Flashfic 253 members · 77 stories
Comments ( 62 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 62
Loganberry
Group Admin

I should make it clearer (and will edit accordingly in a moment) but collabs are fine. However, if two people collaborate on an entry:

1. Neither of them can enter another competitive entry that month; and
2. Whoever's account it's posted under will be considered the victor (and therefore have the choice of prompt) if the entry wins.

As far as generic feedback goes, I don't want to be super-prescriptive seeing as the whole point of FF150 is to be a relaxed, low-pressure event, so I'll leave it mostly to your conscience. If you want a guideline, though, I personally feel that if the comments are generic enough that you wouldn't give a credit in a normal story of yours, then they don't count as a collab.

If you want a guideline, though, I personally feel that if the comments are generic enough that you wouldn't give a credit in a normal story of yours, then they don't count as a collab.

I tend to display 'thanks for prereading' for even rather 'generic feedback' story prereading. But I think I can figure out roughly where the fuzzy line runs, thanks. :twilightsmile:

I think it's high time I enter one of these contests.

Loganberry
Group Admin

I think you made a sound decision.

7820544 The best way to lose a contest is to not enter it.

Don't lose.

Loganberry
Group Admin

Dummy post as I accidentally duplicated one from elsewhere. Go me.

Once or twice a year, I think it would be cool if the 150 word limit was increased, and a guest judge or a popular vote was called decide the winner.

I like these contests, however I feel it would be nice if the contests were more varied, and I feel that increasing the word count every now and then will improve contest entries. Often times ideas are stunted because of the word count disallowing an idea to be developed adequately. This new kind of contest would give a place for those ideas to be more fully explored.

I think we should use a guest judge/vote because a): variety and b): I don't actually have another reason, I just want a little more variety. Sorry, Loganberry.

Edit: I found a relavant quote from Sephen Soundheim:

And then, "Another reason that Less Is More is a difficult principle to adhere to is that unless you can avoid the traps of banality and vagueness, Less Is Less. The distinction between simple and simplistic is something of a cliche, but no less valid for that; there is a thin dividing line between economy of means and penury of ideas." (Finishing the Hat, pl. 304)

Question: Regarding #8, what would happen if one were to post their story in the thread first, and then add it as a chapter to their short stories anthology?
Aka me.

Not sure if this falls afoul, if I wrote the story for here first

7865327 Many of us do that.

TBad Dragon's Short Stories
Got a minute? It will take you even less to read one of these unrelated short stories designed for instant reader’s gratification.
Bad Dragon · 10k words  ·  34  39 · 1k views

Thanks! Shall do that, then.

Loganberry
Group Admin

I've mentioned this on this month's thread, but for a little extra visibility I'll repeat it here: strictly as a one-off, December's contest will have a maximum word count of 250.

I'd interpret it as saying that you and another person can submit 2 collabs per month!

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 62