted, it was really hard to narrow down who our winners could be.

Thank you all who submitted their stories. It was an absolute joy to read them all, even if some of us judges are slow readers.

I also wish to thank you for your patience in waiting for the results. I truly am sorry it took so long. But lets not wait anymore.

The winners:
1st place: Morning to Night by Augenis
2nd place: When Sunday Comes by Solar Solstice
Joint 3rd Place: Victory by CrazyKriegsman and To Be Put To The Sword by Podrick Equus

Yes, we couldn't choose between our top stories so this year there are two third place stories! To the winners, congratulations. Feel free to DM me about your prizes if I don't get to DMing you first.

And our honourable mentions this year are:
Yes Diellza by Test4Echo
Over tea and biscuits - Equestria at War by KarmaSentinal
A Sea of Green Turned Black. by sushi4711
A Short Interrogation by Stellar_

Thank you all again for writing so many awesome stories. I hope to see you all again next year.

Hey I did something.

Congratulations to the winners, and what an amazing turn out we had this year. I can't wait to read what made these stories spectacular.

Congratulations to all the winners and Honorable Mentions

Congrats to the winners. Wasn't expecting to make it to honorable mentions, but that's nice to see. :rainbowlaugh:

Oh neat! There were so many good stories that I didn't expect mine to tie for third, honestly. A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one! :twilightsmile:

Amazing, I did not expect this at all.

Awww man I didn't even came to honorable mentions... Oh well

Any constructive criticism on mine? I'm thinking of rewriting it.

Well, it looks like that i havent done it good enough.
Anyway it is how it is, there are no excuses for my inferior piece of work.

Sic

Greetings,

Congratulations to all the winners and honorable mentions ! It was a pleasure for me to write a story.

However, will it be possible to have some kind of story "ranking" or something that would let you know what the judges think about my story ? I think it might help us do even better next time !

Perhaps a ranking in general of all stores submitted?

Feather Book
Group Admin

7516158 7516339
We don't usually give out individual rankings of stories, but I can tell you how our process works in a bit more detail.

Since there are so many stories each judge is given a random selection of them to read and score. They then can submit at least 2 of the stories they thought did the best to the finalists round.

The finalists are read by all reviewers, scored against the criteria, and discussed. The winners are then chosen from the highest scores.

Each judge also picks one honourable mention. These are stories that didn't win that the judge wanted to present for their own reasons. But sadly we cannot mention every good story. As always I encourage anyone reading this to go and read all the stories. :twilightsmile:

i hope there wont be a ranking where each story will end up. the results hit me pretty hard. its NOT because i cant loose, more the effort of time invested feels like nothing, like a big waste of time. seeing myself maybe on the last place would give myself the rest.

Feather Book
Group Admin

7516699 So long as you enjoyed writing then it wasn't a waste of time. :pinkiesmile:

Its normal to feel disappointed in your writing. I feel it all the time. But only by writing can you get better at writing. And the more you write the better you'll get. Just remember it is supposed to be something you enjoy, even if you hate the end result.

Comment posted by Stellar_ deleted Jun 15th, 2021

After 4 years I finally got an honorable mention! Nice, for what was a pretty rushed piece lol

Comment posted by Kaiser Trinity deleted Jun 19th, 2021
Comment posted by Kaiser Trinity deleted Jun 19th, 2021

Your words are nice. Its realy kind of you. But its not entirely true. Its still hard to believe that all is sayed about "work for it and you go far"
And after all the effort its hitting you hard and remembers you that your dreams are nothing more than ashes.
the effort put in and then what you have gained after the battle. if i could look into the future, i wouldnt even started.
the only thing i got after this was dissapointent, hate and again the feeling of beeing inferior.

I am sorry for this, but i wanted to be honest, yet not many say what they feel, just smile and gratulate the winners.
so... these are my thoughts about my work... worthless ash.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20