Anon-A-Miss 1,332 members · 1,274 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

You know how the Humane 5 turned on Sunset for such flimsy reasons? After doing some thinking, I can't help but notice how similar this scenario is to how the Humane 5 turned on each other before Equestria Girls. So it got me to thinking, what if, during the Anon-A-Miss fiasco, after the Humane 5 decide that Sunset was no longer their friend, someone brings up their own past and asks them something along the lines of "If that's all it takes to end your friendship with her, can you really say you really were Sunset's friends? In fact, can you even say you're friends with each other if that's all it took to end it?"

Yeah it was brought in a fic, thou it was more like. Applejack slapped herself and ran off after Sunset to apologize, start up everyone asking themselves how stupid were they.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/379653/myriad-thoughts

But you're idea is a bit different as someone pointed it out to them.

What does it lead to?

Of course they're friends. They're human friends. They're not ponies whose friendships have a special kind of strength, they're just plain humans who sometimes screw up and make mistakes and hurt one another. We've all seen or experienced friendships breaking over far less than what they thought was happening in anon-a-miss.

I mentioned that topic in the most recent chapter of my fic actually

"... when I arrived the first time ... I thought Sunset had separated you."
"But now, I don't know if you five were ever really friends."

That's said by Twilight

You do make a good point. I think they were just aquatinces because it took Twilight Sparkle in the pony world for them to become friends. With Twilight Sparkle in Crystal prep that friendship never came to be

I actually wrote a scene like this in my own Anon-A-Miss story where Sunset herself asks them if they truly were her friends and even asks them what they truly felt about her.

Golden Flare
Group Contributor

6382542 I'd hate to admit it, but you may have a point, but I'd like to think that the Anon-a-Miss incident strengthened their friendship

Let’s face it, humans tend to ignite over one small detail that could easily be talked about. For instance, my mom yelled at me the other day about not doing my laundry but didn’t realize it was hers and my dad’s

draph91
Group Admin

Wasn’t there another story where Princess Twilight asked them before she came to the human world, how long were they not talking to each other?

draph91
Group Admin

it was, thanks

here's the exact thing, it comes from chapter 10 btw

"I believed Sunset because she's my friend!" Twilight snapped, putting emphasis on the "d" in "friend." She couldn't believe she actually had to spell this out for them. "Because I trust her! That's what friends do! They have faith in each other, they stick by each other, and until there is undeniable, irrefutable evidence that says otherwise, they give them the benefit of the doubt! For crying out loud, after all this time, do you still have that little faith in her? Or did her helping us save the entire school from the sirens just go over your heads?!"

Twilight gave a bitter chuckle. She looked like she was about to burst into tears. "I mean...I thought you guys would've learned your lesson the first time, but-"

"Whaddaya mean, 'the first time'?" Applejack asked, confused.

"Come on, AJ. Your memory can't be that bad." Spike snarked. "It was before we got here. Before the Fall Formal. You guys were at each others' throats. Over some stupid fight you had."

"That wasn't our fault! Sunset tricked us!" Rainbow said defensively.

"Yes. She did. And she was wrong for that. But did any of you try to find that out?" Twilight scolded. Rainbow fell silent. "No. You didn't. You just automatically assumed the worst in each other without even trying to find a solution. And because of that you lost, what? Weeks? Months?"

"...Three years." Rarity whispered, tears streaming down her face.

"...She's right..." Fluttershy whimpered. "We...we haven't learned anything." She burst into tears and buried her face in her hands.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11