Flashfic 253 members · 77 stories
Comments ( 50 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 50
Loganberry
Group Admin

July has begun, so it's time for Flashfic 150 round four! The rules remain the same -- so again, feedback is opt-in. If you want it, please add "Feedback welcome" to the foot of your entry. If you're offering feedback (after the closing date), please respect authors' preferences on this matter.

Here are the full rules.

Remember, there is no prize, as such, for this contest -- but if you win, you will be able to choose the prompt for the August contest. You'll also get a mention on the group's front page, which I'm sure our previous winners will confirm will be the absolute highlight of your month. :unsuresweetie:

Prompt: "Crossing Over" (selected by last month's winner, Chris)
Rating: E or T
Word limit: 150
Closing date: Friday 21st July 2017, 11:59 pm UK time (world clock)

One extra note this time: given the prompt, please remember that crossovers are not permitted -- with the single exception that Equestria Girls crossovers are acceptable.

Please reply to this post with your entry. This makes it easier for me to keep track. Please do not leave feedback until after the closing date.

Entries are now open! Have fun!

Here is my entry:

We two small souls await the twilight.
When it comes we know not, and in these inconstant days our vigil is worse for having no measure. Every moment is an eternity. Hope struggles and heaves for breath beneath the crushing unknown.
We two small souls, weary of life made grey, shiftless, selfish, craven, mean of spirit, empty of laughter. Without cause life holds no purpose. A present without past has no compass, no direction, no future.
Enough!
We two small souls will tilt against the amorphous vast. We two, offered up, ephemeral certainties, an unforeseen foundation from which to cast down chaos and once again shed Harmony upon the land.
One chance only we will have, when day ends and all shadows move, when two small shadows may hope to cross the chasm unseen.
We two small souls await.
And there is no avoiding this crossing, for this is war.

My entry, I've checked, it's 150 words;

Maybe... Maybe it won’t be so bad.

I mean, what’s stopping me from going through? After all this time, maybe it won’t even happen. Well, there’s only way to find out.

I force myself to step through and feel my whole body twist and spin as I travel through to the other side.

Argh! I swear it wasn’t this bad the last time I came through.

Shaking my head, I rise to stand only for my jaw to drop as the one being I dreaded to see again is standing right in front of me.

I can’t think of anything to say and the only thing I feel are tears swelling in my eyes as I look at her, her reaction similar to my own.

Before I could get a word in, she wraps me in a tight warm hug and whispers softly; “I’ve missed you so much, Sunset Shimmer.”

Loganberry
Group Admin

Technically not a story in FimFiction rules, but this is a comment - is that allowed?

It's a fairly clear subversion of the intent of the rules, but there's a long tradition of doing that in Fimfiction writing contests -- so this time it stands. Just don't expect to get away with it more than once. :raritywink:

Princess Luna’s hoof found its way to the lock again. Cold. So cold, she thought while struggling to insert the rust-pitted key. It has been but a moment, but already my hoof aches.

The metal chest’s lid slid back. From within, oily, black vapor flowed down onto the floor.

Back again, it chuckled.

“To dispose of you, Demon-Thing!” Over-loud, the echo from the stone walls sounded shrill and unsure.

As you did each time before?

Luna willed her hoof to close the lid again, but it swayed disobediently above the chest.

Dispose of me? When she’s finally taken it all? Your rightful place on the throne. Your respect. Your… beloved. Are you sure I am the one who needs to be disposed of?

Luna trembled but took an involuntary step forward and peered inside. A night-blue helmet rested there. “How do you know these things? What are you?”

The future.

Feedback is always welcome!

Loganberry
Group Admin

Okay, that's fine. I look forward to seeing what you come up with! :twilightsmile:

I hope you get to use your original idea somewhere else, though -- it was fun.

Okay, first time doing this, tiny bit nervous, wish me luck!

I'd known for years that crossing the river was forbidden. The rule was put in place by my grandma, and nobody ever tried to break Grandma's rules.

But had Grandma known about the beautiful maiden that lived across the river?

I'd seen her a few months ago, when I was out collecting wood for the winter. I had stooped down to get a drink and take a break from the harsh sun when I saw her reflection in the river. Long, pink hair framed big, blue eyes that popped out against her buttercream yellow fur, and after a few moments of shocked silence, I'd asked for her name.

Fluttershy. Her smile, her quiet laugh, the kindness in her eyes, it all haunts me in every waking moment.

Grandma's rules be damned. I'm crossing that river tomorrow to be with her, or my name isn't Big MacIntosh.

Feedback Welcome!

Just discovered this, and thought, Why not? I've read the rules and checked the word count in WordCounter.net. It should be 150 words exactly.

Before anyone asks, I went a different route with the prompt from what seems to have been done so far. My justification is that the dictionary.com defines the verb phrase "cross over" in four different ways, and I'm taking those definitions as equally valid. Here then is definition number 55. c. "to change successfully from one field of endeavor, genre, etc., to another: to cross over from jazz to rock."

The Psychology of the Individual

Trixie flicked the card from hoof to mouth, and swallowed.

“Voila!” she said, twirling her hoof to reveal… “Your King. And my horn never glowed once.”

“Impressive,” said Starlight. “So let’s see: there’s a duplicate… under your hat? Your cape?”

“No. I never touched either, so I could only teleport it out.”

“Oh. Right.” Starlight tapped her chin. “A secondary source of magic…”

No,” said Trixie. “You’re thinking about this wrong. Prestidigitation isn’t about the magician.”

“It’s certainly not as easy as I thought it’d be. May I examine the card?”

“One ordinary card for examination. It’s about audience expectations.”

“I see. There’s some pre-arranged spell hidden within the card, then?”

“You’re sure you don’t want to go back to magical studies today?”

“Compared with transfiguration spells, I think prestidigitation is something I can figure out. Just let me think… there’s another unicorn hiding somewhere…?”

Trixie sighed and settled in.

Feedback Welcomed. It's my first ever entry; it's bound to have problems, and the learning curve has to start somewhere.

Feedback is welcome.

Untitled by KwirkyJ

The resigned creak of wooden floorboards, scraped and raw from thousands of hooves and feet.

Faded alphabet wallpaper with open, browning seams.

Rows of desks and stools, once so large, then so small, now large once again.

Eight windows reaching high; one a crack at its base, another split through its pane.

Chalk dust, permanently lost in corners, friendly with fur, caked on lips.

Fine white powder floats away from a name.

Stacks of patient books, alumni of three decades, sorted and assigned.

Shrieks. Horseplay. Laughter. Hushed whispers and pointing.

The bell. Scrambling, scraping, shuffling and thuds. A cough. Nervous stares.

A smile a smidge too wide.

"Good morning. I am Miss Cherilee, and I am your new teacher."

Knowledge:

While exploring Sombra's library, Twilight found something wicked. It took the form of an asp, and spoke to her: "Every pony has their price."

"You are wrong," Twilight said, "for there is nothing in all the world I value more than my friends."

"You have traveled all the world?" asked the asp. "Seen its corners and walked its edge?"

Twilight said that she had not.

"Then you do not know of what you speak," said the asp. "But I am older than time, and saw the world when it was born, and have seen the greatest joys placed within it, and know where they rest. Have you never wondered? Seen the satisfaction in the eyes of the villains you fight? Do you not wish to know?"

Twilight extended her leg. The asp leapt forward and bit her. And she understood.

It was worth it.

Comments welcome!

Loganberry
Group Admin

Thanks to everyone who's entered so far! Here's your reminder that submissions close in just under 71 hours from now, on Friday 21st July at 11.59pm British Summer Time. :twilightsmile:

The Rip in the Sky

The rip hung in the sky and shimmered.

Scootaloo threw a rock, and it vanished halfway.

Twilight had said the rips went to another universe, one like this one, but where things had happened differently.

Of course, Twilight hadn’t known where any of them were, then. It was sheer luck Scootaloo had happened on one.

The sensible thing to do would be to go find Twilight and tell her. Then she could do a bunch of measurements and experiments. Anything could be through there.

But then, anything could be through there. When would she get a chance like this again?

There could be dinosaurs on a rampage. She could even be a dinosaur. There could be another Scootaloo who was a unicorn, or in the Wonderbolts, or who had lived a totally different life.

Her parents could be there waiting...

Suddenly deciding, Scootaloo stepped through.

My original idea was similar, but would never have fit in 150 words. I figure with less than three days left, if I don't get this out now, I probably won't.

Feedback is fine.

--Sweetie Belle

I've just reread mine. Obviously too late to think of something else to replace it with, but I'm suddenly less confident it's as good as I thought it was when I wrote it.

Not that I wish for anyone to go easy on it. What would be the point of avoiding such potentially constructive criticism, after all? But something tells me it is so going to be open season once 21st July passes by... :ajbemused:

Loganberry
Group Admin

And now here's your final reminder: it's a little under 24 hours until submissions close. I'll be back then! :twilightsmile:

Kind of forgot about this, and had to do something last minute.

Bad Eggs

“These are the worst eggs I’ve ever tasted,” Zesty Gourmand declared, her pen flicking across her notepad.

“Whaddya want?” Over Easy growled. “It’s just a greasy spoon diner. This ain’t no hot cuisine.”

“Haute. And about it not being hot as well, we are in agreement. It’s too cool.” She turned up her nose and shuffled some of the yolk with her fork. “Besides, it’s rather runny.”

Runny!? She wouldn’t know good eggs if they bit her in the… “I’ll give her hot,” he muttered as he dumped an overly generous heap of cayenne pepper on the next two eggs off the griddle. “Here. Try these.”

She sniffed and wrinkled her nose, but did take a bite. Then her stomach rumbled ominously, before a high-pitched squeak sounded from under the table. Her cheeks blazed red.

Never before had he smiled this big. “Too cool and this ‘runny’ are soon farted.”

150 words exactly. Sorry about doing a feghoot, but at least Chris will like it. I took what I felt was a weird direction on the prompt, where "crossing" is in the sense of doing someone wrong, and "Over" is a character.

Feedback is fine.

Loganberry
Group Admin

6008665 6009065 6010145 6011780 6013824 6018326 6022788 6022855 6028022 6031107

Okay everyone, entries have now closed! Thank you to everyone who submitted something. :yay: Feedback is now open! As usual, please only offer feedback on stories whose authors have opted in. That is to say:

Opted to receive feedback: xjuggernaughtx, Guiding Breeze, Retirw-Tsitra, Impossible Numbers, KwirkyJ, GaPJaxie, SweetAl Belle, Pascoite, Dafaddah, darkstone57. So, everyone this month!
Did not opt to receive feedback: none!

If you want to change your category (either way) please post to say so as soon as possible. I'll announce the winner on Monday, 24 July. Right, discussion go!

Please add my name to those seeking feedback! The more the better!

6031107 It has farting in it. That'll get the Present Perfect vote, at least.

Could you add mine to the feedback list too, please?

I don't think PP reads these things. He'll see it when it goes in my anthology, though.

I will say it's a little odd not to see Chris writing for his own prompt, but since the rules prevent him from winning this month, there is a reduced incentive to participate.

Loganberry
Group Admin

Done!

(Though of course the change took effect as soon as you posted.)

Should probably change the "July's contest is now open" on the group page once the entry deadline has passed.

I am surprised that none have commented yet. Here's my numberless and grade-free feedback for the peoples.

Too little to go on, I'm not sure how to best make sense of this. Celestia and Luna before Equestria (or, indeed the planet) was made? Supposing this is of an existential bent, it can be argued as a form of philosophical poetry, but beyond the feeling of "gosh, this existence sucks" it is rather vapid. Not impressed by (but neither harmed by) the wordcraft on display...

It is either a blind tour or obvious from the start, and the hesitating, obfuscatory sequence of detail is its only gimmick. There is no weight to the action of stepping through the portal, and suddenly we are yanked from the physical sensations of spinning and stepping to feeling tears (we must presume why) and seeing more.

I am biased on account of Luna, but this one almost works. There is strong and clear internal struggle with the thing that will become the Nightmare, and you use evocative words such as oily, shrill and unsure, sway disobediently, and other appealing constructs. The use of "Demon-Thing" seems sophomoric, and I'm not sure the introduction of a beloved was necessary.

Another story that takes rather too long to reveal who is involved and what they are going through. 'her time' makes sense in retrospect (to a degree?), but feeling the way through the story it was easy to miss. 'It seemed impersonal' accidentally describes this work well.

Again, biased, as I've done this in minific form myself, and, oddly enough, this one might actually be stronger had it not been so focused on "THIS IS FLUTTERSHY AND BIG MAC". Unfortunately, it's a je ne sais quoi that I have, but my gut is telling me that stepping back and making it "this star-crossed, rebellious lover and his flower" could be more effective; possibly because of the descriptive details eating words best used otherwise to accompany 'forbidden' and 'popping' and 'haunts' and 'damned'.

Not jaw-dropping nor hammer to the floor, but this tells an honest little story of Trixie doing something a little bit different. Great use of a foil to her lessons. Not much to add.

You're trying to be clever, aren't you? People here don't like clever. No muffin.

Gosh, that's evocative. Emphatic Grimm-esque tone, even if the conclusion (how is she convinced that an asp's (deadly?) bite will confer any knowledge) is logically impaired. ...It was worth it.

I'm not one for Scootaorphan stories in general, but I'll work with this... Ah, the folly of youth and failing to realize just how bad things can really get. She needs to watch the opening of Fullmetal Alchemist? I do like how you used the stone toss to immediately sell that this was a portal to places. Digression to Twilight may have been unnecessary? Or maybe just ill-formed; in any case, it seems to detract from the core idea, as-written. Scoot's hoping could benefit from a little more spice (and more words, of course!), but the soul is there.

A pox upon your feghoots. That aside, I was sold on the idea of a little diner with these ponies hitting it off wrong.

Hm. The lack of spaces between paragraphs suggests poetry, but it doesn't really seem like poetry. "Vast" is kind of an odd word choice versus "vastness." I guess this is about Celestia and Luna fighting against Discord? I don't know. Nice use of language, but I have no idea what happened or what's being crossed over.

This is one story where putting off the reveal worked against it for me. There's a fine line, but in that the emotion charged here is one well established (or suggested) by canon. So it's not that you're adding any new emotions or any new characters to the mix. You're just surprising us that the revealed identity is one whose situation we all know well, and you're not extrapolating anything from it. So while it comes across in earnest, I would have liked to see it bring something new. Either that or show me the emotions involved instead of just setting up the situation and letting the reader bring the emotion to it.

Nice. It's another one that relies on reader knowledge of events outside the story for its emotional impact, but it does take a new angle on things. It's a different interpretation that the helmet acted as some sort of talisman, not so much that the nightmare was a separate entity that seduced her. I like the idea that she'd fought it before, but I presume that's strictly an internal struggle and not that the sisters had opposed it together? Still, one of my favorites.

Couple of editing issues. Not bad, but doesn't stand out from any other "Celestia dies" story. I'd wondered how long it would take to get to a death story (and I considered writing one myself). For what it is, it isn't bad, but it doesn't bring anything new to the genre. It does create a nice atmosphere. The letter's a nit disquieting. While it could just be a final message, it does open up the possibility of suicide. And if she's choosing the time of her own death, does that qualify? I don't know. Possibly an interesting philosophical question.

This started out sounding like a horror story. I expected Fluttershy to be a siren or vampire or some such. As a romance, it's kind of thin. Yeah, in 150 words, go figure. But all there is so far is a physical attraction, so it doesn't come across as love yet, just infatuation. He knows nothing about her except how she looks, after all. Actually, without it being horror, it does bring into question why he's forbidden from crossing the river. We don't get a reason. So a good atmosphere, albeit one you didn't intend, but without a taste of the background information that would gave given it life.

It's really hard to keep these things from being a bunch of one-line paragraphs, but it's worth trying, since it otherwise looks very thin. That or like poetry. I like the mood here, even though it's all setup and no resolution. There's a nice dynamic created between the characters, and I like the reversal that Trixie's the one in the know and that Starlight can't seem to get out of her rut of thinking. Cute, but it doesn't lead anywhere or even suggest that it will. It's no-stakes slice of life at its strictest, which has its fans, but personally, I'd like to see some direction. The character voicing is great, and that propels it up to one of my favorites.

Same issue as the last one in that all the one-line paragraphs play haywire with what's supposed to get emphasis and what isn't. It's not until the last few lines that this emerges from having a rather ominous atmosphere, and that change of expectations doesn't appear to be thematic or intentional. Hey, I've written things myself that came across with a far different tone than I had in mind. By the end, it's a very sweet take on the enduring pride she takes in a job she loves, but that tonal dissonance leaves me feeling uneasy about the whole. That's just my reaction, though.

Very much an Eve allegory, and I did appreciate the language throughout. Though it is unsatisfyingly teasing "something wicked." You mention that it took the form of an asp after you say Twilight found it, implying she witnessed the transformation, though we don't get to know anything about what it is. It's an omniscient narration, so there's no motivation for the narrator to withhold that information. That's a nitpick, though. On the one hand, it's a direct transposition of Twilight for Eve, but on the other, the evocative language is pleasant to read. I'd still place it among my favorites.

This one's an odd bird. It features a nice characterization of Scootaloo, but several things about it are strange. That Twilight didn't impress upon everyone those rips were to be left alone. That Scootaloo seems to be helping Twilight with them somehow. That Scootaloo is doing this without any of the other CMCs. It's a big risk she's taking, and while it's fine to treat her as impulsive, one big risk is whether she can return if she doesn't like where she ends up. If these are related to the mirror, she'd already know she can, but if it's something else, maybe not, and being stuck in a random possibility isn't a great situation. Without the build-up to why her parents mean so much to her, it's a little hard to get invested, as it banks on the assumed and thus generic. I just don't understand her motivation more than I would for any given character.

Srsly, when are you going to throw in the towel? A feghoot isn't just scraping the bottom of the barrel; it's looking under the barrel.

I second Pascoite's comment. Very nice use of language, but I'm unclear on what's going on. My best guess was Celestia and Luna creating the world from the primordial chaos?

Makes good use of the limited length available, but I think it somewhat misses the point. I'd have much rather lost one or two of the sentences earlier in the story and had a little bit more of Sunset/Celestia's reaction to each other. That is the interesting part of this reunion, and without it, this feels more like a concept story that doesn't quite deliver.

Good imagery, but I'm somewhat confused as to what's happening here. Does it imply that the Nightmare Moon helmet is like a charm or talisman Luna has been using (abusing), and now she finds she can't be rid of it? If so, I think the story might benefit from having that explored with one or two more sentences, or at least made more explicit.

Nice atmosphere, clear writing, doesn't overstay it's length. I wasn't blown away just because this genre has been done a lot, but I don't have any complaints.

I second Pascoite's comment on this as well. I was really expecting her to turn out to be some kind of monster -- or for the creature admiring her to be a changeling or somesuch. As is, it's basically just: "Boy sees girl who is attractive enough to be a model. Boy crushes on girl." It's a bit simple, even for its length.

I wish more had happened here -- the story feels a bit thin. That said, it was amusing, and the interaction is competently portrayed. It was a cute story that shows off two cute characters.

Oh, I quite liked this one. Poetry isn't usually my thing, but when I got to the reveal at the end, I wanted to read back through it all to pick up on all the language. Nice work!

This one I had trouble reviewing. I feel like it has the most potential of any story in this writeoff, but that it didn't quite make it. I want to see more of the tension that drives Scoots to abandon the world she lives in, and possibly some more poetic language as she takes that final plunge. I would love to see a longer version of this (maybe 500-1000 words) that goes into more detail and really expands on her feelings.

The setup amused. Nicely done. :twilightsmile:

Well, thanks for the constructive criticism on this. I'll be sure to use this to improve in the future.

Thanks for the the feedback! The piece is indeed a poem about Celestia and Luna preparing to fight Discord to establish Equestria. My intent was to focus on the emotions of the young sisters as they prepared to make the do-or-die attempt, specifically why they chose to fight and risk death, and that their one chance to do so happened in the passage of day to night, which with Discord in the picture is very unpredictable. I had wanted to write a piece like this for a while and the contest provided me with the motivation to do it. I may have gone overboard on the subtle aspect — but then it’s not the first time I’ve earned that criticism! Thanks again for sharing your thoughts!

Loganberry
Group Admin

6008665 6009065 6010145 6011780 6013824 6018326 6022788 6022855 6028022 6031107

Okay, results time! We had 10 entries this month, which is a slight uptick from last time. Thank you for entering! :twilightsmile: It means there'll definitely be an August contest, anyway. It also means I'll pick two hon menshes as well as the winner. Incidentally, since someone asked me: yes, you can win this thing more than once -- you just can't win it twice running. So, for example former winner Pascoite is eligible -- though I'm not exactly renowned for my love of fart jokes, so... :rainbowwild:

I found this month's contest a tricky one to judge, as quite a few submissions fell into the "I really like this, but..." category. But in the end, I've decided that the first hon mensh goes to Impossible Numbers. It's the dialogue between Starlight and Trixie that really worked best for me; this feels like it could easily be the seed of a longer story, or even a longer minific. It's true that not a great deal happens here, but this contest (or at least, its judge!) is fine with scenes and vignettes.

The second hon mensh goes to Guiding Breeze, since I found the whole setup here absolutely intriguing. Just a story about Celestia dying probably wouldn't have had that effect -- but the little hints that this is far, far in the future and that Tia is choosing when to go make it much more interesting. A little tightening, eg in the final line, might have given it more impact, but even as it stands it makes me ask all sorts of questions.

So, to this month's winner: xjuggernaughtx. With one small exception (I agree with KwirkyJ about the "beloved" bit) I enjoyed this, especially for its use of language. The final line isn't that startling in context, but it really did work for me. I think some knowledge of the IDW comics probably helped this have more of an impact on me -- the piece reminded me of Legends of Magic #1, for example. But I think show knowledge alone is enough, hence my choice.

Congratulations! :twilightsmile: You win the Willy Wonka Prize as usual, with the exception that xjuggernaughtx has the awesome responsibility of choosing the August prompt. When you've decided, please post it in this thread. I'll stick the actual contest thread up on the first of next month as usual.

though I'm not exactly renowned for my love of fart jokes

There's no accounting for taste.

Loganberry
Group Admin

My thoughts exactly. :P

After thinking about your notes on my story, I have to agree that you are correct. "Demon-Thing" was meant to make her seem a little formal, but instead it makes her sound childish. "Beloved" is probably a little too over the top. I wanted to give the feel like Celestia—at least in Luna's mind—had really taken substantial things from her, but this was too much. I do think that it could be made to work, but with more explanation.

Yes, it was meant to be a Lovecraftian-type horror that she unearthed when poking around in the Royal catacombs or some such. Now it preys on her insecurity. Soon enough, she'll pick it up and it will have her.

Oh, wow! I didn't really expect to win! I haven't really given the next prompt any thought. I'll come up with something a little later today. Also, I have to agree with KwirkyJ and you about the "beloved" thing. It was too much. Well, too much for this few words. It's something that would need a lot more development to buy. Live and learn, I guess.

Loganberry
Group Admin

Whoops, forgot to mention that it's fine to take a couple of days to think about the prompt if you like, though of course today's fine too. Just as long as you post it well in time for the 1st. :pinkiesmile:

Also, to everyone: feedback remains open if anyone else has things they want to say.

Congratulations to xjuggernaughtx! Well done! I'm looking forward to what you come up with for the next prompt.

Delighted to have received an honourable mention, not to forget some encouraging feedback from fellow users. It's always a pleasure to see people enjoying my work. :scootangel: (And it went a lot better than I'd expected).

On that front...

I'm intrigued by the consistent point that the fic as it stands does seem a bit on the thin side. Is it the case that the premise I took was inherently too simple or limited for use in a 150-word story (Starlight wants to learn Trixie's stage magic, but fails to grasp that stage magic isn't necessarily "magic" per se, and that's it)? I could see it being fleshed out with more scenes or description establishing, say, Starlight's motivation for trying to cross genres, or Trixie's endgame regarding the teaching. That would grant it a form of progression, but - I suspect - only in a much larger story.

For me, it was more "hey, this is a nice idea, but it doesn't go anywhere or mean anything." If you do a character exploration or show that one of them learns something about her friend or herself, then the story has a purpose, but as it is, it's just "here some inconsequential thing that happened."

Given how the judging works, then, could you post a list of things you don't like so I can avoid wasting my time next round?

From what I've seen, you should write about small birds and custard, but not about either farting. That's the sweet spot for Loganberry

Wait, little birds can keep from farting? I don't understand this world anymore.

Loganberry
Group Admin

Ouch. I thought you were commenting in the same silly vein as I was -- but if you really do feel unhappy, I clearly misjudged the situation. I'm sorry.

If it helps (probably not) I don't ignore everything else I feel about a fic just because it has a fart joke in it -- but it is true that toilet humour in general doesn't usually appeal to me.

It's the middle of the night here, so probably time I logged off for a few hours.

Ah, it's all in good fun. I didn't write that thinking it had anything but a niche audience.

Loganberry
Group Admin

Thank you, that's generous of you.

Still, it does give me an opening to remind people that I do read and respond to PMs, if anyone ever wants to say something privately.

Now, I await xjuggernaughtx's choice of "Farting Birds in Custard" as next month's prompt. (Don't you dare!)

I'd like next month's prompt to be "The Boiling Point." I think that could be taken in lots of interesting directions.

Loganberry
Group Admin

Seems fine to me. That's what it will be, then. :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 50